Axis Armored Vehicles Quiz

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
yantaylor

Re: Axis Armored Vehicles Quiz

Post by yantaylor » 06 Sep 2018 14:42

If that was Kim Jon Un he would have shot them, maybe they should have asked!

I see you are from Moseley, which is about 60 miles south of my gaff, hell compared to some of the Americans, we are practically neighbours!

Alanmccoubrey
Financial supporter

Post by Alanmccoubrey » 07 Sep 2018 18:32

Bam, I don't believe you but not because I don't want to but because you haven't shown me anything to change my mind. I am often wrong and never afraid to admit it, nor do I ever presume to tell other people what they think.
Regardless, when I set the question the answer for which I was looking was Wirbelwind and to that I will be sticking so over to Yan.
Alan

bam

Post by bam » 08 Sep 2018 21:09

Alan, does this image help you. Going clockwise from top left: the jutting rectangular box in the side of the top armor, below the standing chap ; loaders head, not visible in a real WW ; aerial mounted on turret side; barrel box mounted with ridged lid on the side.
None of these are present on any Wirbelwinds.
The purpose of the competition isn't to guess which answer u were looking for, it's to identify the vehicle in the photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yantaylor

Post by yantaylor » 10 Sep 2018 20:23

The book which I have which contains that picture also has a shot of a destroyed Pz.38t which has the caption;

knocked out PzKpfw 38(t). This Czech light tank was still being used by German recce units as late as 1944.

So since the book only covers Panzers in Northwest Europe [which by the way is the books title], I wonder if this was a ringer added by mistake by Mr. Quarrie [the author] or did this AFV serve against the allies in France in 1944.

The picture is from the Bundesarchiv and numbered 680/8282/15

I could scan the image if required.

Yan.

bam

Post by bam » 14 Sep 2018 19:19

Pz. 38 T definitely were in France in summer 44, if only with the Armored trains, Panzerzug, where there were two Pz.38Ts per BP44 type Panzerzug

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”