Hitler and Braun Family Tree

Discussions on all aspects of the NSDAP, the other party organizations and the government. Hosted by Michael Miller & Igor Karpov.
Ian Sayer

Re: Hitler and Braun Family Tree

Post by Ian Sayer » 08 Sep 2009, 16:39

Hi Junebaby.
I think we are just going to have to be patient and wait until somebody feels like tackling the Vienna archives.
Intriguing though!
Regards
Ian

Helly Angel

Post by Helly Angel » 08 Sep 2009, 18:29

junebaby wrote:...
Has anyone ever really looked in to who Maria Shickelgruber's employers were to back up the theory of the jewish grandfather for Adolf? Or how many jews were in the area at the time?

Maybe buried in some documents in the national archives in Vienna,is information on Hitler's background. I read somewhere that supposedly the Chancellor of Austria,forgot his name did a family background check of Hitler and supposdely Adolf had a jewish grandfather and that i believe Hans Frank was the source of the story.
No jews in the area that time. No jews relatives to AH.

Ian Kershaw made a study about this and explain this in the volumen 1 of the Hitler bio.

owenhanee

Post by owenhanee » 11 Sep 2009, 07:40

That's great, this forum page have a nice discussion on Hitler and Braun Family Tree.
:lol:
Acne

herveus

Post by herveus » 02 Nov 2009, 20:29

Try to get hold of a copy of "Adolf Hitler's Family Tree" by Alfred von H. Konder (1999). He translates most of the 1937 information from the original Rudolf Koppensteiner work, tracing Maria Anna Schickelgruber's ancestors to c.1606.

It's not so much about Hitler's "descendants" on the family tree, but the descent of Hitler from various other families.
The tree includes the family names of Huettler/Hiedler, Schickelgruber, Polzl, Capeller, Walli, Decker, Stumpner, Pfeisinger, Leidenfrost, Hamberger, Minihold, Widmann, Hagen, Ambstotter, Hinterlechner, Pollack, Fiechtinger, Ledemuller, Koppensteiner, Sillip, Heymuller, Schiedl, Kaufmann, Artner and Pfeiffer.

jenofonte

Post by jenofonte » 24 Jan 2010, 23:50

Recent in newspaper. A research made by a belgian, looking for DNA fingerprints in "Hitler´s relatives" in the USA.

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 15 May 2010, 07:32

I have read somewhere that Werner Von Braun was a relative of Eva Brauns. I think that it went like this. Werner Von Braun was the son of one of Fritz Braun's brothers......or maybe Fritz had only one brother. I also wonder what kind of relationship Gretl Braun had with her parents after WW2? Fritz and his wife here extremely anti-Nazi and had the oldest sister talk with Eva about ditching Hitler and coming home, but she wouldn't have any part of it. The youngest daughter Gretl came to the Berghof and apparently had a ball while she was there but began to turn against Hitler (not to his face though) and wanted Eva to leave the Bunker and denounce Hitler. Whether any of this is true or not I'm not sure but I'm certain that there was a blood relationship between Werner Von Braun and the Braun family.

Here are a few pictures of Gretl. Gretl looks like a rather attractive woman...not a bad looking at all. According to her sister Eva though she was a bit of a sulker.
These are very large pictures so I had to post them in Forum format.

This one is of Gretl and her young daughter who later commited suicide at a very young age. Poor kid had a lot of Family baggage hanging over her head. Hermann Fegelein was her biological father who was regarded as a boot licking ass....even among his Nazi peers. I'm betting her family history had a LOT to do with her suicide.

Hermann Fegelein.
Last edited by bob7708 on 15 May 2010, 20:43, edited 2 times in total.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 15 May 2010, 12:25

I have read somewhere that Werner Von Braun was a relative of Eva Brauns
also read that since Braun is such a common name its not likely and that von makes all the difference
in the two names?

I am sure Hitler would have known this if it were true and somehow it would have found its way among
the history pages somewhere long before now.

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 15 May 2010, 17:16

Annelie wrote:
also read that since Braun is such a common name its not likely and that von makes all the difference
in the two names?

I am sure Hitler would have known this if it were true and somehow it would have found its way among

I know about the different spellings but I thought it might possibly be that, on Werner's side of the family, the family was considered to be in a higher social class so the modified their name to: Von Braun or "From Braun" to denote a higher social class. I know Ribbontrop did this to elevate hiself to a higher social status. He went from being known as Ribbontrop to Von Ribbontrop or From Ribbontrop. I am going to research it further to make certain of it and let me know if you have heard differently as I know you will. :P :wink:
Come to think about it, I heard the one about Ribbontrop in a documentary about WW2. It was either in "World At War" or "Why Hitler Lost The War." It came from an Englishman who was in the OSS Branch and who delt directly with German Generals who wanted to join in with the Brits in assasinating Hitler. He was interviewed in one of these documentaries when he related the info about the Ribbontrop name change.

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 16 May 2010, 09:13

Here is a large version of Hitler's family tree. I had to post it this way so that it is readable. Hope it does someone some good.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/203/ ... ytree3.jpg

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 20 May 2010, 05:21

Annelie wrote:
in the two names?

You were right about that Annelie. I researched it all over the Net. Werner Von Braun and Eva Braun were not related, just as you said. Where I got my bad piece of information from I can't remember. :oops:

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 20 May 2010, 12:45

I researched it all over the Net. Werner Von Braun and Eva Braun were not related, just as you said. Where I got my bad piece of information from I can't remember.
that is what is so great about these forums, we get to find fact from fictual and lots of peoples opinions :D

amanda91

Post by amanda91 » 26 Aug 2010, 19:54

all this information is very helpful im doing a family history search type thing for fun, and i came across this, im related to Eva Braun, it was very interesting to see this

Panzermahn

Post by Panzermahn » 11 Feb 2011, 16:07

Heinrich 'Heinz' Hitler, son of Alois Hitler Jr. with second wife Heidemann, nephew to Adolf Hitler

Peter Raubal, son of Leo Raubal Jr, son of Leo Raubal Sr who is the brother-in-law to Adolf Hitler by the Raubal Sr marriage to Angela Hitler,

http://books.google.de/books?id=cTvea_t ... 42&f=false

heviarti

Post by heviarti » 12 Feb 2011, 04:11

Is the family tree published in John Toland's Adolf Hitler suspect?

I need to start doing some research... I need to see if there is a shirttail relation between my family (from Kreis Koslin) and another nearby family (somewhere near Stolp)

AlifRafikKhan

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 20 Aug 2011, 23:25

How about this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tator.html

Maybe there's more complete information?

Return to “NSDAP, other party organizations & Government”