Secret Base in Chile

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
red devil

Secret Base in Chile

Post by red devil » 12 Mar 2017, 19:03

I am totally at a loss where to place this post, so please move it if incorrect.

I was drifting through Discovery tv channels the other night and came across a documentary about Bavaria Camp, a secret Nazi base, in Chile, southwest of Santiago. The security level was of the highest for its day, presume 60s. Suggestions that it had housed Hitler etc were not in agreement with my thinking as Hitlers Valet is on record attesting to exactly what he did on that fateful day in the bunker in Berlin. Right down to having problems with the matches to ignite the bodies.

The team in the programme examined Colonia Dignidad and found a high watchtower from which a special forces member scaled and could see for miles in all directions. They examined the fencing, still intact, and the sophisticated wiring and alarms systems. They tried to enter what was a weapons factory but got stopped by 'guards' who control the site. Underground was an amazing labyrinth of tunnels and rooms. They were insistent, a bit overly so, that the site was made to house a VERY high ranking Nazi, and others, after WW2, and was funded by Chilean leaders including Peron. They hinted at Hitler.

I have found other links since I first watched the tv and did not know about previous knowledge so was able to watch it unbiased. I even found it on google earth. A lawyer they interviewed in Santiago attested to the production of weapons and SARIN gas in the camp. As a [plan was being hatched for a Fourth Reich and a gas attack on the USA. A former CIA operative, in the programme, said that the CIA had absolutely no idea that this camp existed.

As many of you are far more knowledgeable than I on this subject, have there been any definitive explorations, and more importantly concrete evidence that A or B was in fact housed there. I see there has been a film made of this camp but I do not trust Hollywood to tie my laces let alone make a 'true story'.

My faith in the media is almost non existent. Here is one link I found:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/0 ... t-that-in/

Sid Guttridge

Re: Secret Base in Chile

Post by Sid Guttridge » 13 Mar 2017, 12:46

Where is the actual evidence? You have given us nothing concrete to follow up.

Even the newspaper link doesn't mention Hitler at all and only refers four times to a "former" Nazi paedophile.

Cheers,

Sid.

red devil

Post by red devil » 13 Mar 2017, 14:28

I stated that I personally doubted the hitler connection as the Valet confirmed on tv a long time ago that he himself, with bormann, burnt the bodies. If you type the camp name into google earth or bavarian village Chile, it will show up on the screen. You ask me, rightly, for evidence, but you forget google, look yourself. I think the hitler theory is conspiratorial and I am not, but the camp is VERY real and is still guarded as I watched on the Discovery programme the other night.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/world-tra ... ed88a242c6

http://www.dw.com/en/colonia-dignidad-n ... a-19217985

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obitu ... 81014.html

The rest, as I said, is according to the explorers.

I knew nothing at all about the film, so cannot comment on Hollywood's 'version'

Neutrality

Post by Neutrality » 14 Mar 2017, 00:57

Ihello.. I think the show you watched was on history channel and called hunting Hitler? An interesting property and whoever built it did not want unwanted visitors getting within miles of this place without alarm being raised. The technology, underground bunkers, escape corridors and safe rooms where meticulously planned to the last detail, even the hydraulic ram controlled barrier system that supposedly raised a steel/concrete barrier up out of the road to stop vehicles was like something out of a bond movie! The guys that produced the show also wrote the book grey wolf a few years ago based on the same theory that Hitler escaped the day before Germany capitulated. I too was highly sceptical of this theory. You should watch the whole series (that was second series I believe), some of the facts unearthed and questions raised on apparent historical facts are mind blowing. They looked at wether a plane (based on unclassified fbi interview minutes with luftwaffe pilot) could have taken off from a makeshift runway on road leading from brandenburg gate and the victory column. They looked and said it would have been too risky and virtually impossible with all the lamp posts along the road making it too narrow for average wing span then a Berlin based investigator turns up with a picture of the very road just after the end of the war showing EVERY SINGLE LAMPOST had been cut at the base, apparently one of the last orders given in nazi Berlin. Who would the soldiers (surely knowing they were hours from being overrun by allied forces and potentially killed) have admired enough to carry out these final orders to guarantee a chance at escape for? Bormann? Hitler? Or both.. For me it raised more questions than it answered but fascinating nonetheless.

Neutrality

Post by Neutrality » 14 Mar 2017, 01:03

If your interested in the theory another guy by the name of Harry Cooper investigated similar lines of enquiry and has written a book. He is the founder of the shark hunters association. Well worth a look

ChrisMAg2

Post by ChrisMAg2 » 14 Mar 2017, 02:57

Well,
there is already a History Channel series that even stronger imply those thoughts about escaped Nazis and even Adolf Hitler himself.
The problem is already in the beginning assumption! of every single episode of the series "Hunting Hitler" (S1, S2, 2014 ff.). They (the makers of the series) completely deny or leave out of this oquaision, that by now (since the 90's actualy) it already is a fact, that Hitler commited suicide in Berlin. The justification for this series is the mere "fact" that in 1945 and later on, US Intelligence forces could not establish the fate of Adolf Hilter. And "recentely de-classified intelligence files (FBI, CIA or what so ever)" are providing indications and leads, that the actors in the series just follow. The series is per se plausible, but actualy only plays with rumors, hear-say, "accitental facts and circumstances". All of that is tied along the real fact that high ranking Nazis did escape to south America, on different routes and with/ by different means. But in the end nothing will ever stick to Hitler. It's entertaining fiction. Nothing else.

As far as this new movie is concerned, come on! that was a big issue in Germany in the 1980's and 1990's then, because of the realy strong connections to Germany's past. But for a british audience, If such an "old story" needs to be "beefed" up with "escaped Nazis, a lurking fourth Reich" etc., then is shows that the story (obviosly?) needed a "sales argument", to make it worth while.
Regards
Christian M. Aguilar

Neutrality

Post by Neutrality » 14 Mar 2017, 09:50

Hi Christian, what's the new movie you mentioned?

I believe one of the main points of the show was to prove that facts are not always what they seem and based very loosely on hear say, perceived witness accounts and what it suits world powers to state!!

I'm not convinced by either account.

red devil

Post by red devil » 14 Mar 2017, 14:44

I think the film title is Coloni - or Colonia and stars Emma Watson.

Neutrality: thanks for all your fascinating info. I did not see the programme from the beginning but if anyone, I think maybe Bormann.

wiki states he died on 2 May 1945 but Paraguay police state he died in 1959. He was given access by Hilter to 'vast sums on money

Neutrality

Post by Neutrality » 18 Mar 2017, 12:44

No problem red devil..

Good to discuss with people who share an interest. Recently unclassified files also speculate that Bormann secured as many as 10000 Argentinian passports as early as 1942 through Juan peron. Talk about taking pre-emptive measures!! I wonder who wanted to bring bormanns body back to Germany and for what reason? Why not just leave it as history instead of bringing red clay covered remains back to Berlin to raise suspicion? As I said, the whole topic continuously raises more questions than one can find answers to!

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 18 Mar 2017, 13:54

Hi Neutrality,

Peron was in no position to secure passports in 1942. He was on military duty in the Andean provinces and not in Buenos Aires. Peron only became politically influential in the capital from mid 1943 onwards. If you read Yuki Goni's book you will find the proposition that Peron's post-war regime made large numbers of passports available to Axis individuals of many nationalities, but by then Bormann was dead.

You write, "As I said, the whole topic continuously raises more questions than one can find answers to!" The number of unanswered questions tells us nothing. Raising questions is easy. Providing answers is the time consuming bit requiring expertise. Morons can ask questions. Only the intellectually coherent can answer questions satisfactorily and they often have better things to do than answer moronic questions!

Follow the hard evidence, not the number of unanswered questions.

Cheers,

Sid.

Neutrality

Post by Neutrality » 18 Mar 2017, 14:28

Kurt Schrimm, 62, head of the central war criminal authority in Germany, is among the legal team sifting through archives
The files also showed that during the war Argentine President General Juan Peron sold 10,000 blank Argentine passports to ODESSA – the organisation set up to protect former SS men in the event of defeat.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -WWII.html

Sid,

I see you are finding interest in my posts. My mind is open to new hypotheses and theories as I have little faith in some so-called examples of 'hard evidence' maybe the year is wrong, who knows. There is more that is questionable about these so-called hard facts than some of the theories out there! So to reply to you, I am not here to provide answers or tell you anything. I am merely discussing points that interest me surrounding this period and discussing questions raised. If you want to label people that ask questions as morons then that's up to you but maybe that's an attitude attained by someone who is so "intellectually coherent" and self praising!

red devil

Post by red devil » 18 Mar 2017, 16:15

I find Sids comments a bit off to be fair. As I am the one who opened the discussion with a REQUEST for info, on a topic that I knew very little about, I can only assume his comments were directed at me. My emails carry a signature which I actually thought up myself, not bad for a moron.

Darkness is only the absence of light, ignorance is only the absence of knowledge.

Conspiracy theorists will be having a field day with this one. I cannot agree nor disagree with all the theories or suppositions put forward because, at this time, I simply do not know.

The main avenue that the NAZI's used to get out of Europe quick was the Vatican. It may well be that these mysterious passports originated from them.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 19 Mar 2017, 18:15

Hi Neutrality,

I would suggest that your mind might be a little too "open to new hyptheses and theories".

Try checking a bit of hard evidence.

For example, you write, "The files also showed that during the war Argentine President General Juan Peron sold 10,000 blank Argentine passports.....".

Peron was not President during the war. That is a hard fact. Please check. You don't have to take my word for it.

The story is probably a garbled misrepresentation of what Yuki Goni wrote in his book about post-war events.

If you do not check the facts before presenting them here, you are simply spreading misinformation.

Cheers,

Sid.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 19 Mar 2017, 18:31

Hi Red Devil,

My remarks were not directed at any individual. I was adressing the proposition that the existence of unanswered questions is necessarily of some significance.

Which, if any, of the following propositions do you disagree with:

1) Raising questions is easy.
2) Providing answers is the time consuming bit requiring expertise.
3) Morons can ask questions.
4) Only the intellectually coherent can answer questions satisfactorily and then they often have better things to do than answer moronic questions.

To repeat, "Follow the hard evidence, not the number of unanswered questions."

You write, "I cannot agree or disagree with all the theories or suppositions put forward because, at this time, I simply do not know." This is precisely the honest, well intentioned, ignorance that conspiracy theorists take advantage of. You might be trying to be even handed, but in fact you are giving equal weight to expert historians and pseudo-historical charlatans until proven otherwise. In your effort to be fair, you may, in fact, be being very unfair.

Cheers,

Sid.

red devil

Post by red devil » 21 Mar 2017, 01:06

OK Sid, understood. Sorry I asked now 8O

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”