Blood Order recipients

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
schoenwurf

Re: Blood Order recipients

Post by schoenwurf » 10 Feb 2022, 09:40

Yes definitely a fake and not a good one
The ring of Blood Orders was not marked

schoenwurf

Post by schoenwurf » 10 Feb 2022, 10:22

Helly Angel wrote:
16 Oct 2002, 07:12
Hello,

The first 15 recipients of the Blood Order were:

0) Adolf Hitler WITHOUT number. (Führer der NSDAP)
1) Ernst Röhm
2) Rudolf Hess
3) Himmler Heinrich (Bund. Reichskriegflagge d. Inf.-Zug i)
4) Josef Seydel Bund. (Reichskriegflagge - Stammabteilung)
5) Fritz Krausser + 30-june 1934
6) Dr. Emil Ketterer (Reichskriegflagge - Stammabteilung)
7) Wilhelm Brückner (Stab der SA)
8 ) Adolf Hünhlein (Stab der SA)
9) Josef Berchtold (Führer der Stosstrupp Hitler)
10) Sepp Dietrich. (Bund Oberland, Satb)
11) Günther Korten. (Reichswehr)
12) Wilhelm Röder. (Landespolizei)
13) Fürholzer, Ludwig (Reichskriegflagge - Stammabteilung)
14) Helfer Wilhelm (SA Regiment Munich, Kompanieführer der 5. Kp.)
15) Hans Bunge (Stosstrupp Hitler)

and 3400 more...

Source DAS EHRENZEICHEN VOM 9. NOVEMBER 1923 (BLUTORDEN)
May I correct quickly this list regarding the information provided by the list of the Blood Order’s recipients that exists in the archives :
- Hitler but also Schaub, Schwarz, Göring, Streicher and Schreck received an unnumbered Blood Order (in order to avoid an « ego war »). There was no BO #1.
- Patzwall added an interrogation point for Röhm as no1 and Hess as no2. Actually Röhm received BO #2.
- The recipient of BO #7 is not known
- There were not 3400 recipients of the BO but about 4200 (1500 for the 1st pattern and 2700 for the 2nd pattern)

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 10 Feb 2022, 17:37

schoenwurf wrote:
10 Feb 2022, 10:22
Helly Angel wrote:
16 Oct 2002, 07:12
Hello,

The first 15 recipients of the Blood Order were:

0) Adolf Hitler WITHOUT number. (Führer der NSDAP)
1) Ernst Röhm
2) Rudolf Hess
3) Himmler Heinrich (Bund. Reichskriegflagge d. Inf.-Zug i)
4) Josef Seydel Bund. (Reichskriegflagge - Stammabteilung)
5) Fritz Krausser + 30-june 1934
6) Dr. Emil Ketterer (Reichskriegflagge - Stammabteilung)
7) Wilhelm Brückner (Stab der SA)
8 ) Adolf Hünhlein (Stab der SA)
9) Josef Berchtold (Führer der Stosstrupp Hitler)
10) Sepp Dietrich. (Bund Oberland, Satb)
11) Günther Korten. (Reichswehr)
12) Wilhelm Röder. (Landespolizei)
13) Fürholzer, Ludwig (Reichskriegflagge - Stammabteilung)
14) Helfer Wilhelm (SA Regiment Munich, Kompanieführer der 5. Kp.)
15) Hans Bunge (Stosstrupp Hitler)

and 3400 more...

Source DAS EHRENZEICHEN VOM 9. NOVEMBER 1923 (BLUTORDEN)
May I correct quickly this list regarding the information provided by the list of the Blood Order’s recipients that exists in the archives :
- Hitler but also Schaub, Schwarz, Göring, Streicher and Schreck received an unnumbered Blood Order (in order to avoid an « ego war »). There was no BO #1.
- Patzwall added an interrogation point for Röhm as no1 and Hess as no2. Actually Röhm received BO #2.
- The recipient of BO #7 is not known
- There were not 3400 recipients of the BO but about 4200 (1500 for the 1st pattern and 2700 for the 2nd pattern)
There were actually two different Number 1's. The first was a stamped version that was in the office of Wilhelm Bruckner at the end of the war. It has always been surmised that this was to be given to Rohm -- it is in a private collection-- the hand written list does list Rohm as number 2. Not sure where this legend came from that he was to be given number 1. A second Number 1 is owned by Wolfe and Hardin and was an engraved version that came with Hitler's brown shirt uniform. It has been seen at several Max Shows over the years and was clearly engraved later on for Hitler. The late Ben Schwerigen did a lot of research on these two number 1's

Mark Costa

schoenwurf

Post by schoenwurf » 10 Feb 2022, 23:56

Mark,
Do you happen to have a photo of the BO #1 stamped ? Would love to see one.
The other BO attributed to AH is unnumbered (as it should be) and engraved with a 1. Was it engraved prior to 1945 or later, I don’t know… A few years ago Wolfe & Hardin sold this BO (along with Hitlers hat and a controversial SS stickpin) to C.Gottlieb who tried to sell them and finally auctioned them at Thies.

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 11 Feb 2022, 01:48

schoenwurf wrote:
10 Feb 2022, 23:56
Mark,
Do you happen to have a photo of the BO #1 stamped ? Would love to see one.
The other BO attributed to AH is unnumbered (as it should be) and engraved with a 1. Was it engraved prior to 1945 or later, I don’t know… A few years ago Wolfe & Hardin sold this BO (along with Hitlers hat and a controversial SS stickpin) to C.Gottlieb who tried to sell them and finally auctioned them at Thies.
According to Ben Lieber the soldier who "found" them in Hitler's Munich apartment, the BO was already engraved with the number 1. So we must assume that it was added sometime in the 1930's after the Rohm purge. No I do not have a photo of the stamped BO. It is in a private collection and may never again see the light of day. I will post the article that Ben wrote many years ago back in the late 1980's.

Mark Costa

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 11 Feb 2022, 06:25

Thank all! Is a very interesting conversation... Someone knows the correct BO number of Rudolf Hess?

TIA

Mark Stanton

Post by Mark Stanton » 03 Sep 2022, 23:18

Hi all....This is my first post here on the forum and i am looking for some help please.

Please bare with me....About 50 years ago when i was 6 years old i was given a wooden box by my father...this box was handed down to him by his brother who served in the British army and fought in WW2. I am now 56 but at that young age i really did not know what i had and i was simply intrigued by the history of all the items. This little wooden box set me up and i later started collecting German dress daggers. The little shop that i used to buy some of my daggers from once showed me a book on Nazi Germany. The owner of the shop was scanning through the book and he stopped at one particular page and he simply said, ' Now , it would be nice to own something like this and it is quite rare '. I looked down at the book and to what he was pointing to....it was a Blood Order !......He was quite shocked when i casually said, ' I've got one of those ' !.......To which he replied, 'No !...You cant have, they are more rare than hens teeth' !!

You see, in that little wooden box that my dad gave to me was a Blood Order....just the medal with no suspension ring, ribbon, box or any paperwork. It is the real deal, correct size, weight and silver content and its been confirmed by a collector that it is indeed the real thing.

From a liottle research I know that it is a 2nd pattern BO and has 2111 stamped upon it...I am aware that the 2nd pattern BO recipients are difficult to trace but would anyone have any ideas on how to trace the owner of such a fine piece of history ?......I have been offered sub £2k for the medal but im in no rush to sell and it will stay in the family.

Many thanks for your help.

Mark

JonFish

Post by JonFish » 12 Sep 2022, 22:09

Hi Mark, 2111 still isn't identified, since the last time we spoke.
Collector of Blood Orders , Blutorden, and associated items.

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”