A Favour For A Friend

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Bill Murray

A Favour For A Friend

Post by Bill Murray » 25 Nov 2010, 22:55

New member arto is a Finnish chap living in one of my adopted countries, Peru.

He is having problems posting photos on the forum and Marcus and I have both been trying to help.

In the meantime, I told him I would repost any photos he emailed me and here is his first. And what a beautiful family arto has!!!!!

In the meantime, I know it is always easier to learn technical things (PC operation) in one's own language so maybe you Finns that inhabit this part of the Forum could PM arto and help him out.
Bill
Arto wife daughter 1110.jpg
Arto wife daughter 1110.jpg (119.03 KiB) Viewed 749 times

Phil Bishop

Re: A Favour For A Friend

Post by Phil Bishop » 26 Nov 2010, 00:20

Hey, she's ridding a rare 1938 AAVB, 6 Cylinder "Suomi" quad bike, issued in small numbers to the Finnish "Kommmaaando" units that opporated behind the Russian lines in 1943 and 1944. Nice find!

*Grins* I hope my post draws a few more in who can have a more, ummmmm....productive input to the very worthwhile request made here.

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 26 Nov 2010, 00:56

If your Peruvian speaking Finn understands any of the other Scandinavian languages I'll give it a go!

waleed

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 26 Nov 2010, 02:31

Phil:

You left out the fact that the Suomi bike was also exported to Peru
Bill

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 26 Nov 2010, 02:39

Du Waleed:

Jag vet inte om han kan Svenska, Norska eller Danske.

Jag tror att det kan bli baettre om en Finskare ska ta kontakt med honom.

Bill

Edit: Sorry, I meant to send this as a PM to Waleed.

Quickly said, I don't know if arto speaks Swedish, Norwegian or Danish.
It might be better if a Finnish speaking person can contact him.

Too much wine on our ThanksGiving Turkey day, perhaps.

Arto O

Post by Arto O » 26 Nov 2010, 04:42

Hi,

In fact the model is a secret projetc, developed by peruvian goverment and used in their next space shuttle to explore jupiter to colonize it. And not to catch attention from international industrial spies, they test it in public parks. Smart.
All the computers are so different, and surely mine is not the most sofisticated one, and commands are mixture of english and spanish language. And I am a new in this. But after my two weeks work comission, I will look for a local guy to teach me.
I speak quite fluently english, spanish and finnish, so those who have positive comments, you welcome to send an PM. Thanks.
I think we can put end to this subject.
Thanks Bill, they should more people like you. Thanks.

Cheers
Arto

Phil Bishop

Post by Phil Bishop » 27 Nov 2010, 01:10

Good luck Arto

And thanks to you and Bill for entering into the spirit of what we have here - helping each other with knowledge but not taking it TOO seriously. Quad bikes in WW2 would have been interseting!

Phil

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 27 Nov 2010, 03:15

Hi Arto and Hi Phil:

Thanks for your nice words about this effort to get arto up an running on the Forum.

At my age, 70 and going up, I tend to be not too politically correct sometimes in my postings.

Having lived in Peru during 1976-1978, I understand arto's possible problems in getting proper equipment (PC) and proper internet access.

I make no political statement here, but I well remember when the telephone service used to go down and we had to use dedicated teletype/telefax lines that we installed to communicate between the various Volvo del Peru installations we had in country at the time.

This Forum is one of the best of the maybe 150 I belong to with respect to the free and enthusiastic sharing of information about the general subject of the History of WWII as well as the InterWar (1918-1938) era.

For me, it is hoped that arto will be able to help us with some input on the Armed Forces of Peru during both the InterWar period as well as the WWII period. Very little of this is available to us at this point.

In that context, I think that anything we can do to help arto to post photos will be of benefit to not only arto but the rest of us as well.

Bill

Waleed Y. Majeed

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 27 Nov 2010, 12:48

Bill, Arto and all!
Have we got other posters from Peru on the site who have the same problems?

Tried looking through the "members" section but can't figure out how to filter the search
so as to shows the "locations" alphabetically.
Must admit I haven't got the patience to search through 1247 pages of members for Peruvian flags... :?

Just wish I could do more to help.

waleed

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”