Did Hitler kill anyone?

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
chrisccoyle

Post by chrisccoyle » 03 Jun 2003, 02:34

From what I have read, it is a good possability Miss Braum may have organised Miss Robel out of the picture.

zj_apl wrote:May be Hitler really killed someone by his hand: his niece Angela Raubal ,his lover.

infinite_one

the new claim

Post by infinite_one » 22 Apr 2016, 00:15

has anyone been able to substantiate that Hitler killed Focke-Wulf chairman Ludwig Roselius in 1943?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... rJK-iPuxzg

Mannheim

Re: Did Hitler kill anyone?

Post by Mannheim » 22 Apr 2016, 01:08

Kein Irrtum ist so groß, der nicht seinen Zuhörer hat.

infinite_one

Post by infinite_one » 22 Apr 2016, 18:17

thank you for the quick reply!

Biber

Post by Biber » 23 Apr 2016, 20:03

VERY unlikely in my opinion. While I do not have the documentation to back up an assertion, I am of the opinion that AH was, personally, a coward, and would never have been able to muster the courage to physically attack someone himself. This would also include shooting someone. I think had he done something of that nature, it would have left him an emotional wreck for a considerable time if indeed he recovered from it at all. Moreover it would have had an effect on his life and subsequent activities, of which to my knowledge there is no evidence suggesting it. AH's power lay in his charisma not his courage, hence there were always others ready willing and able to do his dirty work.

However, I am willing to be entirely wrong about this and would defer to those more knowledgeable.

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 24 Apr 2016, 12:25

During their stage of poverty in Vienna, it's possible he could kill to some tramp like him, and never be uncovered.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

sarahgoodson

Post by sarahgoodson » 26 Apr 2016, 01:55

There's no evidence Hitler himself personally killed anyone. The same for Himmler and many other top Nazis.

infinite_one

Post by infinite_one » 26 Apr 2016, 02:45

I'm not sure I would consider Hitler a coward, his service in WW1, even as a runner, is beyond my imagination, plus during the early days he would brandish a pistol and go out into the streets (i have a photo, its not my property or id post it, of him standing in the street, pistol in hand) and on top of the facts, you dont become the "fuhrer" by backing down from people. I tend to look at him more as an evil genius than and insane coward; he knew full well what he was doing, IMO.

with that said Himmler was a full coward, considering his wartime activities and attempting to surrender Germany, he more the less proved that to history.

I'm not sure i would agree with the statement that most top nazis never personally killed anyone as bormann killed in the name of the party or his views, and goring for sure killed many during the first world war. The other examples were too young or staff officers. Keitel is the only one that strikes me as a coward as much as himmler was.

Note: the above is educated opinion, i am not attempting to answer my own questions, I am totally open to proof otherwise.

EDIT: I looked at the aforementioned pic, and I am not sure it is indeed hitler anymore, ill see if i can get permission from the owner to post it and keep you all updated.

Wordsworth

Post by Wordsworth » 01 Jun 2016, 21:02

Outside of WWI service, I find it unlikely that Hitler killed anyone, even Geli. His reaction to her death was quite profound. While the opposition papers accused Hitler of killing her, the Nazis spun it that she found Hitler's pistol and accidentally shot herself. If the Catholic Church accepted that story, her death wouldn't have been deemed a suicide and she could have been buried in the cemetery.

Roehm, by all accounts, was killed by someone else and even told his executioners that "if Adolf wants me dead, he can shoot me himself".

I just don't think Hitler was the type to go around shooting people...unless...and here's something I just considered. Could he have been shooting during the clash between the Nazis and the police in Munich after the Beer Hall Putsch? If he used his pistol in the street, before escaping, he might've hit someone and killed them. Not sure if he did, though.

Otherwise, as has been pointed out, plenty of people were willing to do his dirty work for him.

Jim S

Post by Jim S » 02 Jun 2016, 01:32

Way back in 2003, "Geli" wrote that Hitler sped back to Munich from Nurnberg and got a speeding ticket. That brings up a different question from a thread a long time ago - did Hitler ever drive a car? Does this prove that he did drive?
I'm afraid we will never know if he ever killed someone with his own hands.

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 02 Jun 2016, 02:37

Pistol S&W .38, attributed to the young Adolf Hitler.
24PBPuC.jpg
24PBPuC.jpg (22.02 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

infinite_one

Post by infinite_one » 11 Jun 2016, 21:53

Jim S wrote:Way back in 2003, "Geli" wrote that Hitler sped back to Munich from Nurnberg and got a speeding ticket. That brings up a different question from a thread a long time ago - did Hitler ever drive a car? Does this prove that he did drive?
I'm afraid we will never know if he ever killed someone with his own hands.

I find that hard to believe, there is stories of Hitler loving speed, he was a car enthusiast. But with that said, he was driven or flown since the 1920s, there is famous stories of his bodyguard following him, and the bodyguard in his mercedes being unaware, was able to quickly escape his own bodyguard.

But, consider this, judge Dr Konrad Morgen asked for permission to speed to KZs to investigate crime, and was denied the ability to exceed the speed limit

ChristopherPerrien

Post by ChristopherPerrien » 12 Jun 2016, 07:08

If Hitler had killed anyone. It would have been noted by him or by his supporters or opponents at some point between "Mein Kampf" and the rest of the NSDAP rise to power and his end in 1945. Absence of evidence in this case is fairly acceptable proof, as it would have been brought to light long ago.

Boby

Post by Boby » 14 Jun 2016, 13:44

No. Only himself.

infinite_one

Post by infinite_one » 15 Jun 2016, 03:39

ChristopherPerrien wrote:If Hitler had killed anyone. It would have been noted by him or by his supporters or opponents at some point between "Mein Kampf" and the rest of the NSDAP rise to power and his end in 1945. Absence of evidence in this case is fairly acceptable proof, as it would have been brought to light long ago.

I'm not sure absence of evidence is any evidence at all. He was in prison when mein kampf was written, I doubt he wanted to go back because of a murder he wrote down. Further: he didn't mention any siblings but one in mein kampf and portrayed his father as dutiful but warm and loving, something he was not.

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”