a million dollar question

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Smert-Fashistam

a million dollar question

Post by Smert-Fashistam » 22 Aug 2002, 23:50

so how and when did Hitler die, all that uncertainty, false info and speculations surrounding his demise makes it unclear. although official version is that he commited a suicide in german bunker on may 1945 killing his wife, kids and dogs, doesnt have eye-witness accounts. And the no body was never officially proclaimed as his : Soviets and Germans planted fake Hitler's corpses for their reasons in and around berlin, I belived total of 3 resembling him were found by soviets. then his skull turned up, but it appeared to be not genuine. so what is your opinion on this subject?

Schmauser

Re: a million dollar question

Post by Schmauser » 22 Aug 2002, 23:56

Smert-Fashistam wrote:killing his wife, kids and dogs
Kids! thats a new one!

anyways, I think Hitler committed suicide at around about 3:30 on the 29th April 1945, by shooting himself in the head with his Walther PPK. I think his remains were eventually found by the russians, taken back to russia, and that's were they are now. (Although I heard his temporary russian grave was ravaged by animals!)

~Regards Schmauser

ZeitGeist

Post by ZeitGeist » 23 Aug 2002, 14:29

My opinion is that Hitler is probably dead nowadays :lol: :lol:

he was very ill due to syphillis -i guess- at the end of his life,
and his doctor wasn't helpful ...

varjag
In memoriam

Hitlers death

Post by varjag » 23 Aug 2002, 14:36

Before we get too carried away - he didn't die in 'May-45' or 29.4 - the actual date was 30.4.45 and irrespective of all the hooplah since,he was very DEAD by 3.30 that afternoon.

Rob S.

Post by Rob S. » 23 Aug 2002, 14:44

Did you guys hear the one about how Hitler flew to Brazil and the pope gave him a new name to live under? Apparently the führer lived to 1997 or so in Brazil before he died. Apparently they've been able tell people thousands of German veterans went to his funeral.

T.R.Searle

Re: a million dollar question

Post by T.R.Searle » 23 Aug 2002, 14:51

Schmauser wrote:
Smert-Fashistam wrote:killing his wife, kids and dogs
Kids! thats a new one!

anyways, I think Hitler committed suicide at around about 3:30 on the 29th April 1945, by shooting himself in the head with his Walther PPK. I think his remains were eventually found by the russians, taken back to russia, and that's were they are now. (Although I heard his temporary russian grave was ravaged by animals!)

~Regards Schmauser
There were whitnesses that testified after the war such as Hitlers shofer Erik Kempka said that he shot himself with a heavy revolver not a PPK which I always thought he shot himself with aswell.

T.R.Searle :)

Scott Smith

Just FYI...

Post by Scott Smith » 23 Aug 2002, 15:16

We have the Führer's brain in cryonic preservation here in Scottsdale.
:aliengray

CLICK! Image

Smert-Fashistam

Post by Smert-Fashistam » 24 Aug 2002, 02:58

seriosly, is there some kind of proof of that event - i.e. pictures, first-hand eyewitness accounts - can you give me links for these?

Geli

Post by Geli » 24 Aug 2002, 05:21

Hi, Smert. Check out The Bunker by James P. O'Donnell.

Hitler and Eva were alone when they died, but several witnesses were waiting right near by.

The six children who were poisoned were not Hitler's. They were the children of Joseph and Magda Goebbels. Here are their names and ages on the day they died:
Helga (age 12)
Hilde (age 11)
Helmut (age 9)
Holde (age 8 )
Hedda (age 6)
Heide (age 4)

kobold

Re: Just FYI...

Post by kobold » 24 Aug 2002, 12:22

Scott Smith wrote:We have the Führer's brain in cryonic preservation here in Scottsdale.
:aliengray

CLICK! Image

I recall reading a novel some years ago in which hitler's brain had been transplanted into the body of a woman - some fanatically loyal countess.

hehe.

Dave

Gwynn Compton

Post by Gwynn Compton » 24 Aug 2002, 12:42

The six children who were poisoned were not Hitler's. They were the children of Joseph and Magda Goebbels. Here are their names and ages on the day they died:
Helga (age 12)
Hilde (age 11)
Helmut (age 9)
Holde (age 8 )
Hedda (age 6)
Heide (age 4)
All their names start with "H"... thats just plain spooky...

Durand

Post by Durand » 24 Aug 2002, 15:42

Hallo All,

I am also of the opinion that Hitler committed suicide in the Führer Bunker in Berlin. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned the title The Bunker by James O'Donnell. I also suggest The Last Days of Hitler by Hugh Trevor-Roper and Die Letzten Tage mit Adolf Hitler by Erich Kempka.

Being a person who enjoys a good mystery, the question of what happened to the bodies of Adolf and Eva Hitler has become more interesting to me than how he died or whether he died in Berlin (I am satisified that he died by a pistol shot to the head in Berlin-- could be a theme for a new version of Clue, the popular boardgame). I have read, but no longer recall titles or authors of the accounts, that the Hitlers' remains were buried at several undisclosed locations in East Germany by the KGB or it's forerunners. In 1970, the bodies were hastily exhumed yet again due planned construction on the final burial site near Madgeburg. Yuri Andropov, then KGB Chief, ordered the remains to be cremated and dumped in a river.

However, in Hitler 1936-1945: Nemesis by Ian Kershaw, the author indicates that after the Hitlers' bodies were burnt with petrol the remains were mixed with those of other unidentified bodies in one of the many shell craters in the vicinity of the Bunker. Subsequent to the hasty burial, an intense artillery bombardment hit the burial site and scattered human remains in the area of the Chancellery.

Apparently the Soviets found enough to identify Hitler -- part of a jaw bone and a dental bridge. It also seems that they found part of his scull. Two or three years ago, there was a picture of a fragment of skull and some teeth. The blurb attached to the photo reflected that the skull and teeth were those of A. Hitler, they had been kept by the Soviet government, and now the Russian government planned to put them on display in a special exhibit. So, what happened to the bodies? An insignificant mystery, but fun.

Earlier someone also made reference to Hitler having syphillis. In Kershaw's book it is reported that medical tests in 1940 indicated that Hitler had never had the disease. On the other hand, I've read in passing somewhere that Hitler suffered from Parkinson's disease which had been diagnosed in 1942 or 1943. The people who saw Hitler trembling or make quirky movements after 20.07.44 were not the result of the explosion, but the effects of the Parkinson's.

For anyone interested in fiction regarding Hitler's fate, you may enjoy The Berkut by Joseph Heywood and The Trial of Adolf Hitler by Phillipe van Rindt.

Regards,

J.D.

Geli

Post by Geli » 25 Aug 2002, 00:20

Gwynn Compton wrote:All their names start with "H"... thats just plain spooky...
This pattern was begun by Magda's first husband, Gunther Quandt. He had two sons by his first wife, and the boys' names were Hellmuth and Herbert. Magda was Gunther Quandt's second wife; together they had a son named Harold. Magda divorced Gunther Quandt, later marrying Dr. Goebbels. She kept the tradition of "H" names, but there doesn't seem to be any meaning to it, other than a whimsical preference for the letter.

My sources: Goebbels by Helmut Heiber and Magda Goebbels: First Lady of the Third Reich by Hans-Otto Meissner.

Someone mentioned the book by Erich Kempka...was there an English translation, or was the book only published in German?

HaEn
In memoriam

berkut

Post by HaEn » 25 Aug 2002, 05:18

>>>For anyone interested in fiction regarding Hitler's fate, you may enjoy The Berkut by Joseph Heywood and The Trial of Adolf Hitler by Phillipe van Rindt. <<<
I read, and have both of the books, interesting, aren't they. ?!
Specially Berkut. HN.

Richard Miller

Re: berkut

Post by Richard Miller » 25 Aug 2002, 06:27

HaEn wrote:>>>For anyone interested in fiction regarding Hitler's fate, you may enjoy The Berkut by Joseph Heywood and The Trial of Adolf Hitler by Phillipe van Rindt. <<<
I read, and have both of the books, interesting, aren't they. ?!
Specially Berkut. HN.
Speaking of Hitler fiction,
I recall reading a book several years ago which I thought was called the "Sixth Level" or something similar.

The story revolves around a reporter's discovery of Eva Braun in 1990's Germany. Ultimately it uncovered of a hidden section of the Bunker where Hitler lived out life to an old age.
Truly fascinating.

Not sure about the name though.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”