Six King Tigers missing in action

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Matthew Jones

Six King Tigers missing in action

Post by Matthew Jones » 02 Aug 2017, 20:31

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for traces of six King Tigers, that were employed in certain military operation in late April 1945 somewhere on the territory of what became Eastern Germany in a few years. Since such a large tank group is a rare thing to find, especially in the last days of war. So far, I have narrowed my search down to five or six reignments. However, a few questions still remain:

1. Since it was a clandestine operation, there are no records whatsoever. Combat logs of the reignments in questions are not showing anything special either. One thing is for sure: there was no fighting in that area, as the Germans were quickly retreating.
2. The area of operation is unknown. It could be either south of Berlin or north. The problem is that only two reignments operated in the north, one of them is Paderborn company employing exactly six King Tigers.
3. All of these tanks have survivied and made there way back to... where?
4. The Paderborn tank group... no idea what they were doing at that time. Supposedly, their KT's has never made it to Steiner or Wenk, as their armies were poorly equipped.

Hope you can shed some light on my research and enlighten me on any cases of King Tigers missing from the books or doing something strange.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Six King Tigers missing in action

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 02 Aug 2017, 22:51

DUH?????? Suggest you go back to what your source is to this weirdness and toss in trash. Your story here has many wrong facts

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”