Stützpunktleiter in Ostgebiete

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Peter
Financial supporter

Stützpunktleiter in Ostgebiete

Post by Peter » 17 Jan 2022 16:51

What was the function of a Stützpunktleiter in the Ostgebiete ? I understand the translated term but do not know where it fits in in the Ostgebiete organizational hierarchy. I have noted a number who were killed in partisan actions or assassinated by partisans.
thanks for any help

GregSingh

Re: Stützpunktleiter in Ostgebiete

Post by GregSingh » 18 Jan 2022 06:19

I don't think it has anything to do with NSDAP Stützpunktleiter

It's about managing farmland in the East.
Usually he was a farmer or agriculture official, working for land management company - Landbewirtschaftungsgesellschaft, eg. here for Ukraine: LBGU.

Stützpunktleiter was responsible for managing up to a dozen of villages or collective farms.
Oberleiter was responsible for a small number of farmsteads, Betriebsleiter for just one.
They all reported to Kreislandwirt.

Here is a definition in German:
Was ist überhaupt ein Stützpunktleiter?
Er ist der von der Landbewirtschaftungsgesellschaft Ukraine eingesetzte Leiter eines sogenannten Stützpunktes, der bis zu einem Dutzend Dörfer umsaßt. Der Stützpunktleiter erhält seine Weisungen vom Kreislandwirt.

These positions were usually reserved to German farmers, althought I have a book about Dutch settlers near Zwiahel and it says only four-week course was required for a Dutch farmer to become a Stützpunktleiter.
The more you let yourself to go, the less others will let you to go.
F.Nietzsche

Peter
Financial supporter

Re: Stützpunktleiter in Ostgebiete

Post by Peter » 18 Jan 2022 10:53

Thanks Greg
I had not understood the structure of the civilian side of things
Peter

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”