Hitler's double?

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Ezboard

Hitler's double?

Post by Ezboard » 29 Sep 2002, 15:24

Eric
Unregistered User
(10/20/00 4:34:21 pm)
Reply Hitler's double?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did Hitler have a double?
A friend of mine said Churchill had one and I wonder if Hitler had one?

Henrik Krog
(10/20/00 7:45:33 pm)
Reply Re: Hitler's double?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hitler had three doubles, all looking like him, and one even capable of holding short public speeches in his place. I have this from the book "I was Hitlers maid".

Henrik

Panzerman
Unregistered User
(10/21/00 6:43:23 pm)
Reply Hitler's double?
What happened to them?

Panzerman

Griff
Unregistered User
(10/21/00 7:44:18 pm)
Reply Dopplegangers
The Russians found at least one AH look-alike after the battle of Berlin in a cistern with a bullet in his head. I don't think anyone ever found out who he was.
I saw another photo of a look alike (1945) being questioned by allied soldiers.
Both guys looked exactly like AH, down to the Charlie-Chaplin moustache!
Check out books concerning what is called "The Survival Myth" for more fun & wacky tales!

David E M
Unregistered User
(10/23/00 9:22:20 am)
Reply Survival Myth
This is quite well detailed in 'Hitler - The Survival Myth' Donald M McKale isbn 0-8128-2724-4 Quite a good read with some of the more 'Wacky' stories discussed. Cheers.

Marcus Wendel
ezOP
(10/23/00 10:15:06 am)
Reply Re: Survival Myth
David,

Can you tell me more about that book? It sound entertaining!

/Marcus

David E M
Unregistered User
(10/24/00 6:06:02 am)
Reply Survival myth
Hello Marcus, The book was published in 1981 and covers most of the survival theories. It even has
The photo Griff mentioned, it goes into detail about Hitlers escape to Spain, Japan, Argentina and
(my favorite) Antarctica !. - A quote.
" Where did the Fuehrer go? - asked the Police Gazette. He had sailed past South America to the Antarctic, where, the magazine maintained, the Germans had been busy since 1938 constructing a 'New Berchtesgaden' for their beloved fuehrer. The Gazette and its counterparts in Europe and Latin America based their fantasy on a German South Pole expedition in 1938 and 1939, which had allegedly been ordered by Hitler and Goering" - Having been to Antarctica myself - I dont think so!.
Another book which has a very convincing 'Alternate Scenario' is 'Inside Adolf' by F.C. McKenzie isbn 0-646-12604-0 (1993) It has lots of very strange "facts" in it , but the author does not quote sources . I was going to give an example but space does not permit. Let me know if you want a scan of the photo. cheers, David .

Goggi
(10/25/00 12:46:41 am)
Reply Hitler's Double
Since we are talking here about the backstage literature, perhaps I can draw the attention to a book titled "Hitler's Secret Life" by Glenn B. Infield, Day Books, New York 1979 (ISBN 0 - 8128 - 70 - 2 ). A convinced Historian will, most likely, detest it, but there
are lots of little details in this book which are really entertaining and interesting. Besides, the author offers a reference list 10 pages long, therefore, not all can be invented. The author was also permitted to draw from the papers of the late Michael. A. Musmanno who had interviews with about 200 Nazi insiders just after the war during his job as government official. There is also a very interesting chapter about Princess Stephanie- Hohenlohe von Waldenburg-Schillingsfuerst, who was a strong believer in Hitler and was called his private spy! Besides she was half-jewish and Hitler knew it. She died unexpectedly during an operation June 1972.

Marcus Wendel
ezOP
(10/25/00 12:02:06 pm)
Reply Re: Survival myth
David,

A scan of the photo would be nice, thanks.

Could you tell us more about "Inside Adolf"?

btw. I don't understand what you mean about the space. If you write more than can fit in the edit-window it will expand.

/Marcus

Marcus Wendel
ezOP
(10/25/00 12:03:02 pm)
Reply Re: Hitler's Double
Goggi,

What kind of material is presented in "Hitler's Secret Life"?

/Marcus

Goggi
(10/26/00 3:07:36 am)
Reply Hitler's Double

Marcus,
This book has 19 chapters and 317 pages and is dealing with a lot of little things which are not shaking the world, but supply details. How can I possibly sum it up? There is chapter 11 "Eva:The secret Mistress"and it has some spicy details which she supposedly told Skorzeny as he told her what Hitler recommended to him. Besides she was smoking what Hitler detested.
You get acquainted with a lot of people who were always out of the limelight like his private secretarary, Traudl Junge, and the Housekeeper of the Berghof, Margaret Mittelstrasse. By the way, Hitler liked it cool in his office in Berlin and Frau Junge was always half frozen when she was released from her duties. She needed immediately some hot tea and staff officers needed for rewarming a "Schnapps". --Frau Gerda Bormann, Martin Bormann's wife, was overjoyed that he kept a mistress. She pleaded with the "Bull" as she called her husband to impregnate the mistress, too. She herself had already ten children from him!--- There are lots of readable details, some certainly covered by other books, some not. Since the book is a pocket book, the print is very small and I do not know, how it will come out if I scan a chapter and send it to you by Internet, but I will try it coming Saturday. By the way, the book does not mention any Hitler Double!
Goggi

Marcus Wendel
ezOP
(10/26/00 9:18:27 am)
Reply Re: Hitler's Double
Goggi,

Thanks. It sounds like an interesting post.

/Marcus

David E M
Unregistered User
(10/26/00 9:56:26 am)
Reply Inside Adolf.
This book is almost 700 pages long (in its hard copy) the quote I mentioned follows (by the way Marcus - sorry i just didnt think to try a longer post last time).
This is About Hitler in Spain.
"There is however no shortage of circumstantial evidence; coincidence which defies reasoning; inexplicable incidents which lend their weight to the theory that Hitler found sanctuary in the home of his Spanish friend.

(A) In may of 1945 Franco had the eastern wing of his home equipped with a separate kitchen and sealed off from the rest of the building.

(B) All of the staff assigned to the newly separated wing were fluent in the German tongue.

(C) a section of the garden adjacent to this wing was surrounded by a high stone wall with no external entry points.

(D) Otto Scorzeny, the ex-commando who was one of Hitlers closest and most loyal friends lived in Madrid after the war and is known to have regularly visited Franco's home until late in 1947. No explanation for his visits has ever been forthcoming. Neither can one discover why these visits ceased at the end of October 1947.

(E)A carton of Dr Koster'n Anti Gas Pills was delivered to Franco's home every month from June 1945 until the end of 1947. As you will have learned when you read the chapter of this book which deals with Hitler's medical condition, the Fuehrer of Germany relied on this particular medication to control a flatulance problem from which he suffered for almost twenty years".

The Author then goes on to state that a person was buried in November 1947 under the name 'Adi Lupus' and concludes.

"......Is it no more than co-incidence that the name 'Lupus' is the Latin translation of the word 'Wolf'? Is it similarly coincidental that the christian name of 'Adi' is the form of address used by Eva Braun when she was speaking privately to her lover?"

Again I have to say the Author quotes no sources but the book is full of interesting things like this and it is quite readable.

I will try to post the photo I mentioned under this post - hope it works.

cheers David.

David E M
Unregistered User
(10/26/00 10:13:24 am)
Reply Adolf Hitler - January 1950.
The New York Times January 1950.

The caption under the photo reads 'Heinrich Noll 38 year old German male nurse having his identity checked over by Corp Edward J Kullick of the Military Police on a street in Frankfort Germany last Saturday. Mr Noll who has been frequently stopped, has kept his toothbrush mustache on the chance of portraying Hitler in a planned Austrian movie'.

enjoy :)

Help Marcus! didnt work - sorry guys. how do we post an image - should have asked first.

annon
Unregistered User
(10/31/00 4:21:31 am)
Reply Now then...
How do we know that it was not one of Hitler's doubles that shot himself in the bunker and that the real Hitler pretended to be one of the fake ones.

Griff
Unregistered User
(11/3/00 4:25:02 am)
Reply No need.
It wouldn't have mattered.
In 1945, Hitler was a dying man. He had a neural degenerative disease (I think it was Parkinson's) & had less than 5 years left to live anyway. He had never fully recovered from the injuries sustained in the Bomb Plot, & his quack doctor had been feeding him morning-glory seeds (in pill-form) which contained a large amount of strychnine.
All the doubles in the world would not have made a bit of difference.

Marcus Wendel
Webmaster
(11/10/00 7:36:01 pm)
Reply Re: Adolf Hitler - January 1950.
Here is the photo mentioned by David E M

David E M
Unregistered
(11/12/00 7:52:06 am)
Reply A Strange Book.
First marcus - Thank you for posting the photo - I just have not had the time
to do it myself.

Something else I hope will be of some interest. I have in my library a book
called 'The Strange Death of Adolf Hitler' published by The Macaulay Company
in 1939 - yes 1939 !.

It perports to be the biography of Hitlers double. It is of course Anonymous.
There is a foreward by the publishers telling how it came into their possesion
and some discussion of Hitler doubles.

Someone called John Gunther is quoted from his book(?) 'Inside Europe'

'Another member of this company , whose name is unknown and who has fancifully been called the highest paid man in Germany - according to the London Daily Telegraph - is Hitlers double a man who resembles him so sartlingly that he can substitute for him, if necessary, on public occasion.'

The book itself begins ' My name is Adolf Hitler. By this name the world knows me, and it knows me by no other name. some thirteen miniutes past 2AM , on the ghastly morning of September 29, 1938, I have been the only Adolf Hitler alive on earth.'

AH dead on 29th Sept 1938? food for thought? - I dont think so. However I find it Interesting that this subject was raised in 1939. In a supposedly true book.

I dont know but it seems in those years a work did not have to classified as fiction or fact.

If anyone else knows of this work or has access to either the Macauly company or the archives of 'T
' The New Yorker' for 1938 I would like to hear from them.

Thank you for your time. David E M.

'

pdhinkle
(11/28/00 12:55:46 am)
Reply Hitler,s double/Martin Borman
Having read several books on the subject of A. Hitler, what makes me wonder is, why do they(authors) always avoid his secretary. Martin Borman.
If this man died leaving the bunker in april 1945, why was there such careful guarding of the Elephant Haus in Weimar right after that time. Weimar was Borman,s home territory!
The Americans were there only a short time. leaving in june 1945 . It became part of the Russian zone. He and Otto S. had a plan for A. Hitler that was a diversion from their game. Only Otto S. surfaced after the War. So was Borman dead or under Russian protection?
Having served in Weimar from april thru june 1945, I got to see Buchenwald and Weimar!Not many Americans can say that.
Griff:: If an elevated water tank is a cistern in your country that is what the Russian author said it was. Hitler,s body was moved several times during the first ten years after WW II. Parts of the skull and jaw were examined and dental records show a match to Hitlers dental work!

Source:: The death of Adolf Hitler, by Lev Brzymenski Russian pathologist.
Reference: http://www.alphalink.com.au/hogh/hitbook2.htm

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”