Judicial Senates

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
ThisisLeo

Judicial Senates

Post by ThisisLeo » 13 Nov 2020, 07:32

I've done some research about the Reichsgercht (The Supreme Court), but I cannot seem to find the organization of the Reichsgericht during The German Reich.. Would anyone know a complete organization list regarding this field? With this, I cannot find anything mentioning the Senates of the Reichsgericht (what they are) and their actions.

I'm trying to figure out the organization of the judicial system, I've been interested in the legal aspects of The German Reich.

Halfdan S.

Re: Judicial Senates

Post by Halfdan S. » 13 Nov 2020, 10:53

Hi Leo,

The Reichsgericht had nine "Zivilsenate" (I-IX) and five "Strafsenate" (I-V). The President of the Reichsgericht Dr. Bumke was Senatspräsident of the III. Strafsenat, the Vizepresident Eugen Kolb was Senatspräsident of the II. Zivilsenat.

Best
Halfdan S.

GregSingh

Re: Judicial Senates

Post by GregSingh » 13 Nov 2020, 11:50

Geschichte des Reichsgerichts (several volumes) by Friedrich Karl Kaul is one of the most comprehensive sources on this subject. Published in East Germany in 1971. Fragments have been used in several online articles, just Google for Strafsenat des Reichsgerichts or Zivilsenat des Reichsgerichts.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”