Axis Non-Armored Vehicles quiz

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Re: Axis Non-Armored Vehicles quiz

Post by Maxschnauzer » 20 Sep 2021 22:12

Hi Bert,
I believe it is a Polish PZInz 723. The only reference pic I have is here from Holger's site:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 20 Sep 2021 23:07

Hi Max,

You are the best! Absolutely phantastic! That´s it! I knew, it was really a difficult question, but You had the right answer! My compliment!
So it is Your turn to go on with the quiz.

Best regards

Bert

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 21 Sep 2021 22:08

Thank you, Bert. I am humbled by your kind words.
This one is not so difficult but I like it because it still has its beautiful factory paint:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Max

Robturner

Post by Robturner » 24 Sep 2021 01:21

Hello Bert,
The corrugated effect of the boot lid indicates that it's a member of the Horch family but I can't pin it down to a specific model, I'm afraid.
While trying to identify the particular model I found a photograph of what is described as an 'armoured Horch 830' which I'll add to the 'identity requests' thread. It's an interesting photo but I'm not convinced that the caption is correct.
Rob.

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 24 Sep 2021 09:10

Hi Rob,

thank You very much for the hint. With Your help I could find a pic of a Horch type 830 BL looking identically like the car on the pic Max posted. This car is still existing and looking phantastic. Only the bumpers are not original.
Source: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.8f3b20c11e6 ... ImgRaw&r=0 .
Rob, I think that You should go on with the quiz. Max, are You of a different opinion?

Best regards

Bert

B.t.w.: thank You very much for this special and great pic of an armored car (You are right, it is not a Horch, but a Stoewer).

Robturner

Post by Robturner » 24 Sep 2021 12:21

Hello Bert.
I'm pleased that you were able to confirm my identification of the improvised armoured car; it was 2am and I was unable to sleep because of a streaming cold so I wasn't at my best.
Hence my mixing up yourself and Max! For which my apologies to the both of you.
I'm happy to leave the final decision regarding the quiz to Max.
Regards, Rob.

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 24 Sep 2021 21:33

Hello Gentlemen,
Tough call. As far as I'm concerned you are both winners but since Bert has deferred to you, Rob please carry on with quiz and fair play to you both.
For the record here is the untouched quiz photo with a big fat clue on the boot:
Cheers,
Max

Robturner

Post by Robturner » 25 Sep 2021 15:03

Hello all.
My thanks to Bert and Max for passing on the next entry in the quiz to me.
I suspect that it won't take take long to solve as there are some obvious clues in the photograph.
A short distance in front of us is the distinctive humped rear of a kfz 2 signals car and what might be a civilian saloon; I'm interested in the vehicle to our front left.
Regards to all, Rob.
SCHILD 0101705_priv_DSC03142.jpg

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 25 Sep 2021 21:49

Hi Rob,
Good question. BMW 309/315?
1_BMW 309 early_ Kfz. 1.JPG
BMW 315 Kübelwagen_1935 model year.jpg
Cheers,
Max

Robturner

Post by Robturner » 26 Sep 2021 11:19

Hello Max.
You're quite right, of course, it's a BMW; I can't be sure about the exact model without seeing the ventilation grilles on the bonnet sides. The large stowage boxes on the running boards and the seats help to identity the manufacturer.
We mentioned the seats in a post in early September in relation to the DKW Kubelwagen's tubular design and I remember reading somewhere that the seats on a BMW were made from plywood.
Once again, very well done and I look forward to seeing your next entry.
Regards, Rob.

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 27 Sep 2021 22:53

Thanks Rob,
I know something about plywood seats having once owned a Morgan 4/4. The seat bottoms were actually an inflatable leather covered bladder set on a plywood base. At least the seat backs were properly upholstered leather. Those were the days when men were men and British sports cars were designed to challenge their ability to withstand discomfort. :D

Anyway here is the new quiz:
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 03 Oct 2021 21:19

Hi Max,

a very good question! Could that be in Finland and a Swedish Volvo type LV 101 "Sharpnose"?

Best regards

Bert

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 03 Oct 2021 21:45

Hi Bert,
Excellent! It is indeed. Here's another view without Mr. Bean standing in the way:
1938 Volvo LV 101 Sharpnose-.jpg
Please carry on.
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 03 Oct 2021 23:00

Hi Max,

thank You very much!
Here is my new question: who can ID this well-camouflaged vehicle?

Best regards

Bert

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 04 Oct 2021 21:58

Hi Bert,
I may be mistaken but AFAIK only the Büssing-NAG type G 31 has those "bullhorns" on the brush guard.
Cheers,
Max

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”