Hitler'S Golden Party Badge...Fact or...

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
tobstein

Post by tobstein » 20 May 2005, 23:26

I really hope that someone in this forum knows the collector and can provide us with a picture of the flag...actually I have no hope to see a picture of the flag...but who knows...

tobstein

jv
In memoriam

Hitler's golden Party Badge

Post by jv » 22 May 2005, 07:02

Hi guys, look no further. I have found a picture of the flag and the collector! jv
Attachments
Blood Flag.jpg
Blood Flag.jpg (33.86 KiB) Viewed 4290 times

tobstein

Post by tobstein » 22 May 2005, 11:13

Äh...back to Hitler's Party Badge...I tried to think about all what happened and I came to the conclusion that Hitler's Party Badge was destroyed.

Remember: he gave the badge to Magda Goebbels...she wore the badge on her clothes...after Goebbels shot Magda and himself their bodies were burned.

I believe that nobody (no german) took the badge away from the dead Magda, so the badge must be destroyed when her body burned. The badge couldn't stand the fire...parts of the badge are made from enamel.
I think that any collector who says that he has the original badge is a lier.

What do you think???

tobstein

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 22 May 2005, 12:25

With permission of the Reichsschatzmeister, people who held the Golden Party Badge were allowed to order additions or replacements of both sizes. Schwarz kept a tight rein on the production of extra badges, as can be seen by surviving correspondence in NSDAP files. However, I cannot believe that Hitler possessed just one example, so it is highly probable that some of his badges survived.
Max.

tobstein

Post by tobstein » 22 May 2005, 15:40

OK...you're right...if there was more than just one...

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 22 May 2005, 20:10

Hitler's charred large Golden Party Badge was found on Magda Goebbels' body and was stated as such on the Soviet autopsy report. The badge today rests in a cardboard box in Moscow.

Mark Costa

PS --- Hitler's small civilian GPB was presented to Ilsa Hess at a state dinner in the late 1930's and was owned at one time by the late Ben Schwerigen. He displayed it several times at MAX shows in Pittsburgh.

reichpilot

Post by reichpilot » 23 May 2005, 13:17

I wish Moscow would display all these things, or send them back to Germany to be displayed. History should not be sitting on some shelf in a cardboard box. It should be for all to see. Maybe if more people saw more things, both good and bad, things might be different today. Somehow I doubt it though. Maybe if people and LEADERS would actually LEARN something from history, things would be better as well!

Being Hitler items weren't documented when found, who knows who has what anymore. War booty back then. Priceless now.

Don

reichpilot

Post by reichpilot » 23 May 2005, 13:25

Was the Blood Flag the one carried in the Putsch, and if so, did it have spatter blood to be called such?

Don

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 23 May 2005, 13:42

The Blood Flag was carried by Heinrich Trambauer that day and when the shooting started and everyone hit the ground, Andreas Baureidl fell on the flag and its his blood that stained it. Baureidl died of course --hence its name the Blood Flag.

Mark Costa

tobstein

Post by tobstein » 23 May 2005, 13:42

Yeah...you're right! That's the BLOOD FLAG.

I believe nearly ev'rybody likes to see all those stuff. But to be honest...who really knows what is real andf what is fake?

There are thousands of internet dealers where you can buy all kinds of war and third reich stuff. but what is real and what is just a fake???? who knows???

tobstein

Archipelego

Post by Archipelego » 22 Jul 2005, 15:26

On the subject of hitlers party badge. I saw a party badge which was stated as belonging to hitler listed on the hermans historica auction site. It is listed in auction 47 and this is the text with the listing

Adolf Hitler

his golden party badge
His personal badge in a special version of gold and enamel. The inscription on the medallion as well in gold in contrary to the silver inscriptions on a normal Golden Party Badge. On the reverse side engraved the number "7" and the facsimile signature "Adolf Hitler" along with the stamped hallmark "750". On a threaded pin with a small, toothed, screw disk. Diameter: 31 mm. In a case with blue velvet lining.
There is also a pictured certificate of August 9/10 1973 with a handwritten declaration of authenticity by Heinz Linge (Head of Adolf Hitler's personal servants) and Heinrich Hoffmann (Reichs Press Photographer for the NSDAP and Hitler's personal photographer). They swear on oath that this is the party insignia that "was made for the Führer sometime around 1937, and which he wore until 1945".
In 1973, the German "Spiegel" reporter Gerd Heidemann (tragically famous for his involvement in the affair about Hitler's diaries) could aquire this Party Badge for his outstanding personal collection directly from Heinz Linge. The certificate was then made in Linge's house in Hamburg, resp. in the office of the Heinrich Hoffmann archive. Around 1980, Gerd Heidemann sold this Party Badge to Arndt von Bohlen und Halbach. In his posssession the medallion must once have been refixed, as it is now in a slightly different position as it was in 1973.
Literature: Klaus D. Patzwall, "Das Goldene Parteiabzeichen", (The Golden Party Badge) Norderstedt 2004, page 45 with colour illustrations and page 51 f. According to the testimony of those present, Magda Goebbels received this party badge as a personal gift in the evening of 27 April 1945, (three days before Hitler's suicide).

It sold for 65000 euro's

ErichS

Post by ErichS » 23 Jul 2005, 00:26

From what i read most thought this badge to be a fake. Hitlers Party # was 1.

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 23 Jul 2005, 01:36

Who ever paid the 65000 euros got taken. Hitler's GPB was numbered # 1. He was NOT # 7 and this has been discussed on several occasions within this forum. Well I can tell you that the badge taken from Magda Goebbels charred body still exists in Moscow and the back states #1. So whatever is stated above in Patzwall is sheer fantasy.

Mark Costa

Archipelego

Post by Archipelego » 26 Jul 2005, 21:26

Could anyone tell me where abouts the discussion is on the part badge been a fake. Ive done a search on hermans historica - etc but found nothing.

Also, does anyone know if the purchaser knew/knows it isnt what they thing it is?

Potsdamerplatz

Post by Potsdamerplatz » 21 Sep 2007, 22:58

Hitler's Golden Party badge was indeed kept in the Moscow archives and was stolen in November 2005 whilst on public display:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0% ... %2C00.html

Kind regards.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”