Found german photo album

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
emilian_szw

Found german photo album

Post by emilian_szw » 24 Jun 2018, 13:35

Hello, I have found recently a bunch of old german family photos.
They never been published before.
They belonged to the former German habitants of Wałbrzych, Poland (Back then: Waldenburg in Schl. Germany).
They were kept nice and safely 70 years by some polish family for unknown reason (short after the War such memoires were often treated as trash).
Some of them contain names and description, many not.
Whole album I have put on flickr:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskzKt5rk
Below I would like to show you few of them
If you could tell me something more about these people and situation, what interesting you notice, would be great.
I don't wanto break any rule of this forum. If I did let me know. Regards
Attachments
17.jpg
German SS officer that has a patch shows that he belongs to Croatian SS. If needed I can re scan and enlarge some parts of picture
17.jpg (240.75 KiB) Viewed 4035 times
17 11.jpg
This same SS officer, and often appearing woman that I think was his secretary. First time I see woman in such uniform: Civil with army distinctions
17 11.jpg (237.21 KiB) Viewed 4035 times
Hansa Foto (4).jpg
Russian village under German occupation. What exactly these soldiers did all day long?
Hansa Foto (4).jpg (206.19 KiB) Viewed 4035 times
Hansa Foto (3).jpg
Eastern Front, stamp comes from photo laboratory, where they have been developed
Hansa Foto (1).jpg
Some Russian city, Eastern Front, it is only photo that make possible to say where they probably come from

GregSingh

Re: Found german photo album

Post by GregSingh » 24 Jun 2018, 13:56

Nice.
There seems to be a first name and surname on one of the photos. It may help to track down the family.
Croatian SS.
They have Police sleeve eagles, they are not SS.

mil-archive

Re: Found german photo album

Post by mil-archive » 24 Jun 2018, 21:18

Many thanks for posting these images !

Copies of some of these uniform pictures were sold on ebay several years ago, here is another from this group for the thread:

As mentioned these are Polizei (with Croat shield). The main subject of the album is a woman who is a Polizei Helferinnen.

Regards,
Gerard

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”