Did Joseph Goebbels dance??

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
BeauJayce

Did Joseph Goebbels dance??

Post by BeauJayce » 03 Aug 2020, 15:02

I know this sounds like a strange question, and I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but does anyone know if Joseph Goebbels danced at parties? I know he was quite mobile and used to bound up the steps to his office, but I can't find any references to his dancing. Since he was such a ladies' man, it seems as if he surely must have. Thanks in advance for any info!

Xavier

Re: Did Joseph Goebbels dance??

Post by Xavier » 03 Aug 2020, 21:23

I think his crippled leg would prevent him from doing so in a gracious manner

Br. James

Re: Did Joseph Goebbels dance??

Post by Br. James » 04 Aug 2020, 15:27

While it's certainly true that Goebbels was "a ladies' man," at least in his own mind, I think his attraction must have come from his high position in the Party and in society -- he was quite a wealthy man and enjoyed lavish living; from the expressions of respect that were lavished upon him in public and in private; and from his cultured manner and speaking voice, being a very educated person. While physically he was nothing to look at -- he was short, slight and walked with a pronounced limp -- when he opened his mouth, his voice could dominate a room of most any size.

Br. James

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”