The Last Nazi Secret - Gays in the Third Reich on TV

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
lamguy

The last Nazi secret, Gays in the Third reich

Post by lamguy » 31 May 2002, 04:50

How did gays fare in the camps as opposed to Jews. Politicals, ect. that should speak volumes. i really have no idea.

Randy

Yedith

in the camps

Post by Yedith » 31 May 2002, 16:23

Randy, I have a book somewhere about gays in the camps. I'll shovel thorugh the piles and see if I can find it, or search out a reference. I agree that this information would provide good data to the discussion.

Was there anything on gays in the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C.? I don't recall anything. Interesting.

Regards from the windy city, where every allergen on earth is alive and well,
Yedith

Scott Smith

Re: The last Nazi secret, Gays in the Third reich

Post by Scott Smith » 31 May 2002, 20:18

lamguy wrote:How did gays fare in the camps as opposed to Jews. Politicals, ect. that should speak volumes. i really have no idea.
There's quite a bit on this subject in the memoirs of Rudolf Höß, which you can order through Amazon to Support this very site by clicking on my link below.

CLICK! Image

lamguy

The Last Nazi secret. Gays in the Third Reich

Post by lamguy » 01 Jun 2002, 04:08

Thanks Scott and Yedith. Any info is great! Also will look into the book you suggested, Scott.

Randy

Yedith

Found it....sorta

Post by Yedith » 04 Jun 2002, 00:09

Randy, the book I have is Men With the Pink Triangle : The True, Life-And-Death Story of Homosexuals in the Nazi Death Campsby Heinz Heger. I also discovered I haven't read it, so it looked good enough to buy, but I never got around to reading it. I would suggest checking it out via Amazon before buying it. If you do, let me know what you think.
Sorry to be so late... :oops:
Yedith

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”