Sanitatskraftwagen I

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Pietje

Sanitatskraftwagen I

Post by Pietje » 16 Aug 2008 11:07

According to AchtungPanzer.net, some Kleiner Panzer Befehlswagens I's where converted to Sanitatskraftwagens I's, but i am kind of wondering where they would "place" the patients, so to speak, or where these vehicles only used to transport medical personell?

I attached some pictures so you can get a clear picture of what i am wondering about. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pietje

Re: Sanitatskraftwagen I

Post by Pietje » 16 Aug 2008 21:33

I find it hard to believe that nobody can answer my question. Dont be shy, answer my question and make me happy!

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

Post by Christoph Awender » 17 Aug 2008 01:54

Hello

Yes, they were used to bring a medical officer to various points safe and fast. Fo example to different places where wounded soldiers were collected at fast advance.

\Christoph

Pietje

Post by Pietje » 17 Aug 2008 10:37

Christoph Awender wrote:Hello

Yes, they were used to bring a medical officer to various points safe and fast. Fo example to different places where wounded soldiers were collected at fast advance.

\Christoph
Thanks for clearing that up Christoph. It was something i was wondering about for sometime now.

Gothard
Financial supporter

Post by Gothard » 06 Dec 2010 07:51

Answers can be a question sometimes. Granted a medical unit had befehlswagons but the ambulances themselves were converted training vehicles or munitions carriers this is a pz I sanitatswagen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

Post by Christoph Awender » 06 Dec 2010 20:48

Hello,

Well, I don´t think the purpose of this vehicle was patient transport as there is no space to fit a stretcher. I think this was again a transport vehicle for medical personnel. Of course in every vehicle a seated patient can be transported.

/Christoph

Panzer 1946

Post by Panzer 1946 » 07 Dec 2010 03:17

the engine deck area has a low frame to which 2 stretchers could be attached for transporting the wounded.

Alanmccoubrey
Financial supporter

Post by Alanmccoubrey » 07 Dec 2010 14:11

The name doesn't imply that it was intended as an ambulance since it just means "medical vehicle", an ambulance is a Krankenwagen after all.
Alan

princeofcups

Post by princeofcups » 28 Jun 2019 22:50

These are two different conversions. From what I can tell, Krankenwagen is the open top "ambulance" with two stretchers, but Sanitatskraftwagen is a fully armored personnel carrier for doctors and their equipment. Master Box has a 1:35 model called "Panzer I Ausf. A Ambulance Version", Nr. T3506, which has wounded sitting on top. That just doesn't make any sense.

Please correct me if I have this wrong.

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”