Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by Maxschnauzer » 08 Dec 2019 04:29

This thread is intended to be a useful repository for vehicle photos of the Reichspost, the Deutsche Reichspost, or Feldposten. I'll get the ball rolling with some interesting electric vehicles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by SIS 5 » 08 Dec 2019 12:12

Hi Max,

thank You very much for opening this thread, a really special one and not so common. A question to the first two pics: are You sure, that it is the type BEM 2500. In my source it is the type E.L.S. BES 1000. Here the pic of this vehicle standing in the German Museum of Technology in Berlin (source: https://www.fotocommunity.de/photo/im-d ... g/29941413).

Best regards

Bert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 08 Dec 2019 12:59

Hello Bert,
I'm happy you enjoy this thread. I suspect my source may have been incorrect on the second pic which I used to ID the first. I think you are correct that they are both B.E.S. 1000 as shown in your photo. Here is a pic of an actual BEM 2500 at the Postmuseum Nürnberg, which is obviously a different and larger vehicle. Thanks for pointing that out and I will make that correction.
Cheers,
Max

uncle

Post by uncle » 08 Dec 2019 17:16

Hi all.
One more photo.

glushenko

Post by glushenko » 08 Dec 2019 19:04

"Mercedes-Benz O 10000"
1.jpg
https://vk.com/club59519874 Техника.Оружие.Война.Фото

glushenko

Post by glushenko » 08 Dec 2019 19:06

The French Citroën-Kegresse semi-tracked vehicle in service in Reichspost. In 1933, Germany acquired several of these machines for delivering mail to inaccessible areas.
1.jpg

Pz III

Post by Pz III » 09 Dec 2019 02:37

Good job Max. Here is a good photo I recently found of a Deutsche Reichpost bus in a bit of trouble.

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 09 Dec 2019 08:07

Here is another Bergmann this one of the Deutsche Reichpost, also called a Type ELS 1000 but obviously a later model:
Cheers,
Max

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 09 Dec 2019 08:13

glushenko wrote:
08 Dec 2019 19:06
The French Citroën-Kegresse semi-tracked vehicle in service in Reichspost. In 1933, Germany acquired several of these machines for delivering mail to inaccessible areas.
1.jpg
A wonderful photo, Viktor, thanks for posting. Mercedes -Benz also produced a halftrack for the Reichspost for use in Alpine areas. However, I don't think it got beyond the prototype stage or at most a limited production.
Cheers,
Max

glushenko

Post by glushenko » 09 Dec 2019 20:13

1.jpg

uncle

Post by uncle » 10 Dec 2019 12:38

Hi all.
One more photo.

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 11 Dec 2019 07:10

Not your typical Postwagen:
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 15 Dec 2019 00:34

Hi Max,

by chance I have found another pic of a Reichspost vehicle: a Büssing type III G. (source of the pic: "Das Lastwagen-Album Büssing" by Bernd Regenberg).

Best regards, my friend

Bert

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 16 Dec 2019 04:09

Hi Bert,
Thanks for that posting that old timer with the elastic wheels. Very interesting indeed.
Here is probably one of the rarest postal birds I've come across yet- A Henschel Type 36 SV 2 fuel tanker of the Deutsche Post Osten:
Cheers,
Max

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 16 Dec 2019 10:01

Maxschnauzer wrote:
08 Dec 2019 04:29
This thread is intended to be a useful repository for vehicle photos of the Reichspost, the Deutsche Reichspost, or Feldposten. I'll get the ball rolling with some interesting electric vehicles:
Hi,
You mention Feldposten. Here are three photos from my collection. First photo shows a Bussing NAG mail bus negotiating deep mud. Note the FP tactical symbol and RP number plate. Next two (BMW and Mercedes Benz) are from a 9 Pz. Division album.

Cheers,
Larry

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”