Children of leading Nazis

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
drittenreichlieber

Nazi children.

Post by drittenreichlieber » 01 Dec 2007 15:16

The photos of Frau Gudrun, Frl. Edda Göring, Bormann's children, Eichmann's son are really amazing. How all those wartime photos survived the destruction of Germany, I wonder. How were such children of Third Reich personalities treated by the totally denazified Bundes Republik Deutschland? Were they allowed to lead a normal life? Is there any information about this aspect? I understand, for instance, that even the Grave of Frl. Paula Hitler was removed from its original resting place. So I wonder how surviving people would have been treated?
Are their any photos/info abt the children of Keitel, Kesselring, Manstein, Rundstedt and others?

Rich K

Post by Rich K » 03 Dec 2007 20:58

I haad recently read a book about the children of high ranking Nazis, the title I believe, was 'Sins of the Father.'
It gave details of what happened to such people as the children of Martin Bormann, Hans Frank, and Heinrich Himmler.
Not to promote sympathy for the Nazis or their actions, but I found the case of Gudrun Himmler to be the saddest of them all
It is no surprise that she still supports groups such as Stille Hilfe.

ladycplum

Has anyone ever seen

Post by ladycplum » 31 Jan 2008 00:47

Any pictures of Kaltenbrunner's children? I'd be interested to see if any if them got anywhere near his height!

Johnnyrocket
Financial supporter

Re: Children of leading Nazis (renamed from "Nazi children&

Post by Johnnyrocket » 21 May 2008 01:56

Wondering...What is this photo? and who's child is in the crib?

Johnny R. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ahf
Banned

Post by Ahf » 21 May 2008 03:27

Johnnyrocket wrote:Wondering...What is this photo? and who's child is in the crib?

Considering the photo is labeled Carinhall, the name of Göring's estate, and the two chubsters are Göring and his wife Emmy, I would assume the baby in the basket is their daughter, Edda.

Johnnyrocket
Financial supporter

Post by Johnnyrocket » 21 May 2008 13:51

I think you might be right Ahf. such a strange photograph of two very "portly" parents standing over such a little "Edda". It seems sad that these parents at that particular time in world history didn't love their children more than they hated others. Maybe the war would have been avoided—just a momentary thought on my part.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 21 May 2008 17:11

the two chubsters
LMAO at "chubsters". I don't know why, that just really strikes me funny at this point in time.

~ Mike

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 21 May 2008 17:13

Johnnyrocket wrote:It seems sad that these parents at that particular time in world history didn't love their children more than they hated others. Maybe the war would have been avoided—just a momentary thought on my part.

Golda Meir said something very similar about the palestinians. It is a shame that the hatred of some people for others is indeed stronger and more important to them than the lives and welfare of their own children.

As an aside, while stationed with the US Army in Germany after the war, my father actually met Goering's daughter once.

Johnnyrocket
Financial supporter

Post by Johnnyrocket » 21 May 2008 18:04

sylvieK4 wrote:
Johnnyrocket wrote:It seems sad that these parents at that particular time in world history didn't love their children more than they hated others. Maybe the war would have been avoided—just a momentary thought on my part.

Golda Meir said something very similar about the palestinians. It is a shame that the hatred of some people for others is indeed stronger and more important to them than the lives and welfare of their own children.

As an aside, while stationed with the US Army in Germany after the war, my father actually met Goering's daughter once.
Hi SylvieK4,
You are a very astute historian to know this fact. I was wondering if anyone out there would pick up on this famous Meir quote. I to was stationed in Germany with the Army (Wurzberg 1969-71).

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 21 May 2008 20:04

Anyone knows about the children of Theodor Hupfauer?

Halfdan S.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 02 Jul 2008 21:47

An Interview with Albert Speer son the late Albert Speer.
Albert Speer, the son of Hitler's architect, who has years of experience building for China including the planning for two car cities, Antin near Shanghai and Chanchun, took an apolitical stance in the TV magazine Kulturzeit on 24.05.07: "I think of architects in general and our office is particular as service providers. (...) Ideology shouldn't enter into things." In an interview with die Welt, he was more affirmative: "I have made it my business to make sure the Chinese start thinking about the environment, energy provision and energy saving. I believe that over the next ten years there will be a dramatic rise in the demand for German planning know-how for environmentally friendly and energy-efficient cities, building and transport. If we can have some influence here and put a few of our ideas into play, we won't only be doing good business, we will changing more than we could elsewhere, because the effect is so much greater here."
Interesting to note what productive lives some of these children of the Third Reich have.

source http://www.signandsight.com/features/1721.html

at6

Post by at6 » 03 Jul 2008 18:35

julius streicher had, I believe two sons. any idea of their history since the end of the war? any recommendations of books on Streicher? thanks

Ribbentrop

Post by Ribbentrop » 03 Jul 2008 20:09

Has any of you seen Wilhelm Keitel's sons? He had 2 as i know, and they were already grown-ups in the time of the Nazi regime.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 03 Jul 2008 20:44

Keitel's sons?

did a quick search on the net and found at David Irving site
I knew that a daughter had married Field Marshal Werner von Blomberg's son. I located the field-marshal's son Karl-Heinz Keitel. He was living outside Cologne, and I arranged to visit him.

The son had been a lieutenant colonel in the army. He was so delighted that an Englishman -- "the Englishman who wrote the first book about the destruction of Dresden" -- was prepared to go the extra mile and translate the Memoirs of Wilhelm Keitel in full, with all the "incorrect" stuff put back in, that he did four favours for me:
http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:O7y ... =clnk&cd=6

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 03 Jul 2008 23:10

Ribbentrop wrote:Has any of you seen Wilhelm Keitel's sons? He had 2 as i know, and they were already grown-ups in the time of the Nazi regime.
You can read about Keitel's son here:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=52587
The truth is that you're a quiet, sensitive type, but if I'm prepared to take a chance I might just get to know the inner you: witty, adventurous, passionate, loving, loyal, a little bit crazy, a little bit bad, but, hey, don't us girls just love that?

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”