My Trip to Dalian and Lushun

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 16 Apr 2009, 11:33

Photos taken during the seige of Lushun

Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 04 Aug 2009, 15:09

Stoessel and Nogi went on talking.

Stoessel: "By the way, I brought an Arabian horse as a gift for you. This is an excellent horse. Please accept my gift."

Nogi: "I appreciate your gift, but a horse is a kind of weapon. So I can't accept it directly. I'll hand it over to my horse managing officer through an official process."

What Nogi said didn't make sense to Stoessel possibly because of poor interpretation. Nogi and interpreter Kawakami managed to make him understand.

Nogi: "Graves of your fallen soldiers are scattered all over here, so I'll gather them to one place and protect them."

Stoessel: (Pleased with Nogi's promise) "Unfortunately, our two countries fought against each other this time. I hope that this conflict will be the last one and that two countries will be allies in the future."

Nogi: "I also hope that the diplomatic relationship between two countries will be restored and that I'll meet you again as a friend."

Thus, their official talk was concluded and they began to have lunch...

- To be continued -

* Sorry for the long delay. I've been inactive in this forum for a while. I restart this thread. It seems to me that it will take at least one year to complete this thread.

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”