Just how involved was Hitler personally in regards to his two books?

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Futurist

Just how involved was Hitler personally in regards to his two books?

Post by Futurist » 10 Jan 2020 03:27

Just how involved was Hitler personally in regards to his two books? I seem to recall Michael Mills previously speculating in another thread that parts of Hitler's Second Book might have been ghostwritten--which in turn is why I am wondering if Hitler was heavily involved with both of these books and if he actually read both of these books in their entirety to make sure that these books were indeed saying what he wanted them to say even if he didn't personally write every single line or even part in one or both of these books.

DavidFrankenberg

Re: Just how involved was Hitler personally in regards to his two books?

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 12 Jan 2020 01:39

Futurist wrote:
10 Jan 2020 03:27
Just how involved was Hitler personally in regards to his two books? I seem to recall Michael Mills previously speculating in another thread that parts of Hitler's Second Book might have been ghostwritten--which in turn is why I am wondering if Hitler was heavily involved with both of these books and if he actually read both of these books in their entirety to make sure that these books were indeed saying what he wanted them to say even if he didn't personally write every single line or even part in one or both of these books.
AFAIK Hitler did write and dictate these books to Hess who was his secretary. Hitler is the author at 100% of these books. No doubt about it.

Some ppl believe that Hess wrote the books mostly or partly... but this is silly. The only author is Hitler. Hess was the follower, Hitler was the leader.

Boby

Re: Just how involved was Hitler personally in regards to his two books?

Post by Boby » 20 Jan 2020 10:41

After Plockinger huge research (Geschichte eines buches, 2006) there is no doubt that Hitler wrote both of them. OTOH, MK (Part I) was not dictated to Hess in Landsberg.

Another thing is that, before publication in 1925 and 1926, some people helped in grammar corrections, polishing style, etc.

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”