Need pics of Franz Xaver Schwarz

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
w4uvv

Need pics of Franz Xaver Schwarz

Post by w4uvv » 07 Nov 2019, 19:10

I need any picture(s) media or private posted of Reichsschatzmeister Schwarz (National Treasurer of the NSDAP) wearing civilian attire post 1938 with also the Party armband attached. There exists a non-RZM private purchase armband attributed to
Schwarz. Reichsschatzmeister Schwarz, as you are aware, was an old close friend of Hitler whom he visited frequently in Berchesgaden usually traveling via train wearing civilian clothes and a smaller sized Party armband similar to the Sonderbeauftragter (Specially Employed Persons) design with a gold metal pip centered on the swastika.

He supposedly wore this smaller sized modified Party armband only to non-official informal private personal gatherings with his male friends who also wore this smaller modified armband. Why? One reason his Party uniform could be more constraining and uncomfortable during hot weather or inside some buildings. The armband had the "old" smell of a vintage item and it passed the black light test. The cloth insignia also had the blackish oxidation coloration of the yellow bullion like embroidery.

Before you bring out the daggers...one of my main collecting interests is NSDAP armbands of which I have a respectable collection of both periods. I seek only the truth. I have no interest in debating or defending this armband either way with anyone. As we know fakes were alive and well especially in 1945 for those GIs who wanted a souvenir to bring back and the locals were kept busy after WW2 accommodating them ever since.

Sorry, I don't have a picture to post. The owner is an honest long time dealer friend who has been a contributor to such 1980's publications as "The SA".

I only want to see if a picture exists of him wearing such a described smaller Party armband on civilian clothing. That's all. I've searched the internet but so far no luck. I found pictures of him but not the one I was looking for.

Tnx for reading this post.

John : :D

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”