Was Robert Ley jewish ?

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
DavidFrankenberg

Was Robert Ley jewish ?

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 23 Apr 2019, 04:20

Hi,

Baldur von Schirach told in Ich glaubte an Hitler (chapter 37) that Robert Ley's family was jewish, that his real name was Levy, that his aryan certificate was in Hess' safe, that he told him one day "i have no right to play the germanic hero, in real life too i am not a model".
At the end of the war, Göring told Schirach that Ley told others nazi captives in Mondorf-Luxemburg's camp that "we were wrong, sirs. The Jews gonna lead the world. And we have to help them to lead the world now.". Göring added : "i dont know if he's mad or a coward".

I often heard about the supposed jewishness of Rosenberg, or even Hitler ( :lol: ), but never about Ley.

Schirach already accused Colin Ross of being jewish in his book. We have seen here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=241531 that it was wrong, Schirach simply confounded Colin Ross with his brother whose wife was jewish.

bytwerk

Re: Was Robert Ley jewish ?

Post by bytwerk » 25 May 2019, 20:03

The rumor was of long standing. Hans Hinkel reports the story circulated before 1933:

Adolf Hitler had “spat out the communion wafer.” Hermann Göring was smuggling opium or morphine. Robert Ley had “lost a ‘v’” in his name.

https://research.calvin.edu/german-prop ... hinkel.htm

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”