A few questions

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Kitty

A few questions

Post by Kitty » 17 Nov 2020, 05:32

Hello!
I am so sorry, lot if the place of my topic is not here, but I am a new member of the forum. I am very interested in everything related to the Second World War.Unfortunately, Uncle Google doesn't know everything, but I hoped that here I could find the answers to some questions that excite me. I am interested in the following things:

1. Do you know in detail what exactly the crimes of Josef Kramer, the commander of the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, were?
2. I was surprised to learn that after his death, his wife Rosina had moved with her children to Celle, very close to the site of the former camp. Isn't that weird and crazy?
3. I became interested in the homes of the commandants of the concentration camps, what they looked like. I would be happy to put pictures here. I also wondered where Josef Kramer lived.
4. Is it true that the commandants of the concentration camps received high salaries and how accurate were they?
5. Why is so little talk and writing about Bergen-Belsen? Why aren't the crimes mentioned there? And is it true that Josef Kramer loved music, especially the music of a Jewish performer? The latter is strange and crazy to me and I can't take it for normal.

I am so sorry in advance for my terrible English.

Kitty

Re: A few questions

Post by Kitty » 23 Nov 2020, 17:53

Ha, look at the photo I found! Why was he arrested half-naked?

https://collections.ushmm.org/search/catalog/pa7584

Mannheim

Post by Mannheim » 26 Nov 2020, 23:24

You might get a better response if you post in the Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes section.
Kein Irrtum ist so groß, der nicht seinen Zuhörer hat.

Leibstandarte_fi

Post by Leibstandarte_fi » 28 Nov 2020, 18:04

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”