Paul Gückel Breslau Infomation wanted

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
marcus cudworth

Paul Gückel Breslau Infomation wanted

Post by marcus cudworth » 14 Jan 2019, 16:04

Im trying to track down some family history in this case for Paul Gückel . I know very little about him except he was executed in Breslau in 1945 . He drove his family to the Western border of Breslau so they could flee the Russians. Then he returned to the fortress Breslau and was executed for desertion this mention I found on this site: Paul Gückel, Ortsgruppenleiter der Ortsgruppe Klettendorf (Klecina), 02.03.1945 in Breslau auf Befehl v. Gauleiter Hanke erschossen.
I would be grateful for any thing that shines a light on this gentleman at all. Rank and so forth Ive attached his wedding picture of Paul Gückel (?-1945).
Thank you
Attachments
wedding.jpg
wedding.jpg (159.86 KiB) Viewed 1026 times

wm

Re: Paul Gückel Breslau Infomation wanted

Post by wm » 14 Jan 2019, 23:43

Paul Gückel was an NSDAP cell (maybe county, it's unclear) leader in Klettendorf.
According to Hanke, both he and Eugen Pfand (the Bürgermeister of Klettendorf) left their posts pursuing matters of personal concern, caused problems for the Wehrmacht unit occupying Klettendorf, didn't provide it with assistance, and so forth.
Gückel traveled to Haynau (Chojnów - about 100 km from Breslau).

He is probably mentioned in "Festung Breslau" in den Berichten eines Pfarrers" by Rev. Paul Peikert

marcus cudworth

Re: Paul Gückel Breslau Infomation wanted

Post by marcus cudworth » 14 Jan 2019, 23:56

Well thank you very much thats really useful. I look out for the book .

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”