Men's hair styles...

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
7Mitternacht_Engel

Post by 7Mitternacht_Engel » 17 Aug 2005, 09:36

AgentBach wrote:I wish boys had those clean cut look again. :(
Maybe than I would find ones my age more attractive than clean cut older men.
Thank god im not the only girl with that problem! :P and men those days, not only that slick and very charming hairstyle taht stole our hearts, but the damn zuper hot uniform too!! :lol:

7Mitternacht_Engel

Post by 7Mitternacht_Engel » 17 Aug 2005, 09:39

Truffelschwein wrote:Yes,Nearly all higher ranking guys had the same type of hair cut.
It's similar to today's "Surfer cut" but it's combed to the side with a crease down it on the right or the left side.Very common everywhere.
Sometimes in certan officers you will see it combed back totally.And in other officers you see no special haircut.

I personally have the surfer cut type slicked to the side.
Damn nice haircut by the way! looks very Aryan! :D

Mehmet Fatih

Post by Mehmet Fatih » 18 Aug 2005, 00:46

7Mitternacht_Engel wrote:
Truffelschwein wrote:Yes,Nearly all higher ranking guys had the same type of hair cut.
It's similar to today's "Surfer cut" but it's combed to the side with a crease down it on the right or the left side.Very common everywhere.
Sometimes in certan officers you will see it combed back totally.And in other officers you see no special haircut.

I personally have the surfer cut type slicked to the side.
Damn nice haircut by the way! looks very Aryan! :D
Very Aryan? :?

7Mitternacht_Engel

Post by 7Mitternacht_Engel » 18 Aug 2005, 09:05

yea, the Aryans that Hitler likes so much. Or maybe what i was trying to say, in another way is, very east (if im not mistaken) -german like - where men have blond hairs - and parted it the same way during 1930s-1950s

Mehmet Fatih

Post by Mehmet Fatih » 18 Aug 2005, 20:59

I see.

Regards

7Mitternacht_Engel

Post by 7Mitternacht_Engel » 22 Aug 2005, 11:16

yep.
and does anyone went for the haircut??? well..how does it go?

Mehmet Fatih

Post by Mehmet Fatih » 22 Aug 2005, 12:30

I have that kind of hairstyle since when I was a kid.Of course I didnt know it was german army haircut.I still have the same style.I like it in fact.Also it is a very common hairstyle here in Turkiye.

Regards

7Mitternacht_Engel

Post by 7Mitternacht_Engel » 23 Aug 2005, 19:27

Great! well...i dont really like the women haircut for that time..so not doing the "Geli's hairstyle"!LOL!
you didnt die your hair blonde right Waffen fur alle? ;-)

Mehmet Fatih

Post by Mehmet Fatih » 24 Aug 2005, 12:22

No! I would never do such a thing. My hair color is brown and it is ok with that hairstyle.;)

Regards

7Mitternacht_Engel

Post by 7Mitternacht_Engel » 24 Aug 2005, 15:13

im sure it is!! if you have you're picture taken with your hair that way...dont be afraid or shy to post it here,ja!!bitte!!

Truffelschwein

Post by Truffelschwein » 16 Sep 2005, 00:23

Apparantly 7Mitternacht_Engel lives in south-east asia where most people don't have blonde hair...

Btw,If my hairstyle was "aryan" my hair would be black. Because most iranians have black hair.

P.S. has anyone identified my photograph I posted of the S.S. officer?

7Mitternacht_Engel

Post by 7Mitternacht_Engel » 16 Sep 2005, 12:31

Truffelschwein wrote:Apparantly 7Mitternacht_Engel lives in south-east asia where most people don't have blonde hair...

Btw,If my hairstyle was "aryan" my hair would be black. Because most iranians have black hair.

Yea... and i cant have that hairstyle since im a girl....and i dont like the women hairstyle during that time! and yea...NONE have blonde hair,originally... only those who bleached.. :roll:
BTW, some stated aryans have blond hair...so it totally confused me... and i dont think they are iranian... either way, im confused.
And the officer was Michael Straub...didnt someone already reply to that?

Truffelschwein

Post by Truffelschwein » 17 Sep 2005, 02:16

7Mitternacht_Engel wrote:
Truffelschwein wrote:Apparantly 7Mitternacht_Engel lives in south-east asia where most people don't have blonde hair...

Yea... and i cant have that hairstyle since im a girl....and i dont like the women hairstyle during that time! and yea...NONE have blonde hair,originally... only those who bleached.. :roll:
BTW, some stated aryans have blond hair...so it totally confused me... and i dont think they are iranian... either way, im confused.
And the officer was Michael Straub...didnt someone already reply to that?

Don't some europeans live there? Where you live?

Also about Aryan...
Aryan is an English word derived from the Indian Vedic Sanskrit and Iranian Avestan terms ari-, arya-, ārya-, and/or the extended form aryāna-. The Old Persian (Iranian) ariya- is a cognate as well. Beyond its use as the ethnic self-designation of the Proto-Indo-Iranians, there is no certainty as to what it may have originally meant.
These and other ideas evolved into the Nazi use of the term "Aryan race" to refer to what they saw as being a "master race" of people of northern European descent, going to extreme and violent lengths to "maintain the purity" of this race through a far-reaching eugenics program (including anti-miscegenation legislation, compulsory sterilization of the mentally ill and the mentally deficient, the execution of the institutionalized mentally ill as part of a euthanasia program, and eventually the systematic targeting of Jews, Gypsies, and Homosexuals in the Holocaust).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan#Racist_connotations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_race

So basically refering to "aryans" as europeans was not common until the 19th century and it's basically incorrect usage.

And about the picture...No it's not Michael Straub. Whoever said that was Mistaken.
Max wrote:ImageIt is quite likely that this is NOT Michael Straub.

The reference http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
leads to http://www.stefanopasini.it/Aurora-Dram ... rsonae.htm
where we come across a reference to a Michael Straub who is a character in a novel by Stefano Pasini called "Aurora"
http://www.stefanopasini.it/My%20Books.htm
Straub is supposed to be "Ufficiale SD, analista RSHA (v.), consulente di Heydrich, nel Gennaio 1944 Standarteführer SS"
[Official SD, analyst RSHA (v.), adviser of Heydrich, in January 1944 Standarteführer SS]

The photos illustrate the characters in the novel but the entry for Straub says
"Idea del personaggio di Michael Straub" [ Idea of the personage of Michael Straub]
or - Michael Straub looks something like this.[my translation]

The only Google results for "Reinhard Heydrich ""Michael Straub" lead to "Aurora"

Michael Miller might know something more.
Max

PS - Images and maps illustrating the novel
http://www.stefanopasini.it/Aurora-Immagini_e_Mappe.htm

nihil

Post by nihil » 23 Sep 2005, 21:33

Ive got some pictures of Hergé, he also had an awesome haircut (around the 1940's era)
Attachments
hergehair.jpg
hergehair.jpg (152.88 KiB) Viewed 16528 times

nihil

Post by nihil » 23 Sep 2005, 21:42

And some others, mainly Thomas Kretschmann in Stalingrad.
Attachments
mischair.jpg
mischair.jpg (228.81 KiB) Viewed 16559 times

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”