BDM Senior Officer Eva Todtenhöfer

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
fw200condor

BDM Senior Officer Eva Todtenhöfer

Post by fw200condor » 10 Jan 2022, 12:20

Hello, I'm new here. This is my first post, so please be gentle on me... :wink:

I am seeking any information people may have on a senior BDM leader (Gauführerin in Friedenau) named Eva Todtenhöfer (I'd love anything you can find: biographical details, post-war life, marriage information, children, date of death, her exact duties, any photos, etc). The information I have found so far is very slim.

This is what I have:

Source 1.

TODTENHÖFER, EVA born on August 22nd, 1916 in Strelno; NSDAP since 19.1938, member no. 7,049,135; as Jmugf. from 1933 leader of the Jungmädeluntergaue Sauerland and Pregel in the Gau Old Prussia of the Gauverband Ost; 1937/38 Head of Department
11/1937 to Ugf. promoted; as successor to Ruth Rolixmann until 8/1939 staff leader of the BDM upper management North Sea; as Ugf. (from 11/1939 as Gf) 8 / 1939–1 / 1941 BDM official officer for youth hostels and trips of the RJF
in the organization office of the RUF (successor to Marianne Leipold), promoted to Gmf in 4/1942; as Gmf. from 10/1942 BDM official assistant in the war support service of the Reichsleiter von Schirach in the RJF.

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=ah ... &pg=PA1221

Page 1221

Source 2.
Moka's closest employees at the HJ headquarters included Eva Todtenhöfer, BDM official officer in the service
provide war support service for Reichsleiter von Schirach in the Reich Youth Leadership;

https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/ ... 51-006/pdf

Footnote page 346.

According to a 1949 directory, there was an Eva Todtenhöfer living on the Eisenbahnstrasse in Werder Havel. I assume it is the same person.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

GregSingh

Re: BDM Senior Officer Eva Todtenhöfer

Post by GregSingh » 11 Jan 2022, 05:50

In the press.
Not sure if the first one below is about her as only surname was provided. Sounds too local for her position.

From Dec. 30th, 1939:

Tagung der Ortsbäuerinnen in Westendorf, Kitzbühel und St. Johann in Tirol.

Am Samstag und Sonntag fanden in Westendorf, Kitzbühel und St. Johann in Tirol Arbeitsbesprechungen der Ortsbäuerinnen der Kreisbauernschaft Kitzbühel statt, bei denen die Wirtschaftsberaterin Fräulein Todtenhöfer über die vordringlichen Arbeiten im Jänner bis März sprach. Fräulein Todtenhöfer hob dabei besonders die Wichtigkeit der Zusammenarbeit mit der NS.-Frauenschaft hervor. Zum Schluß wurde ein Film gezeigt.

From May 24th, 1941:

Die BDM-Abteilungsleiterinnentagung auf der Görlitzen

Vom 27. bis 30. Mai findet in der Bergerhütte auf der Görlitzen eine Reichstagung für die Organisationsabteilungsleiterinnen aller BDM—Obergaue statt. Gauführerin Eva Todtenhöfer von der Reichsjugendführung wird mit den Abteilungsleiterinnen des gesamten Reiches die Planung der Fahrten und Lager des BDM für das kommende Arbeitsjahr durchbesprechen.

fw200condor

Post by fw200condor » 11 Jan 2022, 08:28

Thanks, Greg. Much appreciated.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 11 Jan 2022, 14:55

Eva Todtenhöfer is mentioned in the 1999 german book "Ein Leben für die Jugend" by Jutta Rüdiger.

Ein Leben für die Jugend
- Mädelführerin im Dritten Reich -

Deutsche Verlagsgesellschaft
Preußisch Oldendorf 1999 ISBN 3-920 722-58-2
Rüdiger Jutta Ein Leben für die Jugend 1999.jpg
Rüdiger Jutta Ein Leben für die Jugend 1999.jpg (59.3 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
The publisher politically right-wing, I found a mint copy of the book at a local flea market in 2016 for 2.50 euros.

ZVAB https://www.zvab.com/erstausgabe/Leben- ... 3265625/bd

Jutta Rüdiger https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jutta_Rüdiger

Hans
P.S. As far as I know, the book is not available as a *pdf file online.
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

fw200condor

Post by fw200condor » 11 Jan 2022, 15:17

Thank you. :) Did the book say anything significant about Eva Todtenhöfer?

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 11 Jan 2022, 15:32

Jutta Rüdiger has been a topic here in the forum several times before, I have also mentioned the book before.

The book is interesting, not least because of the many photos it contains.
It is please not my task to present you the contents of the book sentence by sentence here.
In a book collection on this complex of topics there are of course also such works, and these are not even a few works that were published in Germany after 1945.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

fw200condor

Post by fw200condor » 11 Jan 2022, 15:52

Okay, not a problem. Thanks.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 11 Jan 2022, 16:51

fw200condor,

I have read the book, of course, and remember the name, but it is almost impossible to list all mentions of a single name here.
I simply don't have the time, and I haven't scanned the book either, why should I ?
I am seeking any information people may have on a senior BDM leader (Gauführerin in Friedenau) named Eva Todtenhöfer (I'd love anything you can find: biographical details, post-war life, marriage information, children, date of death, her exact duties, any photos, etc). The information I have found so far is very slim.
Very understandable, perhaps for personal or family reasons, but I would recommend that you get what little literature you can on the subject yourself.
At least the literature that was published after 1945 on this subject.

Bund Deutscher Mädel https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bund_Deutscher_Mädel
See "Quellen" / "Sekundärliteratur" / "Hochschularbeiten", this list is almost endless...

It is clear to me that the search is difficult for a non-German speaking person, but you will certainly be supported here in the forum, see above...

Hans

fw200condor

Post by fw200condor » 11 Jan 2022, 22:27

Thanks for those pointers, will do.

Yes, I am researching all Todtenhöfers in the military for genealogy reasons. The surname is East Prussian but I am not yet sure of how all the Todtenhöfers are interrelated.

If anyone knows more on the history of this family, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 13 Jan 2022, 14:44

Good afternoon Herr fw200condor,

I have checked the book again, also the Index of the book.
(Index, an alphabetical list of names, subjects, etc., with references to the places where they occur, typically found at the end of a book)

The last name Todtenhöfer was not mentioned, so my information was wrong, sorry. :oops:
Please try another search by putting the name in quotes like this: "Eva Todtenhöfer", such a search will lead you to better search results...
I would recommend a "metasearch engine" also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metasearch_engine

Good luck for your further research !
And please let us know, what you will be able to find...

Search results for nachname "todtenhöfer": https://www.google.com/search?client=op ... 8&oe=UTF-8

Hans
P.S. English is not my native language, sorry, but I try my best. :milwink:

fw200condor

Post by fw200condor » 14 Jan 2022, 00:51

Not a problem, Hans. Thanks for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it. :)

Yes, I will do some searching and see what I can find out.

Cheers.

fw200condor

Post by fw200condor » 17 Jan 2022, 02:43

I found a few references in a newspaper for East Prussian exiles:

One was celebrating her 70th birthday in 1986.

Another one was a person listing classmates she hoped to be reunited with and Eva Todtenhöfer mentioned in her list.

That's all, which seems unusual for a fairly senior Nazi figure. :?

Hans1906
    Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 18 Jan 2022, 20:38

Eva Todtenhöfer was mentioned five times in the 2003 work:

Michael Buddrus
    Totale Erziehung für den totalen Krieg
    - Hitlerjugend und nationalsozialistische Jugendpolitik -
    Todtenhöfer Eva Screenshot.JPG
    Todtenhöfer Eva Screenshot.JPG (71.64 KiB) Viewed 3201 times
    The *.pdf file is online, 122 Megabyte download size, 1308 pages.

Hans

Hans1906
    Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 18 Jan 2022, 21:46

That's all, which seems unusual for a fairly senior Nazi figure
    I rembered the name Todtenhöfer from some local chronicles in my northwest german homeland.
    Local chronicles, printed in very small editions, related to the BDM, and the RADwJ.
    The name Todtenhöfer was, and is not common in my homeland, thats all, I am able to contribute, sorry.

There will be nothing more to find in the future, most of the stuff was thrown away after 1945,
    the families did not talk about all this, and the descendants are not interested at all...

Nobody wanted to "roll up" the family heritage again, and again...

Hans

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”