Wehrmacht Veterans in other Armies of the World

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Sid Guttridge

Re: Wehrmacht Veterans in other Armies of the World

Post by Sid Guttridge » 11 Dec 2019, 14:57

Hi Edward L. Hsiao,

In just the last two pages you have made 26 posts making a variety of assertions without a single source or reference. Nothing you have written can be traced.

Your posts seem to be almost entirely fiction and will certainly have to be regarded as such if you cannot back them up with sources.

Your entire body of posts here on AHF will remain without value until you offer sources.

Cheers,

Sid.

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 13 Dec 2019, 22:47

Not sure if Civilian Labor Groups meet your criteria:
Although they work for the U.S. Army and wear uniforms, they are civilians in uniforms, according to group superintendant Hans H. Blumenstein.

Members of the unit are suspended from German military service for the duration of their employment. Personnel are recruited by advertising in newspapers or through the labor offices. The members are employed under the provisions of a tariff agreement and the German labor law, which means they are working in a civilian status.
https://www.usarmygermany.com/Sont.htm
[scroll down to: Additional USAREUR Units & Activities / Labor Service / 6980th LSC]

A member of my family who served near the end of the war did this for awhile (not for the unit above).

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 15 Dec 2019, 08:47

Stop citicizing me Sid Guttridge! I'm not trying to make anything fiction in my topics of this forum. You are not keeping an eye on me! Sometimes I have a hard time trying to find the sources that people want. "Wehrmacht Veterans in other Armies of the World" is my long term project and you have no right to downgrade it! I have questions that doesn't always get answers!

Edward L. Hsiao

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 15 Dec 2019, 09:11

The word should have spelled criticizing not citicizing! I made plenty of mispelled words that are not on purpose!

Edward L. Hsiao

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 16 Dec 2019, 13:12

Hi Edward,

I am not too worried about spelling, so long as I can understand what is written, which I did.

You posted, "Stop citicizing me Sid Guttridge! I'm not trying to make anything fiction in my topics of this forum. You are not keeping an eye on me! Sometimes I have a hard time trying to find the sources that people want. "Wehrmacht Veterans in other Armies of the World" is my long term project and you have no right to downgrade it! I have questions that doesn't always get answers!"

I have no problem with your project, or with you researching it.

What I object to is your method of doing so here. You repeatedly make contentious statements of "fact" without being able to substantiate them through sources or references. It is not good enough for you to say "Sometimes I have a hard time trying to find the sources that people want." Sourcing is one of the things we all undertake to provide in posting on AHF.

It seems to me that you are doing this deliberately in order tease out responses from members that you can harvest for your project. Why not just ask a direct, honest, neutral, question of them?

As it is, you are littering AHF with unsubstantiated claimed "facts". This has the effect of undermining the credibility of AHF and all other contributors with it. That is why I keep calling you out on this.

So, yes, I am keeping an eye on you, for the reasons stated above, and will continue to criticise you so long as you cannot or will not substantiate what you repeatedly claim are facts.

All that you write might be true, but none of it has any value here unless you can substantiate it.

Cheers,

Sid.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 16 Dec 2019, 22:41

Ed & Sid -- Please omit personal comments about other members when posting, and conduct any off-topic discussions via our PM system.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 17 Dec 2019, 02:30

Hi David,

Edward has at no point made personal remarks and I have found nothing he has posted to be personally offensive in any way.

Cheers,

Sid

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 14 Feb 2020, 07:29

Gentlemen,

The head of the German Air Force Assistance in the 1960's was Oberst Gerhard Kahtz. He later became the first commander of the Nigerian Air Force from May 1963 to November 1965. He had to start building up the Nigerian Air Force from scratch. However he was an effective leader in the eyes of the Nigerian airmen. So far this information I got was from Wikipedia. Gerhard Kahtz was born on November 26,1922 and was a WWII Luftwaffe officer pilot with the Iron Cross 1st Class. In November of 1965 Oberst Wolfgang Thimmig,who was a night fighter ace of WWII and of the Bundesluftwaffe,was Kahtz successor for three months. I'm not sure if there were other Germans,especially from WWII,were helping Kahtz out in organizing the Nigerian Air Force.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 05 Apr 2020, 23:57

Here's a former member of the Luftwaffe who served in Vietnam with the Australians (mentioned in a video about ghosts, no less)
https://youtu.be/MZK4_2F2RzA?t=4747

Edward L. Hsiao

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 09 Aug 2020, 09:46

Anymore good ideas for the year 2020?

Edward L. Hsiao

Mannet

Post by Mannet » 20 Aug 2020, 08:57

I'm wondering about WH veterans in Mexico... any informations?
and how big was scale of German veterans in US military?

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 20 Aug 2020, 09:32

Hi Mannet,

The Mexicans and Argentines wouldn't even accept their own nationals who had served in the RAF and RCAF into their post war air forces.

Cheers,

Sid.

Hohlladung

Post by Hohlladung » 20 Aug 2020, 13:08

Hi,

Did you already mention Luftwaffe General Adolf Galland?
After his release as British POW, he served as advisor in Argentina for the Air Force from 1948-1954.

Also famous flight engineer and constructor Kurt Tank and a German team of engineers served there and developed the FMA I.Ae 33 Pulqui II.

Source:

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuerza_ ... _Argentina

They left the country after the Military Coup 1955 against President Juan Peron.

Best regards
Armin
"Ihr verfluchten Racker, wollt ihr denn ewig leben?" Friedrich, II. in der Schlacht von Kolin am 18.Juni 1757 zu seinen zurückgehenden Grenadieren.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 20 Aug 2020, 19:55

Hi hohlladung,

I thought of mentioning him, and others in Argentina, but none of them were actually in the Argentine armed forces.

Cheers,

Sid.

Mannet

Post by Mannet » 20 Aug 2020, 20:52

yap, and I was really surprised, that author of this topic mentioned Mexico. Maybe someone from Wehrmacht veterans had family in Mexico and moved to them and served in mexican army?? by the way, what happened with German Mexicans during the war? Did they served in mexican army (which was part of allied forces)?

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”