Eleni Karayanni and the Greek Bouboulina Partisans....

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
brigaf_fritz_witt

Eleni Karayanni and the Greek Bouboulina Partisans....

Post by brigaf_fritz_witt » 19 Dec 2007, 02:50

Hello everyone,
I am trying to find out more information about a Gestapo Interegator responsible for executing my wife's great-grandmother at the Greek Concentration camp near or at Hadiri.
All that I know is that Eleni Karayanni (aka Lela Carayannis) was heavily involved with the Greek Resistance known as the Bouboulina. For her involvement, she was tortured, interregated, and murdered by the authority of Gestapo Intereggator named Beke. I have searched and I can find no information on Beke and no further info about her execution.
Any help will be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Fritz

aprilh

Re: Eleni Karayanni and the Greek Bouboulina Partisans....

Post by aprilh » 22 Apr 2008, 21:54

I am currently conducting research to make a documentary film about Lela Karayianni, and the only source I have come across with information about Fritz Backe is in Lela's Biography, by Alexander Zaousis (in Greek), published by Okeanida Press (Athens). There is a chapter on her capture and torture, which calls Backe the "most inhuman German." Please contact me if you would like to discuss more. I would love to know more about your wife and her family connections to Lela.

Mr Holmes

Post by Mr Holmes » 25 Apr 2008, 07:01

Hello aprilh,

Unfortunately, brigaf_fritz_witt is no longer a member of this forum. When I first saw this thread I conducted a search of various Greek bookstores and there were a number of titles that appeared which may have interested brigaf.

In any case, I look forward to your documentary.

jackafca

Post by jackafca » 03 Mar 2018, 13:33

Hi everyone,
I am interested in the Bouboulina group, and Lela Caryannis. Does anyone have information about this group? Dr George Caryannis has written some tracts about it, but I am looking to see if my grandmother, who was an operative for the Greece resistance, worked with this cell. Thanks.

Iason

Post by Iason » 02 Jul 2018, 16:46

I may be of assistance , I am the grandson of Lela Carayannis, my father was Nelson Carayannis

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”