Horst Wessel funeral.

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Erich S

Re: Horst Wessel funeral.

Post by Erich S » 19 May 2012, 19:44

CSI Berlin, Helly! Haha :D

ihoyos

Post by ihoyos » 19 May 2012, 21:31

Many thanks, but I have new wood for the fire. My last statement "" No film about Horst Wessel funeral sufaced yet.""
IS NOT TRUE.
I can not donwload the film because is rights protected. But I can lead your to see the preview of this film ( 36 seconds, for sure 16 real Horst Wessel Funeral. You can buy the film by 6 euros per second.
go to http://www.onlinefootage.tv
and just write Horst Wessel in the search window

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 19 May 2012, 23:21

Ihoyos,
Incredible find. You have done it again! I found the 36 second clip and viewed it.
Was that a quick shot of Horst Wessel in life at the very beginning, or just simply an SA man from the same Sturm 33 who was attending the funeral? Reason tells me it's the latter case, wishful thinking says former if they were showing a fast film clip of him to introduce the funeral footage. Goebbels and Pfeffer can be seen. Hearse with two horses moving along. I am amazed by how all this information developed...it all started with Max's innocently posted photo! Thanks for your detective work.
A lot has been learned thus far in this thread.

Teppeny

Post by Teppeny » 25 Nov 2018, 18:51

J. Duncan wrote:
19 May 2012, 23:21
Was that a quick shot of Horst Wessel in life at the very beginning, or just simply an SA man from the same Sturm 33 who was attending the funeral?
This is probably Hans Maikowski, Wessel was not a member of the 33 Sturm, he was a member of the 5/1.
HM.jpg
Probably Hans Maikowski, this is taken from Apocalypse Hitler
Hans Maikowski colo.png
This is a picture of Hans Maikoski colorised by me (note that the rank isn't the same)
Hans Maikowski colo.png (105.16 KiB) Viewed 519 times
Maikowski33.jpg
This is Hans Maikowski, the picture is from a book "Hans Maikowski 33"

fxral

Post by fxral » 17 Nov 2023, 06:22

Hoping this will be seen as the posts are several years old.
A short explanation- My father in law was in the Army during the war. He was an interpreter as he spoke several languages. Among his posesions was 35mm movie reel.I recently had it converted to a thumb drive. It appears to be of Horst Wessels funeral not all of the film could be used due to the age of the film. what is left is 6 min and 11 sec. I would like to find out if this is of any historical value.
Thank you

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”