Richthofen’s Dog Breed Identification

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Alexandra W

Post by Alexandra W » 12 Dec 2019, 11:04

Hi,

So here’s a photo of Generalfeldmarschall Wolfram von Richthofen’s dog. I wonder what breed is it? Thx!

Regards,
Alex

Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen.

Clayton Kory Schwinge

Re: Richthofen’s Dog Breed Identification

Post by Clayton Kory Schwinge » 04 Jan 2020, 22:30

Hello Alex,

Judging by the dog's size and the shape of his/her skull, I think that's a German Shorthaired Pointer Dog. These dogs are easy to train, very intelligent, energetic, and playful dogs. But you should probably ask a veterinarian, as I don't have a degree in veterinary sciences.

I hope I was able to help you.
Yours, Clayton.

Alexandra W

Re: Richthofen’s Dog Breed Identification

Post by Alexandra W » 09 Jan 2020, 12:27

Clayton Kory Schwinge wrote:
04 Jan 2020, 22:30
Hello Alex,

Judging by the dog's size and the shape of his/her skull, I think that's a German Shorthaired Pointer Dog. These dogs are easy to train, very intelligent, energetic, and playful dogs. But you should probably ask a veterinarian, as I don't have a degree in veterinary sciences.

I hope I was able to help you.
Yours, Clayton.
Thx Clayton,

Yeah I also think it’s a pointer, tho my opinion leans more towards wirehair Pointer due to its fluffiness. And that’s a great idea! I’d definitely ask my vet next time I take my dog to her!

Regards,
Alex
Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen.

Jeromewaf
Banned

Post by Jeromewaf » 16 Mar 2020, 09:25

your dog is awesome.. I love dogs, and always wanted a boxer... dumbest dog I have ever owned.. cant teach him crap and my wife is a dog trainer I think I picked wrong bullie breed.. got a question though.. I have never seen an american bulldog look like yours, so where would you look for your specific breed?
<small>f.o.r.c.e. gmbh porsche original parts germany</small>

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”