Martin Bormann

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
VanillaNuns

Martin Bormann

Post by VanillaNuns » 21 Sep 2022, 21:55

Mark Felton is currently publishing a series of videos about Martin Bormann's death.

Episode 1: Bormann - The Gatekeeper

The first 8 minutes can be skipped. It's just an introduction into who Bormann, his leadership role in the NSDAP and his relationship with Hitler. Then moves onto the last week in the bunker.

Things start getting interesting at the 8 minute mark which covers the final few days before Hitler's suicide and gives some insight into Bormann's behaviour and state of mind at the time.

It concludes with the aftermath of Hitler's death and plans for the breakout on the night of 1 May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUuAaVvigLw

Episode 2: Escape route

Very interesting. Felton describes the breakout from the Reich Chancellery, the route taken through the underground stations and tunnels, the encounter on the Weidendammer bridge and Bormann's corpse being witnessed by Axmann.

Felton concludes the stories don't match and, besides, the timings are all wrong for the accepted version of events to be correct. For example, the battle on the bridge took place much earlier than Axmann claimed.

There is also a peculiar incident where a couple of elderly Reichsbahn employees refuse to open an underground tunnel, despite being ordered to do so by SS-Brigadefuhrer Mohnke who meekly accepts being rebuffed and heads in another direction instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uPOXb4M1oA

He hints at more revelations to come in part 3 and it's obvious that Axmann persuaded Baur and several others to alter their testimony about what happened that night.

I'm not into the Bormann conspiracy theory that he escaped from Berlin but this is definitely still worth a watch and I look forward to the next episode.

The whole area in Berlin is completely changed from 1945, and even from 1972 when Bormann's skeleton was found. There are some good photographs on this website taken in the mid 1990s, before Lehrter station and the Invalidienstrasse were redeveloped.

https://www.anesi.com/east/bormann.htm

Opinions welcome, hopefully based on evidence and not wild conspiracy theories. Until we see what Dr Felton has to say in the next video...

VanillaNuns

Re: Martin Bormann

Post by VanillaNuns » 05 Oct 2022, 02:50

The next 2 parts have been uploaded. Felton strongly believes that Bormann escaped to Paraguay in 1948 via the Vatican ratlines, died in Ascunsion of illness in the early 1960s and was then reburied in Berlin in 1973.

He makes a compelling case: documents, eyewitness testimony, letters and dental records. Plus a huge amount of bizarre coincidences should the "accepted" version of events be true.

Is it possible? Yes, I believe so. If you'd asked me that a few years ago I would have said otherwise but there is a case that Bormann somehow escaped from Berlin and hid in a military hospital in Denmark (helped by his relative anonymity) until things cooled down in June 1945.

Very interesting and all worth a watch...

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 07 Oct 2022, 00:17

Total BS -- the body found was definitely of a 45 year old man. Bormann was born in 1900. He was 45 in 1945. So unless he found the fountain of youth in South America this is total BS. There were a lot of assumptions like the "red clay" issue that has been debunked so many times it is getting ridiculous. Felton has some interesting things on his youtube site but he also makes a lot of simple errors and is prone to exaggeration to get lots of views.

Mark Costa

VanillaNuns

Post by VanillaNuns » 24 Oct 2022, 05:37

The last part fizzled out after some initial promising revelations. No credible explanation offered as to why the skeleton was moved from Paraguay back to Berlin and then reburied in the city centre without anyone noticing. Just some whacky conspiracy theories.

Mark is right, this series of videos was more for entertainment and conspiracy theories rather than historical fact (unlike the excellent Himmler series)

A lot of the content seems to have been "borrowed" from Hugh Thomas' 1996 book, "Doppelgangers: The Truth About The Bodies in the Berlin bunker"

WAR LORD

Post by WAR LORD » 24 Oct 2022, 13:05

There was one theory that Borman was an insider for British intelligence. There is report that he was encountered in Flensburge Northern Germany. He was taken to UK by submarine and deposited in East Anglia, via Colchester. This was where the "Funnies" were deposited then sent to Ely Cambridgeshire, here they were sent to 6 saterlight camps, Friday Bridge, Thorny, Whittlesey. Peterborough and district have a very large foreign population. Italian, Latvian, Ukrainian, Polish, Estonian.

Just an interesting thought????

Biber

Post by Biber » 24 Oct 2022, 13:21

Mark Costa wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 00:17
Total BS -- the body found was definitely of a 45 year old man. Bormann was born in 1900. He was 45 in 1945. So unless he found the fountain of youth in South America this is total BS. There were a lot of assumptions like the "red clay" issue that has been debunked so many times it is getting ridiculous. Felton has some interesting things on his youtube site but he also makes a lot of simple errors and is prone to exaggeration to get lots of views.

Mark Costa
Can you cite the sources informing your opinion on the subject? I would be interested to read them myself.

WAR LORD

Post by WAR LORD » 24 Oct 2022, 15:56

it was a newspaper report some 40 years ago. I think I have a copy somewhere in my records. Also, a Peter Tombs who had a relationship with Erick Plesants and John Liester both of the BFC had the same story. He said that Borman was with Himmler. They had tried to get a "position" with Donitz. Thoughts in his new government.

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 24 Oct 2022, 18:47

Biber wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 13:21
Mark Costa wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 00:17

Mark Costa
Can you cite the sources informing your opinion on the subject? I would be interested to read them myself.

I suggest you get Lang's book on Bormann called "The Secretary". The appendix covers ALL of the forensics of the remains on Bormann and Stumpfegger. Also back in the 1990's when DNA tests were done on his remains it was once again shown to have been on a 45 year old man. All this crap about soil is BS -- these are just stories that keep getting regurgitated because they were in the files of various intelligence services. Do you know how much crap is in the files of intelligence services that are totally crazy? Just because they had files on Bormann being in South America doesn't make them real. I suggest if you really want to research Bormann remains you go to Berlin and can views the files personally. There is a lot more in them that has ever been published and certainly Felton has never seen them -- or he wouldn't be peddling this crap.

Mark Costa

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 25 Oct 2022, 18:16

Nobody has to buy a book about the fate of Martin Bormann, the dirty little bastard found his end 1945 in Berlin.

Martin Bormann 1900-1945: https://www.dhm.de/lemo/biografie/martin-bormann

Very sorry, "they" did not get him, he would be a perfect "candidate" for the allied gallows, if at all.

Similar to Erich Mielke in the former DDR, a "background" monster, pulling all the strings...

Hans
* The interest in this "creature" is not common to me personally, a mean person, his fate was clear, years before...
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

JoeW

Post by JoeW » 21 Feb 2023, 00:51

Is this a young Martin Bormann conversing with SA Stabschef Lutze in July 1936? Thank you.
001.jpg

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 21 Feb 2023, 02:03

JoeW wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 00:51
Is this a young Martin Bormann conversing with SA Stabschef Lutze in July 1936? Thank you.

001.jpg
Yep that's ole Marty.

Mark Costa

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 21 Feb 2023, 03:02

JoeW wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 00:51

001.jpg
Great photo, Joe. Thanks for sharing it.

Best wishes,
~ Mike

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”