Pictures needed?

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Larso

Pictures needed?

Post by Larso » 27 Nov 2018, 06:24

Hi everyone, I've been handed a history class at late notice and asked to show the 'The Book Thief'. It's going very well - I hadn't seen it before. I'll have time on the day I finish it to do some teaching and I'm putting together a brief lesson on the times in Germany.
To that end, there are two pictures I'd like to use. The first is an image of five or six German children (all blonde??) laid side to side after being killed in a bombing raid. The second is of a young boy and an oldish man waiting for the Russians with a panzerfaust. I think they're fairly famous and I'm sure I've got them both somewhere but am not sure I can find them in time. I'm hoping that someone here has them easily retrievable or can point me to a site where they are.
Thanks!
John

Max

Re: Pictures needed?

Post by Max » 27 Nov 2018, 14:41

Greetings from the Wide Brown.

Larso

Re: Pictures needed?

Post by Larso » 04 Dec 2018, 01:54

Oh dear, the 'thank you' I posted last week didn't go through?

Thanks Max for that photo, it worked better than the one I'd been thinking off. If I can find the ones I had in mind I'll post them here too.
John

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”