Hitler Almost Killed in Budapest?

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Kaiser

Hitler Almost Killed in Budapest?

Post by Kaiser » 27 Sep 2002, 03:52

When I was visiting Budapest about 9 years ago some Hungarian friends of mine were showing me actual bullet holes in the walls of the castle downtown (sorry I forget the name). The story behind the bullet holes was that Hitler was visiting Budapest when a Russian group suddenly broke though the lines and charged into the city. They did not know that Hitler was in the castle I believe, but the troops there fought furiously in order to get Hitler out safely. Now, I think that when the Russians were getting that close Hitler didn't venture out of Germany anymore, but is there any truth to this? Or maybe someone else important was there that had to be taken out quickly? I saw the bullet holes first hand, so it sure makes for a good story none the less!

Cheers,
K

Matt Gibbs

Hmm

Post by Matt Gibbs » 27 Sep 2002, 12:02

I am not sure Hitler ever went to visit Budapest. The fighting in the central square didn't last long and as far as I recall was when the Hungarians were going to surrender to the allies and the germans took over the government... I will have to go and do some re-reading to recall it to mind!
Regards
Matt Gibbs

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 27 Sep 2002, 13:16

Never Happened !!!!! Great Story but just that !!!

Csaba Becze

Post by Csaba Becze » 28 Sep 2002, 10:26

I am afraid, that this is just a tale.
BTW, Hitler was in Budapest (when he was young).

sylvieK4

Post by sylvieK4 » 28 Sep 2002, 17:19

When did Hitler visit Budapest. You mentioned "when he was young", but when and under what circumstances/ what occasion brought him there?

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”