Did Hitler or Himmler ever kill anybody themselves ?

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Walter Schellenberg

Did Hitler or Himmler ever kill anybody themselves ?

Post by Walter Schellenberg » 27 Aug 2002 04:19

with a gun or esle ?

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » 27 Aug 2002 04:44

well, Hitler fought in WWI so I would guess he may have killed someone but I don't know for sure...

as for the chicken farmer, I highly doubt it, due to the fact that he barfed while witnessing one the mass executions by his SS boys.

Hitler killed himself - does that count? };>

Logan Hartke

Post by Logan Hartke » 27 Aug 2002 04:45

Hitler was a runner in WWI. He didn't kill anyone (other than his dog, and Eva) with his own hands.

Logan Hartke

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » 27 Aug 2002 04:51

I knew he was a runner/courier in WWI, but I've never seen anything documented that he for sure did NOT kill anyone though - do you know this for sure or are you assuming this due to his position?

good point about Eva and the dogs - forgot about them!

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » 27 Aug 2002 04:53

Actually though, didn't Eva kill herself?

Walter Schellenberg

Post by Walter Schellenberg » 27 Aug 2002 04:55

If i am not mistaken Eva Braun committed suicide herself.

hitler was only at her side.

He gave poison to the dogs.

But did he ever shot at anyone as a fuhrer ? (personnnaly kill a subrdinate or else) ?

Did stalin ever kill anyone himself (outside war circumstances) ?

Der Schwarze Ritter

Post by Der Schwarze Ritter » 27 Aug 2002 04:57

Hitler must have killed someone, I believe he earned the Iron Cross for bravery.

-Daniel-

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » 27 Aug 2002 05:00

I'm pretty sure Hitler never killed anyone himself while holding office.

i would guess the same for Stalin. no need to get your hands dirty when you've got others who will do it for you!

Kaiser

Post by Kaiser » 27 Aug 2002 05:04

I don't think you have to kill someone to get the Iron Cross though - saving a fellow soliders life, holding a position while greatly outnumbered, ect I think could get you one too...

Hitler was giving those things out like candy to the poor souls who were stuck in Stalingrad in Jan/Feb '43...

Logan Hartke

Post by Logan Hartke » 27 Aug 2002 05:06

Der Schwarze Ritter wrote:Hitler must have killed someone, I believe he earned the Iron Cross for bravery.

That was because he braved enemy fire to still carry out his mission, I believe. Oh, and by the way, this site should prove that you don't have to kill anyone to get a medal; all you have to do is carry out your mission and deliver your message...
http://cedarvalley.virtualave.net/articles/wartimebirds/warbirds.htm

As for Eva, my point is that he gave her the poison to take.

Logan Hartke

Jeff O

Post by Jeff O » 27 Aug 2002 09:16

"Hitler was twice decorated for bravery. In December1914 he was awarded the Iron Cross, Second Class, and in August 1918 he recieved the Iron Cross, First Class, which was rarely given to a common soldier in the old Imperial Army. One comrade in his unit testified that he won the coveted decoration for having captured fifteen Englishmen singlehanded; another said it was Frenchmen. The official history of the List Regiment contains no word of any such exploit; it is silent about individual feats of many members who recieved decorations. Whatever the reason, there is not doubt that Corporal Hitler earned the Iron Cross, First Class. He wore it proudly to the end of his life."
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer (p.30 par.2)

Hitler or Himmler are rumoured to have killed Hitlers niece, Geli Raubal.
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer (p. 132)

However there is no evidence that either of them killed anyone.

Harri

Post by Harri » 27 Aug 2002 10:52

About Himmler:
Finnish-born masseur (also Dr.) Felix Kersten has stated in his book ("As Himmler's Personal Physician") that Himmler was actually a very sensitive man. When Himmler inspected concentration camps in 1942 (IIRC) he almost fainted while watching special execution arranged for his visit. Kersten's book is not very reliable in details but it may be true that Himmler really suffered from bad conscience. I think that kind of a man couldn't kill anyone else personally.

Btw. Was Himmler in WW I and what was his rank?

tyskaorden

Post by tyskaorden » 27 Aug 2002 11:00

No Himmler didn't serve at the front in WW 1. He was in the Army as a Fahnenjunker (Officer aspirant) i think, but the war ended before he was sent to the front.

Best regards,
Marcus Karlsson

T.R.Searle

Post by T.R.Searle » 27 Aug 2002 13:20

as for the chicken farmer, I highly doubt it, due to the fact that he barfed while witnessing one the mass executions by his SS boys

8O He cant take what he helped to orchistrate,I wonder what the men around him thought. And what he thought about mass murder after he saw that.

T.R.Searle :)

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 27 Aug 2002 20:22

Stalin killed people during his younger days as a revolutionary. He was more of a terrorist and bankrobber then revolutionary. Anything is allowed for the revolution, including killing your own by the millions.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”