Curious camouflage

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
kerryboo

Curious camouflage

Post by kerryboo » 05 Feb 2018, 12:08

Hello all,
Here is a photo from the Kurland Pocket. The VW Typ 82 and the sleeve of the man on the left both have the same unusual camouflage pattern, one I have not seen on a vehicle before. I thought it may be of interest to the camouflage experts on the forum,
Regards,
Kerry.
Attachments
img976_new.jpg

Larry Hayward

Re: Curious camouflage

Post by Larry Hayward » 11 Feb 2018, 17:05

I guess the man's camo tunic is of a style that I have seen that's made of Italian Camo fabric but whether a unit ended up in Kurland after Italy is for someone else. As for the Kubelwagen, I'd say it was quite normal and is likely to be red brown and olive green over the standard dunkelgelb.

kerryboo

Re: Curious camouflage

Post by kerryboo » 12 Feb 2018, 11:33

Thank you for your comments Larry. The jacket could indeed be Italian, but also perhaps Hungarian cloth. As to the normality of the vehicle scheme, I have been collecting for many years and this is the first time I have seen that particular pattern. I know that patterns did vary greatly from location to location and between individual "artists". Camouflage is not an area which has greatly exercised me, but I found this one interesting and, to my eye, unusual, not one of which I had previously had an example.
Regards,
Kerry.

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”