Wilhelm Kube

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
R.M. Schultz

Post by R.M. Schultz » 10 Oct 2004, 06:13

Manstein wrote:Dutch, I know you look upon Kube with less historical harshness for his left-wing stances …
Yeah, I guess you know me pretty well …
Manstein wrote:… Kube was implicated in the killings of non-German Jews. The fact that German Jews were now being exterminated genuinely disturbed this anti-Semite, believing that German Jews were somehow superior to non-German Jews …
I think that the fact that German Jews, especially those with war records (and more Jews died fighting for Germany in the Great War than died fighting for Israel from 1949 – 1974), were being liquidated was the galvanizing event that made him rethink his world-view. After he had come to doubt his anti-Semitism he seems to have tried to do what he could to save whoever he could.
Manstein wrote:Encyclopedia of the Third Reich is not the best at covering the crimes of individual NSDAP members …
Okay, how about Heinz Hoehne's "The Order of the Death's Head: The Story of Hitler's SS"?
Heinz wrote:… one of the Reich’s first Gauleiter had turned into a protector of the Jews …

Himmler was radiant; Kube’s death, he stated, was a blessing to the fatherland.
David Thompson wrote:The mystery of Kube's attitude toward the Jews is documented at …
I think the final consensus we came to on that thread was that Kube was a strange case. He began as an anti-Semite and it is hard to say what he was at the end. Certainly, we cannot categorize him with men such as Himmler or Streicher yet neither is he blameless for what happened in White Russia. He is a flawed man, a tragic figure, far more human than most Nazis.

Erich-SA

Post by Erich-SA » 10 Oct 2004, 06:34

Thanks!
Erich

Manstein

Re:

Post by Manstein » 10 Oct 2004, 08:26

Yes, I have read The Order of the Death's Head by Heinz Höhne. However, I have also read Who's Who in Nazi Germany:
In July 1941, he was appointed General Kommissar of White Russia, in charge of civil administration, and at first he co-operated closely with the SS in exterminating the Jews of Minsk and Belorussia. His report to Hinrich Lohse (q.v.) on 31 July 1942 pointed out with satisfaction that in the previous ten weeks 55,000 Jews had been liquidated. Before 1939 Kube had been a fanatical anti-semite but soon even he would be shocked by the brutal actions of the SS and police commanders against the Jews and the local population in White Russia. In particular, he was frustrated by the transport of Jews from the Reich to the Minsk ghetto, who were being earmarked for extermination. He complained to Heydrich (q.v.), who categorically dismissed his arguments for the exemption of German-speaking Jews from the 'Final Solution'. In a letter to Lohse on 16 December 1941, Kube repeated that 'people who come from our Kulturkreis are quite different from the bestial native hordes.'
I think that the fact that German Jews, especially those with war records (and more Jews died fighting for Germany in the Great War than died fighting for Israel from 1949 – 1974), were being liquidated was the galvanizing event that made him rethink his world-view.
That is true about Kube, that his nationalism was stronger than his anti-Semitism. However, I maintain that he initially had no problem with eliminating non-German Jews and in fact even retained anti-Semitism while objecting to outright genocide. He would've fully cooperated with the "Final Solution" had German Jews been exempted and the methods less violent, as demonstrated by his earlier actions and his complaints to Heydrich. However, I also think there is some truth to the idea that he got sick of the way the SS was eliminating Jews, especially German Jews.

R.M. Schultz

Re:

Post by R.M. Schultz » 10 Oct 2004, 08:36

Manstein wrote:That is true about Kube, that his nationalism was stronger than his anti-Semitism. However, I maintain that he initially had no problem with eliminating non-German Jews and in fact even retained anti-Semitism while objecting to outright genocide. He would've fully cooperated with the "Final Solution" had German Jews been exempted and the methods less violent, as demonstrated by his earlier actions and his complaints to Heydrich. However, I also think there is some truth to the idea that he got sick of the way the SS was eliminating Jews, especially German Jews.
So then I think we are in substantial agreement.

Kube was an anti-Semite, but not fundamentally a racist bent on genocide. He was far more anti-Semitic than Gregor Strasser, for instance, while still being much less anti-Semitic than Heydrich. I think our only real disagreement is that I think Kube was becoming less anti-Semitic as he realized the consequences of such belief, while you think he would have gone along with a less extreme genocide.

Would you accept this characterization?

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Post by Phil Nix » 10 Oct 2004, 10:34

To add to the debate;
Kube wrote to Walter Buch 26.4.1936 stating that Buch as head of the Party Court and a fighter against Jews should remember that his wife was a 'halbjuden' and it is noted that, therefore, his son-in-law had married a woman not of pure aryan descent. The letter was signed "Einige Berliner Juden". The letter was sent because Buch publicly disapproved of Kube keeping a mistress. A full investigation was carried out by Hess' office and Frau Buch was found to be racially pure. Kube was questioned by Hess and he admitted sending the letter. He was dismissed from all posts and was incarcerated in Sachenshausen for a short while and then he served in a Totenkopfsturmbann as Rottenführer ( I do not know which one). It did not help, that the son-in-law was Bormann. Kube was recalled by RFSS 1941 and was recommended to Hitler for duties in the East. He clashed with Alfred Rosenberg over his attitude to the employable Jews
and his attitude towards the White Russians. He appears to have co-operated readily enough with the liquidation of Eastern Jews but he had serious misgivings abouth the treatment of German Jews sent east. He fell out with Dr Eduard Strauch and Anton Burger the security police commanders in his area over the indiscriminate killing of Jews. After Brandt arrested 70 Jews working for Kube, Kube told him that neither he nor the RFSS had the right to meddle in his administration and as a result he intended to end all co-operation with the Police who would not be permitted to enter any of his administration offices. Brandt was shocked and reported the facts directly to RFSS. Kube's dismissal and further incarceration was only avoided by his death.
An anti-semite yes but a realist economically and a left wing Nazi in the Strasser mould
Philmil

AHLF

Post by AHLF » 10 Oct 2004, 14:51

Max History wrote:
AHLF wrote:
Max History wrote:VJK,
An excellent job...thank you.
This information is the same as mine. It was a woman who carried out the assassination. Anyone add any more please?
Max.
I can add that the bomb was planted under the bed exactly on the side of it where Kube was usually sleeping. The bomb itself was quite small and lightweight (Less than one Kilogram if I recall). As a result of the explosion Kube was severely injured and died shortly afterwards (his both legs were torn apart) ,while his wife was only contused by it. Jelena Masanik successfully escaped to the local partisans immediately after planting the bomb.
Hope this helps.
best,

AHLF.
Thanks for this information. Can I have the source please?
Max
Some research article in a russian GPW-related mag. Unfortunatelly it is long time thrown away, so you may consider my info not credible enough...
best,

AHLF.

Manstein

Re:

Post by Manstein » 10 Oct 2004, 22:56

Kube was an anti-Semite, but not fundamentally a racist bent on genocide. He was far more anti-Semitic than Gregor Strasser, for instance, while still being much less anti-Semitic than Heydrich. I think our only real disagreement is that I think Kube was becoming less anti-Semitic as he realized the consequences of such belief, while you think he would have gone along with a less extreme genocide.

Would you accept this characterization?
That is our disagreement, and I still think he remained anti-Semitic and would've cooperated in full with the "Final Solution" if non-German Jews had quietly been spirited away by the SS in an organized and non-bloody fashion. Saving the non-German Jews was a part of his power struggle with the SS.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 22 Nov 2004, 21:52

VeldesX

Kube the Corrupt

Post by VeldesX » 03 Jun 2005, 19:49

I believe it was Peter Padfield who wrote a description of Kube and his "government" as being one of the most corrupt of the whole occupied Europe. Not only did Kube sanction the direct robbery of all valuables for himself and his associates (rather than sending them on to Berlin as per orders) but he had a rotating harem of Byelorussian women. Among those was supposed to be the partisan who became his housemaid and got a chance to plant the bomb. However, in the Soviet account I recently read, the housemaid was part of the regular staff and not described as being one of Kube's harem girls. Is it because a heroine could not be made out of a prostitute, or is it because the first account I am familiar with was not a true story?

G

David W

Post by David W » 30 Nov 2006, 19:28

Alan Clarke claims that it was an anti personnel mine, not a bomb. And that it was in, & not under the bed.

Comments please?

sahalomov

Re: Wilhelm Kube

Post by sahalomov » 21 Jun 2009, 18:38

OPERATION "PUNISHMENT"

On October, 29th, 1943 the chairman of Presidium of the Supreme body of the USSR M.I.Kalinin has signed the Decree about assignment of a rank of the Hero of Soviet Union to Galina (actually - Elena) Grigorevne Mazanik, Marias Borisovne Osipovoj and Nadezhde Viktorovne Trojan. In the night from 21 for August, 22nd they have finished operation in which result in Minsk in own bedroom Hitler's deputy in Belarus гауляйтер Wilhelm Kube has been destroyed. The military scout major Nikolay Fedorov … was the organizer of this difficult and courageous operation

The order № 195

The spring of 1943 in Berlin and in Moscow developed plans of operations which should change considerably conditions on the Soviet-German front. Hitler prepared the next summer approach of the German armies. He wished to seize again the strategic initiative and still dreamt to destroy Moscow. As a direction of the main blow the Kursk ledge which on the length made the little more than 10-12 percent of all line of the Soviet-German front has been chosen. However in this one tenth front the German command planned to concentrate 70 percent of tank, 30 percent motorised and more than 20 percent of infantry divisions of land forces of Germany which were on East front. Force for new blow on Red Army gathered the huge. Group of armies "Centers" the field marshal G.Kljuge, one of the most skilled and true to Hitler of commanders of the third Reich ordered. Actions of armies Kljuge should begin at an o'clock «Ч». When this fatal hour will come, one person - Hitler knew only. Field marshal E. Manshtejn ordering group of armies "South", too prepared the armies subordinated to it for forthcoming fight.
Preparing for summer approach in the east, Hitler has ordered to the deputies in Belarus and in Ukraine to destroy guerrilla groups and to provide an unobstructed transfer of armies to places of forthcoming battles. In Belarus raged гауляйтер to Cuba. In Ukraine - Kokh. Using the unlimited powers conferred to it, they in every possible way aspired to destroy the guerrilla, the Soviet razvedyvatelno-diversionary groups and groups which operated in the Belarus and Ukrainian woods. Terrorising local population, in thousand destroying inhabitants of cities and villages, fascists aspired to intimidate the patriots helping guerrillas.
In Moscow too carefully prepared for summer battles. Military investigation has extracted data on on what direction and what forces fascists planned to take a revenge for defeat under Stalingradom. In the General headquarters Rate perfectly understood that the summer of 1943 becomes a solving boundary of the Great Patriotic War. It was necessary to achieve by all means a victory, to fix success and to go over to the offensive on all front. The important preconditions of the future victory should be created to guerrillas and the razvedyvatelno-diversionary groups of military investigation operating in back of the opponent. On May, 1st, 1943 Supreme commander in chief I.V.Stalin has signed the order at number 195.
In the second point of this order it was told: «to Commanders of all combat arms and общевойсковым to commanders – to become masters of driving of armies, skilfully to organise interaction of all combat arms and to operate them in fight. To study the opponent, to improve investigation – eyes and army ears, to remember that without it it is impossible to hammer the enemy for certain …»
In the fourth point it was specified: «to Guerrillas and guerrillas – to strike powerful blows to enemy backs, means of communication, military warehouses, staffs and the enterprises, to destroy communication lines of the opponent. To involve wide layers of the Soviet population in the areas grasped by the enemy in active emancipating struggle, rescuing thereby the Soviet citizens from stealing in German slavery and from destruction by Hitlerite animals. To revenge ruthlessly German aggressors for blood and tears of our wives and children, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters. In every way to help Red Army with its struggle against mean Hitlerite enslavers …»
After days the order № 195 special has been transferred by a radio communication to commanders of guerrilla connections and razvedyvatelno-diversionary groups who in back of the opponent solved special problems. The chief of Intelligence service GSH of Red Army lieutenant general Ф.Ф supervised over actions of razvedyvatelno-diversionary groups and groups. Smiths.
The order № 195 has been received also by the Special guerrilla brigade which operated in Belarus. In May, 1943 this brigade captain David Kejmah ordered. The military scout major Nikolay Fedorov was assistant Kejmaha on secret-service work.
David Kejmah was born in 1906 in Odessa. In 1933 has ended the Moscow electromechanical institute, worked as the senior engineer of research laboratory of the Main artillery management of Red Army. At the same institute Grigory Linkov worked. Both Kejmah, and Linkov have addressed to a management of institute with the request to direct them on front.
D.Kejmah has been called in Red Army. It would Seem that in the expert in the field of artillery arms command of artillery armies should become interested. It has turned out differently. David Ilich has been recalled to the order of military investigation. It is not excluded that it has been connected with a direction in the order of military investigation of Grigory Linkova.
Линьков had experience of guerrilla struggle which has got in days of Civil war when actively battled against armies of Kolchaka and ataman Dutova. In those fights the red and white protected the truth, Linkov was on the party red, has received two severe wounds, but remained is live.
After Civil war G.Linkov studied in партшколе, on рабфаке, then has ended Military electrotechnical academy and on the eve of an attack of fascist Germany to the USSR worked in scientific research institute of Red Army. In 1941 Grigory Linkov had a military rank the military engineer 2 ranks. In the beginning of July, 1941 it has submitted the official report addressed to the chief of institute with the request to direct it to back of the opponent. But to it it has been refused.
On July, 19th Linkov has again addressed in Central Committee VKP Secretary () with the request to direct it as a part of group of specially prepared 15—20 persons to back of the enemy for guerrilla struggle. In the statement he wrote: «… the decision made by me and my request have been proved by my experience of guerrilla struggle in back of the enemy, got in days of Civil war … I have a wide experience of work with weights, well I know a life and customs of village and I consider that I will accomplish this difficult and responsible problem with credit. And if it is necessary to give a life I prefer to die in 25—30 days in fight, than in 25—30 years to die on bed. To me 42 years, but it is physically healthy and capable to transfer any difficulties. I have the wife, the favourite son but what can be любимей mothers of the Native land?.»
Grigory Linkova's second request has been satisfied. It has been called in army and directed to the order of military investigation. In September, 1941 Grigory Linkova was appointed the commander, and by Kejmaha - the commissioner of prospecting group who should operate in territory of Belarus in back of the opponent.
Выброска reconnaissance group Linkova has passed unsuccessfully. Commandoes and their cargo with arms and a foodstuff have been scattered on extensive territory. Some scouts have been killed by Germans. Despite exclusively difficult conditions and absence of a radio communication with the Center (till March, 1942), successful diversionary operations in deep back of the opponent were possible to organise and spend Linkovu many.
On February, 15th, 1942 the group in which there was D.Kejmah, has returned because of a front line. On it of road Linkova and Kejmaha have dispersed.
In March, 1942 D.Kejmah as a part of reconnaissance group under command of the Hero of Soviet Union major Vasily ShCherbiny has been thrown again in back of the opponent. The group operated in territory of the Belarus occupied by Germans around Lead cities - Molodechno - Minsk - Lepel - Polotsk. Gradually by means of local patriots the reconnaissance group has outgrown in prospecting group.
On September, 24th, 1942 the major V.ShCherbina conducted lesson with scouts whom trained in use of new magnetic mines for fulfilment of diversions. Unexpectedly mine from which Vasily Vasilevich worked, has blown up in his hands … the Commander of group David Kejmah has been appointed. In the centre it had a pseudonym of Dima.
The group continued to carry out of the task of command of military investigation successfully. Fascist trains with military cargoes, staff and combat material flied under a slope, Hitlerite soldiers and officers were destroyed, bridges, the enterprises of military value, repair shops and warehouses blew up. In the Center data on actions of the opponent in a zone of responsibility of a special guerrilla brigade under command of Dimy smoothly arrived.
On May, 8th, 1943 D.Kejmah has obtained from the Center the aforementioned order № 195. Having studied it, Kejmah has invited to itself the assistant to the commander of group on secret-service work of major Nikolay Fedorova. Nikolay Petrovich has arrived one day from the Center earlier. Before departure in back of the opponent has had training special preparation. In Center Fedorovu the pseudonym the Bell has been appropriated.
About what officers in a guerrilla dugout in Rudnensky wood spoke, today already nobody will tell. But undoubtedly it was a question of activization of razvedyvatelno-diversionary work by forces of a brigade. It is not excluded that at that meeting words about necessity of carrying out in Minsk large terrorist operation against Germans who raged not only in the Belarus capital, but also in all cities and villages поверженной, but not broken republic for the first time have sounded. The order № 195 demanded from scouts of more active actions against the enemy.
It is quite possible to assume, what exactly that day the commander of group has charged to the assistant to major Fedorovu who was responsible for the organisation and carrying out of secret-service operations, to study destruction possibilities гауляйтера to Cuba …

It is few variants …

In Minsk in 1943 the group of underground workers which collected data on Germans operated and transferred them in group Kejmaha. It was difficult, dangerous and difficult work. Over group Maria Borisovna Osipov whom Kejmaha in correspondence with the Center was mentioned as the resident Black supervised.
Кеймах has asked the Center to prepare and direct to its group of two radio operators with which it planned suit in Minsk and thus to create conditions for more operative direction to Moscow on channels of a special radio communication of data on the opponent. M.Osipov has spent in Minsk a necessary spadework and was ready to accept in the group of the radio operator. Expecting replenishment from Moscow, Maria Osipov continued to visit guerrilla group Dimy, transferred D.Kejmahu data on fascists, receiving new tasks and recommendations about their performance.
Maria Osipov, it is possible to tell, was David Ilicha's coeval. She was born in 1908 in village Serkovitsy of the Sokolinsky Village Soviet of Tolochinsky area of Vitebsk area. Parents Maria, as well as many other peasants, worked on local стеклозаводе as "Serkovitsy". During Civil war заводик has been destroyed, and Maria in search of earnings has moved in village Dretun where same стеклозавод has remained. It has received the name "Work". At factory the big large bottles were produced. For what purposes, anybody from workers did not know. Maria began to work at the enterprise and has actively joined in a public life small, basically youth collective.
At VI congress of Komsomol of Belarus Maria has got acquainted with Jacob Osipov who soon became her husband. By 1933 Maria already raised two children, studied at the Higher communistic agricultural school, and then – in Minsk legal institute. It was from those representatives of a human race who never stop on reached, greedy reach for new knowledge, using them in the blessing to people.
After the termination of the Minsk legal institute Maria has received a job placement in the Supreme court of Belarus. Daughter Tamara was the schoolgirl, son Jura visited a kindergarten. The family of Osipovyh was very amicable. All has failed in June of forty first...
- On June, 22nd, - Maria Borisovna recollected later, - I have taken out on street to hang out for drying, linen and from the neighbour's loud-speaker similar to a black plate, have heard a voice of Molotova: «... The Enemy has perfidiously attacked our Native land. There are strong fights in Brest …»
Next day Maria has taken away the six-year son in a kindergarten which under the order of the authorities of republic was evacuated in back. The daughter was in pioneer camp and should come back home on Sunday, but was late at relatives in Osipovichah. The husband has received the instruction from a military registration and enlistment office. Maria remained one and has understood that cannot stay idle.
Feodors has prepared group for sending in the Center, has appointed the responsible officer, has sent girls under the strengthened protection in area of guerrilla airdrome and has informed on it in the Center. Unexpectedly from Moscow the urgent instructions have arrived: «the Center – to the Bell. I order to you to head personally sent group of people and to arrive with it to the Center. For itself temporarily leave the suitable assistant. For communication with the Center till the landing moment in the plane take with itself one radio station which after your start will come back to base...»
Active correspondence with the Center proceeded every day.
On October, 10th. The centre – to the Bell: «the Car we give on October, 11th. For landing in the plane you have only 20 minutes. Be prepared».
On October, 13th. A bell – to the Center: «At 22 o'clock on October, 12th the Bell, Black, Galja and Shutsky with a family and from Arthur 5 persons have taken off by the plane for the Center».
So operation on destruction of the executioner of the Belarus people of Wilhelm Kube has come to the end. A result of this operation have brought in Moscow.
In Intelligence service of the Joint Staff of Red Army the accounting document has been made. There is a sense to result it completely.
To the chief of Intelligence service of the Joint Staff of Red Army to lieutenant general Kuznetsovu F.F.
The report
Of the organisation of murder of the Hitlerite general commissioner of Belarus to Cuba
Organizers and executors of operation
Murder to Cuba the commander of diversionno-prospecting group of 2nd department RU GSH KA Fedorov Nikolay Petrovich's major, a pseudonym has organised the Bell.
The main intermediary and the organizer of murder to Cuba was Osipov Maria Borisovna, a pseudonym Black, the resident of the Bell in Minsk.
The second intermediary and связником between Black and Galej was the director of the Minsk German cinema Nikolay Pohlebaev.
The executor of murder to Cuba is Mazanik Elena Grigorevna, a pseudonym of Galja.
Five persons listed above knew about preparation and operation performance.
As operation prepared

Having the Center task on the organisation of destruction of supervising German officials and their servants, the Bell since September, 1st, 1943 has started the organisation of murder to Cuba.
This day the Bell has met the director of a German cinema in Minsk Nikolay Pohlebaevym and has charged to it to acquaint the resident Black with Galej working as the servant in the house to Cuba, and with her sister Olej.
When Black has met Galej Galja, to make sure that deals not with agents-provokers of Gestapo, and with representatives of Red Army, has demanded a meeting with the Bell.
The black has organised a meeting of the Bell with sister Gali – Olej who operated from the full consent of Gali. At a meeting have agreed about operation carrying out on elimination to Cuba by a poisoning but when have established that Galja seldom happens on kitchen, have decided to mine bed Cuba a magnetic mine.
The black has received from the Bell two magnetic mines with
24-clockwork for transfer of their Gale and instructing.
On Friday on September, 17th, 1943 Black has met Galej and has agreed that on Tuesday, on September, 21st, 1943, Black will bring a mine and will consult Galju at it on apartment. On the same apartment have dealt with a question on export of a family of Gali.
On September, 21st, 1943 in 3 o'clock in the morning have charged a mine, to 7 o'clock in the morning have taken out seven Gali, and at ten o'clock 10 minutes Galja has set up a mine in a mattress of a bed to Cuba with calculation that explosion will occur on September, 22nd at 3 o'clock 15 minutes. Black, Galja and Olja have left a city by the car of driver Nikolay working in резидентуре Black.
Murder to Cuba

The magnetic mine put by Galej in a mattress of bed Cuba, has blown up at 3 o'clock 15 minutes of night when the contemptible executioner of the Belarus people slept. The sacred revenge of the Soviet people has come true, and the most mean robber, the tyrant and вешатель the Soviet people has ceased to exist.
This explosion which has broken off in scraps of one of the nearest Hitlerite assistants, has sounded all over the world as a sign on that fascism crash is close that the day of reckoning comes nearer and that any aggressor will not leave from punishment.
After specification by radio of structure and a place of stay of participants of operation on destruction to Cuba they have been taken out by the plane of mark of SI-47 № 822, piloted by the pilot Pokrovsk and navigator Borovym, to Moscow with 11 for October, 12th, 1943.
Over export of participants of operation and members of their families the Bell supervised.
Except staff of crew of the plane the chief of a guerrilla airfield of Bogomolsky area BSSR knew about a start of the Bell with group of women тов. Титков.
The senior assistant to the chief of 2nd department RU GSH KA
Lieutenant colonel Znamensky.
In Moscow

The decree which was signed on October, 29th by the Chairman of Presidium of the Supreme body of the USSR M.I.Kalinin, the rank of the Hero of Soviet Union has been appropriated not only E.G.Mazanik and M.B.Osipovoj, but also Nadezhde Viktorovne Trojan.
When Germany has perfidiously attacked the USSR, Nadezhde Trojan was only nineteen. It helped guerrillas, prisoners of war, stuck leaflets with appeals not to obey the enemy. Fascists had it shadowed. Under instructions of corresponding bodies the Hope has been forwarded to guerrilla group.
N.Trojan took part in a number of operations and has proved to be the courageous and courageous fighter of a brigade which called a brigade of the uncle If. Peter Grigorevich Lopatin supervised over it. It, as well as the commander of the Special guerrilla brigade of Dima, too had the order to destroy to Cuba. Carrying out its order, Nadezhda Trojan through the acquaintances has got acquainted with Elena Mazanik and aspired to involve it in operation on destruction of deputy Hitler in Belarus. Мазаник has disagreed with the offer of Hope of Trojan as has not been assured that that has been connected with guerrillas.
There is a fair question: and what the heroic was made by Nadezhda Trojan? This question was correctly answered with the author of the documentary story «Immortality of a feat» Nikolay Dubrovsky which book left in Minsk in the end of 2004. I would like to result the small citation from this interesting to move: «Nadja Trojan in the twenty two years is awarded the higher award – ranks of the Hero of Soviet Union. Троян the acts and behaviour has cleared at Elena Mazanik aspiration to action, and it has played very important role. And when on Mazanik and her sister Valentine Shutskuju there was a group Black with Nikolay Pohlebaeva's participation, it began to operate more resolutely, and the executioner of the Belarus people Wilhelm Kube has been destroyed». By the way, in the two-volume directory about Heroes of Soviet Union (Voenizdat, 1988) in a curriculum vitae devoted by N.V.Trojan, is not told to Cuba about its participation in destruction, feats sufficed and without it.
When in Moscow it became known about murder to Cuba, role clearing in the organisation of this action of the Narcofloor-mat of state security and Intelligence service of the Joint Staff of Red Army has begun. Each of these organisations had bases to enlist it into the fighting account. The hope of Trojan, probably, was a part of guerrilla group of People's Commissariat of Internal Affairs, Maria Osipov supervised резидентурой the Special guerrilla brigade of Intelligence service GSH of Red Army.
On October, 21st, 1943, after Maria Osipovoj's who have arrived to Moscow meeting, all has cleared up. Official record of the conversation, which detail Maria has remained many years kept a secret. She has told about them only in 1997 to Nikolay Dubrovsky, the author of the book «Immortality of a feat». Maria has insisted on the: «Over us the military unit, where the chief Feodor Fedotovich Kuznetsov supervised».
During conversations, and them, probably, was a little, it was found out that Nadezhda Trojan is valid the first tried to organise through Elena Mazanik murder to Cuba. Later with the same offer, but it is more detailed prepared and thought over, to it through intermediaries Maria Osipov has addressed.
Ф.Ф. Smiths on reception at I.V.Stalin has in detail reported on preparation and carrying out by military scouts of operation on destruction on Cuba, has shown to the Supreme commander in chief M.Osipovoj's photo.
Stalin has attentively listened to the message of Kuznetsova, has read the report on the performed operation, prepared in management of military investigation, has looked Maria Osipovoj's photo and has told that she deserves a rank of the Hero of Soviet Union. Having caused the assistant Poskrebysheva, he has disposed to leave on Presidium of the Supreme body with the project of the corresponding decree.
When all circumstances of operation "Punishment" have cleared up, M.B.Osipovoj, E.G.Mazanik (it in the decree is wrongly named by Galina) and N.V.Trojan had been appropriated a rank of the Hero of Soviet Union. This very day M.I.Kalinin has signed the second Decree of Presidium of the Supreme body of the USSR. This decree the military scout Fedorov Nikolay Petrovich and Shutsky Valentine Grigorevna's major have been awarded by Lenin's awards.
When Maria Osipov was in Moscow, to it have helped to find for son Juru evacuated from Belarus in 1941. The meeting was joyful, but short. The most part of Belarus has been still occupied by fascists. Maria new affairs … waited
After the end of war Heroes of Soviet Union Maria Borisovna Osipov and Elena Grigorevna Mazanik lived in Belarus, actively were engaged in public work.
Colonel general Ф.Ф. Smiths were visited once by Minsk, has found for Maria Borisovnu Osipov who headed in the Supreme body of republic department under the pardon. The meeting was warm and joyful. Maria Borisovna has taken an interest in destiny of the former commander – major Fedorova. Smiths has informed that Nikolay Petrovich, unfortunately, was lost in 1944 in Poland at performance of the next task of command of military investigation. For a feat made on the Polish earth, to it the rank of the Hero of Soviet Union (posthumously) is appropriated. His wife Olga Fedorovna with the son lived in Moscow, in Malakhovka, in the street a name of the Hero of Soviet Union N.P.Fedorova.

sahalomov

Post by sahalomov » 21 Jun 2009, 18:52

The chief of the Ukrainian staff of guerrilla movement of Strokach in museums of Minsk розказывает to veterans of war as has been destroyed to Cuba
Here it also is well-known "a magnetic mine" with which illiterate writers of detectives and insurgents allocate with mysterious and awful abilities. Actually magnetic name mine which are kept on undermined object by means of magnets. And anything more.

Mine МПМ has been developed in department of well-known Soviet saboteur Sudoplatova (4 department of People's Commissariat of Internal Affairs - of diversion in back of the opponent) by colonel Epovym still in the late thirties for application by guerrillas. A mine extremely simple, cheap. And as a matter of fact it is simply trotyl draught of slightly non-standard weight - 300 gramme instead of 200. The nest for a detonator also idle time and it there is simply inserted and kept on a place by a lamellar spring. Instead of a special detonator it is possible to insert обычнейшие МУВ, ВПФ or even an incendiary tube. The width of a mine has been chosen proceeding from height of a rack of a rail. Magnets provide reliable deduction of a mine on a rail. However the mine was in a greater degree used not as a charge for damage a Ry rail, and as the diversionary.

This mine the guerrilla had been killed in own bed in Minsk German гауляйтер Belarus to Cuba

Objective mine МПМ (small sticking mine)
Small sticking mine МПМ belongs to the class of objective mines and is intended for damage or deducing out of operation the mobile and stationary objects having metal parts. Defeat is put to object at the expense of force of explosion of charge ВВ having weight nearby 300 гр. Trotyl or ВВ type ТГ-50, ТГА, МС.

Basically, a mine not armour objects (capacities, pipelines, electroarmature, hydroarmature, запорные devices, armoured troop-carriers, БМП, planes, helicopters are surprised.

Mine fastening on undermined object is made at the expense of four magnets fixed on a flat part of a mine.

In drawing the mine kind from below is shown. Two of four magnets (black colour) are well visible.

Mine explosion occurs after the set term of delay of a detonator of the slowed down action of types ВЗД-1м, ВЗД-3м to fuse МД-5М. Delay time is defined by mark металлоэлемента, established by the miner in a detonator beforehand. After mine installation on object, the miner pulls out safety to the check and the wire eyelet подпружиненного the drummer starts to cut slowly металлоэлемент. After перезания металлоэлемента, the released drummer pins a cap of a detonator and there is a mine explosion.

In drawing the mine, with the detonator inserted into it on the right is shown.

The mine has no gauges of the purpose. No elements неизвлекаемости and self-liquidations has.

The mine is intended for use in the diversionary purposes for destruction of capacities of small capacity with fuel, damages of railway constructions and a rolling stock, planes and helicopters and other objects.

Term of fighting work of a mine is defined by time of delay of a detonator. Basically detonators of the slowed down action of type ВЗД-3М, delays having time from 15 minutes till 360 o'clock or ВЗД-6Ч, delays having time from from 15 mines till 6 o'clock are applied.

Mine taktiko-technical characteristics
Mine type … … … … … … … … … … … … …....... The objective demolition
The case … … … … … … … … … … … … … …........ Plastic.
Weight … … … … … … … … … … … … … ….... …. 770 гр.
Weight взр.вещества (trotyl, ТГА, МС) …...... About 300
Dimensions … … … … … … … … … … … … …... ….15х7.5х5 see
Temperature range of application ….......-30 - +50 hailstones.

Inherently it is simply blasting low-power charge of CENTURIES its Mine does only a detonator, and magnets only fast way of fastening on object. Application as diversionary against capacities of small capacity (to 1 cubic), petrol tanks of cars, transformer cases, electrocables and communication cables, for acts of terrorism is the most effective. Application against Ry tanks is inexpedient, since capacity of a charge has not enough to punch a tank wall in its bottom part.

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 27 Oct 2009, 18:03

I have only just seen this latest post and must apologise for my delayed message of thanks for the detailed information. I am particularly interested in Kube, especially the details of his policy towards the Jews, his dealings with the SS and his assassination. I wonder if there exists a police report on the assassination?
Max.

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 20 Jul 2011, 12:57

Does anyone know the location / address of Kube's residence where he was assassinated please? Does it still exist and are there any photos?
Thanks,
Max.

A pre-war portrait of Kube's assassin.
Attachments
Kube assassin.jpg
Kube assassin.jpg (35.43 KiB) Viewed 2434 times

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”