really basic question: why the swastika?

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » 19 May 2002, 18:17

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that the symbol is the Hindu symbol for purity and Hitler thought that the Hindus were at one point in history the true 'Aryan' race...

Bret van Sant
Location: 1st star to the right then straight on 'till morning

Post by Bret van Sant » 19 May 2002, 18:22

THE PIN IS MARKED STERLING ON THE REVERSE.CAME IN A COLLECTION I PURCHASED

Bret van Sant
Location: 1st star to the right then straight on 'till morning

Post by Bret van Sant » 19 May 2002, 18:26

A NICE CARD, CRAPPY SCAN.SHOWS AN AMERICAN INDIAN TRIBE RENOUNCING THE SWASTICA.ABOUT 1942 OR SO

Matt Gibbs

Boy Scouts

Post by Matt Gibbs » 19 May 2002, 23:16

The founder of the movement baden Powell came across the swastika in the time he was in the army of the british empire as a good luck symbol. He later adopted it in the 1920's on personal good luck and thanks cards given to people who had helped or benefitted the boy scouts. Right up until the late 1930's he used ut and stuck with it despite "his" symbol being adopted by the nazis. He decided to carry on using it because he believed no one would be daft enough in Britiain to associate the scouts with the nsdap. He was more or less coerced into changing it before the outbreak of war though. There is a society calle friends of the swastika isn't there..? They exist to promote its use for the historical meaning of it for the last 800 odd years as a good luck and peace symbol rather than a flag symbol used for only a few years in Germany which was no where near as long BUT seems to stick in 'short sighted' peoples minds more...
Regards
Matt G

Ovidius

Post by Ovidius » 20 May 2002, 00:38

A lot of Romanian Orthodox churches built between the 14th and the 19th centuries have Hackenkreuze(the "straight" type used by Hitler) in their decoration. Due to the well-known inefficiency of the Romanian administration :oops: , the Communists did not eliminate them(Commies don't give a damn when they are going to destroy centuries-old cultural monuments). I'll try to post in the future a few pictures of Romanian monasteries.

Also, many Romanian soccer-team supporters use Hakenkreuze and the Iron Guard Five-Crosses as symbols of toughness and martiality. Those born in Politically Correct areas would be surprised how many Hakenkreuze can be found painted on walls in Bucharest :mrgreen:

~Regards,

Ovidius

PS for the American members: Orthodoxy is a Christian denomination :mrgreen:

Antti V

Post by Antti V » 20 May 2002, 13:19

Just think if Nazis had used instead of swastikas for example 5 point star. Would we live in different world if 5 point star would be connected to a nazism?

HaEn
In memoriam

hakenkruis

Post by HaEn » 21 May 2002, 05:38

To sum it all up, the swastika as as symbol of the SUN, (Sonnenrad) and therefor light and life, was used throughout the ages from China, through Eurasia, and across the Atlantic in the Americas. It still represents the Sun in most cultures of the world, except of course in politically correct western civilizations(sic). Just my two pfennig. HN.

Annelie

re: hakenkruis

Post by Annelie » 21 May 2002, 07:15

The swastika in many ways remind me of a variation of the Greek Key
symbol.
HaEn wrote
It still represents the Sun in most cultures of the world, except of course in politically correct western civilization (sic). Just my two phennig. HN.

Birgitte Heuschkel

Re: re: hakenkruis

Post by Birgitte Heuschkel » 21 May 2002, 11:25

Annelie wrote:The swastika in many ways remind me of a variation of the Greek Key symbol.]
Hmmm, not the Egyptianankh, you mean? A flattened circle like thingy with a stick pointing downwards, being the key to life, the universe, and all that?

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 21 May 2002, 13:10

There are also a few other events that is repeated in many cultures. A fire wagon from above, for example (most likely a meteor crashing down, but yes some people think it's a spaceship :|)

This could indicate that the myths and symbols used have origined before the different cultures separated, which would be quite early.

Christian

Birgitte Heuschkel

Post by Birgitte Heuschkel » 21 May 2002, 13:20

Ferdinand Porsche wrote:This could indicate that the myths and symbols used have origined before the different cultures separated, which would be quite early.
Quite... And I'm still dying to hear what modern Believers feel about the entire concept that we all evolved with dark skin and curly hair in Africa!

Ovidius

Post by Ovidius » 21 May 2002, 15:03

Birgitte Heuschkel wrote:Quite... And I'm still dying to hear what modern Believers feel about the entire concept that we all evolved with dark skin and curly hair in Africa!
To be really wicked: "we" evolved, "they"(Africans) didn't. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

~Ovidius

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 21 May 2002, 15:08

On the other hand, the Neanderthals, who were here first, were whiped out by the Homo Sapiens, so the 'Africans' proved to be stronger (which also corosponds with the results at the olympics, etc. - just remember Hitlers expression in Munich 1936 ;)

The real reason for the change of skin pigment is, that you need to be able to get more vitamin D from the sun, and therefore the skin pigment is more pale...

Christian

Birgitte Heuschkel

Post by Birgitte Heuschkel » 21 May 2002, 15:10

Ferdinand Porsche wrote:On the other hand, the Neanderthals, who were here first, were whiped out by the Homo Sapiens, so the 'Africans' proved to be stronger (which also corosponds with the results at the olympics, etc. - just remember Hitlers expression in Munich 1936 ;)
Weeell, remembering that Homo Sapiens came down from the trees in Africa, whereas the Neanderthals have not been found in such southerly climates... Nevermind me, just going down evil roads of thought wherein Nordic ancestry plays a vital role *duck flee*

harry palmer

Post by harry palmer » 21 May 2002, 15:23

Getting back to the swastika, didn't the Finnish Air Force also adopt this as it's symbol (before Hitler)

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”