Heinz Hitler, Adolf's Nephew

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
sylvieK4

Heinz Hitler, Adolf's Nephew

Post by sylvieK4 » 31 Mar 2002, 22:28

Perhaps many of us have heard that Adolf Hitler had a nephew who served in the German military and died during the Second World War. Does anyone have any further information about Heinz Hitler? His parents? I understand he was in the Wehrmacht. What unit did he serve with? Was he on the Eastern Front? How did he die?

Finally, does anyone have any photographs of Heinz Hitler?

Thanks

Heraklit

Heinz Hitler

Post by Heraklit » 31 Mar 2002, 23:25

Heinz Hitler, born 1920, was the son of Adolf Hitler's half-brother Alois. He attended a Volksschule, then a Napola. In 1938 he joined the Wehrmacht and fell in battle in Russia in 1942. He had been an Unteroffizier and Gruppenführer.

Timo

Post by Timo » 01 Apr 2002, 00:34

Nachname: Hitler
Vorname: Heinz
Dienstgrad:
Geburtsdatum: 14.03.1920
Geburtsort:
Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 10.01.1942
Todesort: Raum Wjasma

Nach den uns vorliegenden Informationen ist Ihr Angehöriger seit 10.01.1942 in Raum Wjasma vermißt.

(source: Der Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge e.V.)

Note that he's not the only Hitler listed and that "Angehöriger" is a standard setting in their format.

Regards,
Timo

Wolfchen75

Heinz Hitler

Post by Wolfchen75 » 02 Apr 2002, 20:52

I believe that this Henz Hitler was no relation to Der Fuerher. Adolf Hitler
had a relative named Raubel who was related to him through his half sister
Raubel fought at Staingrad and was captured and was offered to be returned in exchange for Stalin's son. This did not happen and I don't know what happened to him, Alois Hitler ( AH's 1/2 brother) had a son
William with an Irish mother and he was in Berlin before the war but eventually fled to USA and gave talks about his Uncle and fiinally served in
the US Navy in 1944. He changed his name after the war and his children live on Long Island NY, I don't know what he changed is name to but it's
something like Heiden

Now does Eva Braun have any surviving relatives ?

Balrog

heinz hitler

Post by Balrog » 23 Feb 2003, 07:27

in john tolands biography of hitler, he writes that heinz hitler was wounded fighting in stalin grad, and that he was badly wounded and left in a hospital in stalin grad. hitler refused to have him airlifted out of the seige because hitler felt his favorite nephew place was to stay with his comrades. heinz was takeen prisoner by the russians and died in captivity. leo rabal, hitler's other nephew was also captured at stalingrad, and spent the next 15 years in russian prisons until released by president adnuer's effoets in the mid fifties. hitler had also refused leo's request to be airlifted out of stalingrad or to be exchanged for stalin's son yasha. as for stalin son, i read 2 versions, so far, as to his fate. one version said he was shot trying to escape a prison camp. davis irving claims that british pow's beat him to death in a german camp. heinz was the son of alois hitler. i don't have adate for when heinz actually died.see page 730 of john tolands book for details. i read the david irving version of yasha's death on the internet somewhere, but can't locate it now.

nobodyofnote

Re: Heinz Hitler

Post by nobodyofnote » 13 Jun 2011, 06:26

Balrog wrote:Hitler had also refused leo's request to be airlifted out of Stalingrad or to be exchanged for Stalin's son Yasha. as for Stalin son, i read 2 versions, so far, as to his fate. One version said he was shot trying to escape a prison camp. David Irving claims that british pow's beat him to death in a german camp. Heinz was the son of Alois Hitler. I don't have adate for when Heinz actually died. See page 730 of John Tolands book for details. i read the David Irving version of yasha's death on the internet somewhere, but can't locate it now.
I haven't read David Irving's version of events but on what basis is he claiming that British POWs were involved in Yasha-Jacob Djugashvili's death? I know on the internet there are pictures released which show him dead on the Sachsenhausen prison camp barb wire. This goes back as far as 1968 when documents related to his death were published, so I'm curious as to Irving's claim.
After German setbacks in early 1943, Hitler offered Stalin a deal to swap Yakov, who had resisted Nazi blandishments to defect to the German cause, for the German field marshal [Paulus] who surrendered at Stalingrad. Stalin turned down the proposal, replying: "You have in your hands not only my son Yakov but millions of my sons. Either you free them all or my son will share their fate." According to his Russian cellmate, it was the news that his father had refused to ransom him that drove Yakov to despair and his suicidal attempt to escape.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... z1P7tQw1xF

I'm also interested in where Heinz Hitler is buried. Is his remains still buried in the prison camp grounds or were they removed to a military cemetery after the war?

Heimatschuss

Re: Heinz Hitler, Adolf's Nephew

Post by Heimatschuss » 13 Jun 2011, 12:38

Hello,

the entry for Heinz Hitler at http://www.volksbund.de has changed a bit since 2002:
Nachname: Hitler
Vorname: Heinz
Dienstgrad: Unteroffizier
Geburtsdatum: 14.03.1920
Geburtsort: Thesdorf-Quellental
Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 31.10.1942
Todes-/Vermisstenort: Butyrki,KGL
KGL = Kriegsgefangenenlager,POW camp

On the other hand German Wikipedia (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Hitler) says Heinz was captured on Jan 31, 1942 when he tried to salvage telephone equipment from an abandoned position. Subsequently he was incarcerated in the infamous Butyrka prison in Moscow where he died from torture during spring 1942. According to the english version of Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Hitler his DOD was Feb 21, 1942. It's unknown what happened with his remains.

Best regards
Torsten

nobodyofnote

Post by nobodyofnote » 13 Jun 2011, 15:13

Thanks Torsten

I'm guessing his remains must be in the Butyrka prison grounds somewhere.
Last edited by nobodyofnote on 13 Jun 2011, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

jeffhan373

Post by jeffhan373 » 13 Jun 2011, 16:09

Here's a photo of Heinz Hitler in uniform...
Attachments
Heinz_Hitler.jpg
Heinz_Hitler.jpg (6.89 KiB) Viewed 7753 times

Erich S

Re: Heinz Hitler

Post by Erich S » 14 Jun 2011, 00:10

Wolfchen75 wrote:I believe that this Henz Hitler was no relation to Der Fuerher. Adolf Hitler
had a relative named Raubel who was related to him through his half sister
Raubel fought at Staingrad and was captured and was offered to be returned in exchange for Stalin's son. This did not happen and I don't know what happened to him, Alois Hitler ( AH's 1/2 brother) had a son
William with an Irish mother and he was in Berlin before the war but eventually fled to USA and gave talks about his Uncle and fiinally served in
the US Navy in 1944. He changed his name after the war and his children live on Long Island NY, I don't know what he changed is name to but it's
something like Heiden

Now does Eva Braun have any surviving relatives ?
The name was changed to Hiller.

meyerhuberentelmann

Post by meyerhuberentelmann » 07 Dec 2017, 00:45

erich who are you referring too? name change was to stuart-houston.. if your referring to the last living patriarchal lineage.. that settled on long island, and they apparently made a pact to end their blood line.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”