How did Adolf Hitler, an Austrian, dark haired man convince the German people that the Nordic race was superior?

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
George L Gregory

Re: How did Adolf Hitler, an Austrian, dark haired man convince the German people that the Nordic race was superior?

Post by George L Gregory » 30 May 2021 18:21

Ironically, according to the so-called Race Pope, Hans F. K. Günther, of the Third Reich, described all Europeans to be Mischlinge (mixed breed):
Racial anthropology is above all in the disagreeable position of having to pronounce the overwhelming majority of Europeans to be of mixed race, to be bastards. This renders it an awkward, disturbing science, making it something discomforting in the manner of that exhortation to 'know thyself'.
Nazi Robert Ley said in the 1930s:
Who of us is racially pure? Even if somebody's appearance is Nordic he might be a bastard inside. That somebody is blond and blue-eyed does not mean that he is racially pure. He might even be a degenerate coward. Bastardization shows in different aspects. We have to be on our guard against racial arrogance. Racial arrogance would be as devastating as hatred among classes.

Cantankerous

Re: How did Adolf Hitler, an Austrian, dark haired man convince the German people that the Nordic race was superior?

Post by Cantankerous » 30 May 2021 21:22

I heard that Hitler did not like his plump nose, which he considered a Jewish physical trait (see https://www.media-diversity.org/underst ... tereotype/). If DNA tests published in 2010 showing that Hitler had Jewish and Berber ancestry are to be believed, then it's possible that Hitler disliked his nose and few other "Jewish" physical traits so much that he considered the Nordic race superior to Jews, Gypsies, and Slavs.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 30 May 2021 23:39

Cantankerous wrote:
30 May 2021 21:22
I heard that Hitler did not like his plump nose, which he considered a Jewish physical trait (see https://www.media-diversity.org/underst ... tereotype/). If DNA tests published in 2010 showing that Hitler had Jewish and Berber ancestry are to be believed, then it's possible that Hitler disliked his nose and few other "Jewish" physical traits so much that he considered the Nordic race superior to Jews, Gypsies, and Slavs.
"Hitler" is not mentioned in the article you linked to about the Jewish hooked nose stereotype.

The so-called DNA results prove nothing.
I never wrote that Hitler was a Jew, or that he had a Jewish grandfather. I only wrote that Hitler's haplogroup is E1b1b, being more common among Afroasiatic speakers than among overall Germans. This, in order to convey that he was not exactly what during the Third Reich would have been called 'Aryan.' All the rest are speculations of journalists who didn't even take the trouble to read my article, although I had it translated into English especially for this purpose.
The accuracy of some of the coverage arising from this study was questioned. Professor Michael Hammer of Family Tree DNA said that "scientific studies as well as records from our own database[,] make it clear that one cannot reach the kind of conclusion featured in the published articles." Citing Family Tree DNA's own data that shows that more than 9% of the German and Austrian population belong to E-M35, and that about 80% of these are not Jewish, Hammer concluded, "[t]his data clearly shows that just because one person belongs to the branch of the Y-chromosome referred to as haplogroup E1b1b, that does not mean the person is likely to be of Jewish ancestry."

Cantankerous

Post by Cantankerous » 30 May 2021 23:45

I watched the documentary "Hitler and Stalin: Roots of Evil" and I heard that Hitler did not like his plump nose because he saw it as a Jewish physical trait.

George L Gregory

Post by George L Gregory » 31 May 2021 00:04

Cantankerous wrote:
30 May 2021 23:45
I watched the documentary "Hitler and Stalin: Roots of Evil" and I heard that Hitler did not like his plump nose because he saw it as a Jewish physical trait.
I've seen it. That claim is a load of clobbers that is not backed up by any reliable sources.

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”