hitler waves the HJ bugler to stop blowing

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
ignacioosacar1

hitler waves the HJ bugler to stop blowing

Post by ignacioosacar1 » 15 Jul 2022, 23:48

Some time ago I saw a film in utube where Hitler is at a HJ rally. The HJ bugler standing behind him keeps blowing the instrument practically into Hitler´s ear. Apparently upset Hitler turns around and signals him to stop doing so. Does anyone knows where and when was that? I would like to see it again and have not found it. It is very funny indeed.

Cheers all !

SteveFBS

Re: hitler waves the HJ bugler to stop blowing

Post by SteveFBS » 16 Jul 2022, 16:47

ignacioosacar1 wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 23:48
Some time ago I saw a film in utube where Hitler is at a HJ rally. The HJ bugler standing behind him keeps blowing the instrument practically into Hitler´s ear. Apparently upset Hitler turns around and signals him to stop doing so. Does anyone knows where and when was that? I would like to see it again and have not found it. It is very funny indeed.

Cheers all !
I'd love to see that myself.

kalkstein

Post by kalkstein » 17 Jul 2022, 11:18

Are you referring to this scene?

1933-09-02 reichsparteitag.jpg
(The Fuehrer has to make himself heard)

https://www.hitler-archive.com/photo.php?p=uxcOOWce

It appears in the movie "Der Sieg des Glaubens" ("The Victory of Faith"), about the party rally of 1933, directed by Leni Riefenstahl. The scene starts approximately at 00:34:20:

https://archive.org/details/1933-Der-Sieg-des-Glaubens

ignacioosacar1

Post by ignacioosacar1 » 17 Jul 2022, 22:36

No it is not. I will try to describe the scene with the details I remember. I has been quite a few years since I saw it.
Firstly the camera is focusing Hitler from his right side and from a slightly higher position.
The camera position possibly is at aproximately the same distance as the one presented in the previous post.
Hitler comes walking from left to right.
The bugler is already standing on the platform playing a call ( Attention call ? )
It sounded as a continuous and quick repetition of the same three or four notes.
The camera focuses Hitler from his right side, Hitler faces towards the right side of the screen, while the bugler, who is standing on Hitlers left side, faces towards the camera.
The bugler is some two or three feet away from Hitler´s position.
Hitler walks to a rather small platform with enough space for himself and the bugler.
The platform is not very high, considering the public in the rear.
I am not completely sure now, but he was wearing his uniform with jacket on. Say again, I am not sure.
The bugler was around 10 years old and not higher than Hitler shoulder.
I cannot assure the pic in the previous post was in the same event but shot from a different angle. The bugler seemed to be older too.
The bugler was interfering with Hitler´s tipical 15 seconds of silence before starting his speech.
That is all my recollection
Cheers !

Max

Post by Max » 18 Jul 2022, 02:46

ah.jpg
The red spot indicates AH's hand waving the trumpeter away.

kalkstein's postcard pic was taken a moment before " the incident "
and his time marker of the film is spot on.
Greetings from the Wide Brown.

kalkstein

Post by kalkstein » 18 Jul 2022, 09:29

Good idea to add a screenshot of the movie clip. I forgot to do that. Thank you for helping me out, Max.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 18 Jul 2022, 13:38

It's amazing how even today, almost a century later, people still care about every fart Adolf Hitler made.

Endless books, websites, etc. about every fart, every path, every step this Austrian upstart has ever taken, very amazing...

The "Thousand Year Reich" finds its current legacy in all of this, even old underpants from Hitler were already on offer.

Real satire, 24/7, and that will never end, even in 1000 years there will still be lectures about Hitler's underpants... :lol:

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

ignacioosacar1

Post by ignacioosacar1 » 18 Jul 2022, 22:44

Dear Forum,

I accept the fact that memory might record false images and play tricks, but I still think that the bugler was much younger, around 10, and clearly under 15
The bugler was already standing ON the platform playing the bugle call BEFORE Hitler walked in.
In this film Hitler was already standing at platform together with Von Schirach when the bugler is ordered in to play the call.
In my recollection it is only Hitler and the bugler at the platform. No Von Schirach at the platform.
If there are no other presentations, given the size of this forum I will accept that I had a false picture instaled in my memory.
A rather common phenomena that worsens with age or regardless age just the mere fact of the time that transcurs since a witness registers an image.

ignacioosacar1

Post by ignacioosacar1 » 22 Jul 2022, 19:06

Dear Forum:

The bugler I saw was the age of the one who intercepted Hitler ( to ask for an authograph or give a gift ) while he is reviewing the HJ parade.

https://youtu.be/FJCR6TtMKcM

ignacioosacar1

Post by ignacioosacar1 » 26 Jul 2022, 15:29

Dear Forum,

I think I undestand what has happened. The film I saw was unedited. The film commonly seen in the web today are edited versions, which include the not very pleasant escene I described. Somehow the rare raw film is around somewhere in the web. Only to be found by chance. The day I check all the HJ rallies films in which Hitler was present I will give up. There was a bugle call before Hitler spoke every time in a HJ rally. I cheked a few, currently in utube, where there is no bugler call scene at all. Why ? Removed ? The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Cheers all!

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 26 Jul 2022, 16:01

"Die deutsche Jugend soll schlank und rank sein, zäh wie Leder, flink wie Windhunde, und hart wie Kruppstahl!" (Adolf Hitler)
(The German youth should be slim and slender, tough as leather, nimble as greyhounds, and hard as Krupp steel!)

Probably the most famous sentence of the Führer Adolf Hitler.

The video is legend, not here.

Hans
Attachments
HJ.jpg
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”