Bocholt & Stalag VI F

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
stalag-vi-f

Bocholt & Stalag VI F

Post by stalag-vi-f » 07 Aug 2006, 16:37

Hello,

I`m searching for any information of my town Bocholt in Germany and about the Prisoner Cap Stalag VI-F there.

Does anybody have old photos???

Does anybody remember beeing in Bocholt during WWII???

I need any information because for school I have to write a "Facharbeit", I don`t know the english word for that.

Thanks for all :D :D

Jacky Kingsley

Post by Jacky Kingsley » 12 Aug 2006, 20:44

Hi

Are you sure you have the correct camp number? One site reckons it opened in 1944. Anyway I found the following:

http://www.pegasus-one.org/pow/cSt_6F.htm

The War Memories site (Fowler was moved from VIF to another) and the Mooseburg Forum may help. If you want I can give you the name and details of an Ex POW Association and they may be able to help you.

Jacky

stalag-vi-f

Post by stalag-vi-f » 12 Aug 2006, 21:14

Hi,

thanks for your answer.
Stalag VI-F is the correct number. In 1944 is was evacuated to Münster, because the front came too near to Bocholt.

Oh yes, the forum tip is great, i will check that.

It would be very great, if you can give me the nema of the Ex Pow Association. Please do it, it seems to be a very great tip.

Thank you, Marius

Jacky Kingsley

Post by Jacky Kingsley » 14 Aug 2006, 21:52

Hi Marius

The historian for the National Ex-Prisoner of War Association is Phil Chinnery. He has recently moved and I can't remember his address but his email is:

[email protected]

He will publish your request in their magazine. Tell him I referred you to him.

Jacky

Jacky Kingsley

Post by Jacky Kingsley » 14 Aug 2006, 22:09

Hi Marius

I forgot to mention the subject must contain the word POW or it will be deleted as spam.

Jacky

stalag-vi-f

Post by stalag-vi-f » 14 Aug 2006, 22:10

Very cool.

Thank you very very much, jacky. That`s great :D :D :D

France51

Re: Bocholt & Stalag VI F

Post by France51 » 26 Dec 2009, 17:52

Hi

i'm looking for information of an man who was in this camp.He was from Italy and he was called "Piccolo Maccheroni".
They took him from greece and care him to Stalag VI F, he worked in a mineral cavern ("miniera" in Italian) but after that he started working in the camp's kitchen with french prisoneers.

Does anybody remember him? Does anybody has some picture?

It's important 'cause he's my father.

Marinellam

Post by Marinellam » 30 Jan 2011, 16:54

Hello,
i am italian woman, I have found photos of the father of my Husband, the platelet of Stalag VI f where he was captive till april 1945 and some pages of his diary. In the back of a photo there is written "Gelsenkirchen". Someone has news? or photo of Stalag VIf? In the back of a photo there is a franch name and the name of a city: Finistere - France.
I can send same photos.

Thanks for any news. Marinella

lucab

Post by lucab » 11 Apr 2015, 23:19

@france51 and @marinellam
hi, I'm Italian and my grandpa was in this campo from 43 to 45. He was captured in Greece maybe the knew eachother. He's name was Mario

Marinellam

Post by Marinellam » 12 Apr 2015, 10:19

Hi, i have photos, names an informations. What is the "cognome" of your grandpa? I can send my private e-mail (if it is possible) and share everything with you.
Bye Marinella

Giacomomonaco

Post by Giacomomonaco » 25 Oct 2018, 16:00

Hi, I am italian and my Grand Father was also in the Bocholt stalag, as far as he told me when he was alive. His name is Gatti Vincenzo, please let me know if you have any document that reports the lists of prisoners in that Stalag.

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”