Hitlers Last Appearance for the cameras

Discussions on every day life in the Weimar Republic, pre-anschluss Austria, Third Reich and the occupied territories. Hosted by Vikki.
Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 23 Nov 2002, 06:41

Another photo of the MARCH 20th ceremony. This one was taken just before Hitler congratulates the boys. Axmann had already given the boys their Iron Crosses before Hitler arrived. All Hitler did was go down the row and shake hands and pat their faces. The windows of the dining room are right behind Axmann's saluting left arm. Right after the ceremony Hitler, Schaub and Bormann went to inspect the damage to the room and it was there that the very last photos were taken -- on MARCH 20, 1945. One month and 10 days before Hitler commited suicide.

Mark
Attachments
axmann.jpg
axmann.jpg (47.64 KiB) Viewed 8965 times

Pua Moders

Post by Pua Moders » 23 Nov 2002, 18:45

Mark Costa wrote:Another photo of the MARCH 20th ceremony. This one was taken just before Hitler congratulates the boys. Axmann had already given the boys their Iron Crosses before Hitler arrived. All Hitler did was go down the row and shake hands and pat their faces. The windows of the dining room are right behind Axmann's saluting left arm. Right after the ceremony Hitler, Schaub and Bormann went to inspect the damage to the room and it was there that the very last photos were taken -- on MARCH 20, 1945. One month and 10 days before Hitler commited suicide.

Mark

Very interesting information m8, didn't know that the two photos from Cabinet Minister have also been taken at this day, and not in april 1945. Could you give me a further source, backing up your statement?

Matt Gibbs

Mark - Thanks re MARCH

Post by Matt Gibbs » 24 Nov 2002, 16:54

Mark, thanks for 'proving' that the photos were taken on 20th March 1945.

You will note my conclusion from the VB article was that I 'believed the date may have been April, I did not say it definatley was. In fact, if i had taken the trouble to re-read my references by Philip Baker I would have indeed seen his photo caption note that although they are often captioned in older references the photos were indeed taken on 20th MARCH.

In actual fact I HAVE got my dates wrong and the last parade of the HJ was on 19th April 1945 and REPORTED in the paper on 20th. Many thanks for clearing that up and stating it was MARCH when the photos of Hitler were taken.

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Matt Gibbs

Willi Hubner

Post by Matt Gibbs » 24 Nov 2002, 17:07

Willi recieved his decoration in a ceremony in Lauban in March 1945 where the parade was inspected during a morale boosting visit by Goebbels. I am not going to scan the photos but if anyone has a copy of In A Raging Inferno byHans Holztrager it is shown on page 46/47. 7 or so of the Hitler parade photos also are in the book on Pages 73-76. They are mentioned there as being taken by Heinrich Hoffmann and credited as being in the Archiv Dr Gustav Wrangel.

Mark, where did you source the pictures or do you own copies of your own..? I am always interested in any other reference works on the HJ, particularly the late war involvment of their units.

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 24 Nov 2002, 17:15

Heinrich Hoffmann says that he visited Berlin for the last time at the beginning of April, 1945. Some of the photographs with Hitler, Axmann, and the Hitler Youth are his last of the Führer. Hoffmann says he did not make it back to Berlin for April 20th.
:)

Hernan Schneider
Banned

Post by Hernan Schneider » 24 Nov 2002, 20:25

estimados amigos, les voy a explicar el tema de las ultimas fotografias de Adolf Hitler.
Sabemos muy bien que el 20 de abril Hitler salio a condecorar con la cruz de hierro a miembros de la juventud hitleriana que se encontraban en el jardin de la cancilleria, ese es el mismo jardin donde en 10 días hitler terminaría cremado junto a su mujer eva,
volviendo al tema de la foto hitler felicito a cada chico, entre los asistentes se encuentran Fegelein Gunsche, Burgdorf, Heinz Lorenz, Linge Axmann Schaub entre los mas conocidos, lo que sucede es que hitler contrajo matrimonio la madrugada del 29 de abril de 1945 o mas bien al amanecer del 30 de abril y durante la ceremonia se tomo una fotografia en la que se ve a adolf hitler junto a su flamante esposa en la sala donde se llevo acabo el casamiento dentro del Führerbunker, esa foto es dificil conseguir pero esta en el libro de Irving, la guerra de Hitler, en la foto se ve claramente a adolf hitler junto a eva y detras a johanna wolf y traudl junge cualquier consulta escribir a [email protected]

Hernan Schneider
Banned

Post by Hernan Schneider » 24 Nov 2002, 20:29

me olvidaba que las fotos en las que se va a hitler y schaub inspeccionando lo que queda de la cancillería son de el 24 o 25 de abril de 1945y no son las ultimas fotografias
adios

si quieren traducir mi idioma vallan a http://www.el-mundo.es/traductor/

para mandarme mensajes a [email protected]

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 24 Nov 2002, 22:54

Matt and Scott are correct. Willi Hubner was decorated by Goebbels and FM Schoerner in the town square of Lauban in March. He was then taken to Berlin for the famous March 20th ceremony. Heinrich Hoffmann and his assistants were there for the hand shaking pics with AH. Also present was the newsreel cameraman. This newsreel was actually shown in early April to those that still had an intact cinema. The part with Hitler's hand shaking at the beginning was edited out for public consumption. In fact you can see Hoffmann's assistant taking the still photos in the background.

Hoffmann himself did not take the photos --only his assistant. Hoffmann had many of them assigned to the Fuhrer's HQ. It was just after this event that AH Schaub and Bormann inspected the damage to the Reichschancellery Dining Hall. The problem is -- which of the three photos taken in dining hall was the last !!! ??? Most historians believe it to be the one with Hitler and Schaub standing looking out a damaged window frame. However, no one is really sure which one was actually snapped LAST. I tend to believe it to be the one with Schaub and Bormann with AH -- can anyone post it --- the photo seems to show Bormann walking up to them as if he is joining them. As stated before, this photo is extemely rare and was only published in a couple of German published books in the early 1970's.

After this date, March 20th, no photographer, neither a still or movie cameraman, was ever again present and therefore the photos taken on March 20th are indeed the last ever taken of Hitler. Hoffmann did visit one more time in early April around the 5th or 6th, without his camera or assistants, but was rudely rebuffed by Hitler. He left the bunker never to see Hitler again.

Also please note how Hitler wears his coat in both series of photos -- he has it buttoned the same and pulled up around his neck in both series. Also Schaub is wearing his informal SS uniform the same way in both series --thus showing that the HJ ceremony and the ones taken in the dining hall were taken the same day -- March 20th.

Regards,

Mark

Hernan Schneider
Banned

Post by Hernan Schneider » 25 Nov 2002, 02:07

hay 2 películas en las que se ve a este chico. Una es cuando lo saluda goebbels y el tiene un casco puesto y la otra es en el jardin de la cancillería.
volviendo al tema de la charla esta si es la ultima pelicula de hitler pero no las ultimas fotos ni siquiera como ya dije las fotos junto a schaub en la cancillería, la ultima foto de hitler es cuando se caso yo solamente tengo un ejemplo de esa foto y estoy muy interesado en mandarla, solo que necesito scanearla
adios
[email protected]

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 25 Nov 2002, 02:10

Please write in english!

regards

Hernan Schneider
Banned

Post by Hernan Schneider » 25 Nov 2002, 02:14

There are 2 movies in which one sees this boy. One is when he(she) greets it goebbels and it(he,she) has a put hull and other one is in the garden of the chancery. Returning to the topic of the this chat if it is the last movie of hitler but not the last photos not at least as already I said the photos close to schaub in the chancery, the last photo of hitler is when I marry I only have an example of this photo and am very interested in ordering her, only that I need scanearla

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 25 Nov 2002, 04:05

Mr.Schneider:

These were the last photos taken of Hitler. There were no photographers in the bunker at the time of Hitler's marriage. As stated the last ones that were with him were there on March 20th. If someone is trying to sell you or trying to pass off a photo of Hitler's marriage to you, then he is a scam artist. There were no photos taken of this event ever, as there was no camera in the bunker. We would very much like to see this photo if you have a copy and maybe we all can identify when exactly it was taken. There are some photos taken of Hitler at other weddings --such as Fegelein's and it would be interesting to what exactly you have seen.

Mark

Hernan Schneider
Banned

Post by Hernan Schneider » 25 Nov 2002, 04:10

en unos pocos dias yo voy a mostrar a todos la ultima foto de adolfo hitler en el momento preciso en que este se casaba con la señora eva braun, solamente tengo que fotocopiarlo y scanear esperense unos días
[email protected]

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 25 Nov 2002, 09:16

Hernan Schneider wrote:en unos pocos dias yo voy a mostrar a todos la ultima foto de adolfo hitler en el momento preciso en que este se casaba con la señora eva braun, solamente tengo que fotocopiarlo y scanear esperense unos días
[email protected]
[He's going to photocopy, scan and post the photo's in a few days.]

We look forward to seeing them, please be sure to include details of where you came by these photo's.

Cheers,

K.

Wolffen

Post by Wolffen » 25 Nov 2002, 18:38

Ok this is what if thing! There been some talk about that hitler Escaped to Argentina. Any one has some info on this? And that Parkinson's disease
hand thing he faked it so that that the allied woud be sure he coud not leave Berlin! and the guy in the in basment was a double?

Return to “Life in the Third Reich & Weimar Republic”