Panther with Panzer IV Turret

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Javichu

Post by Javichu » 13 Jun 2003, 21:16

Well...Maybe not so high.Just compare with a standard T34/85 .
Sure they were more vulnerable,I don´t think the boxy superstructure was armored and seem to be open topped ...Any artillery shell would do the work,even a mortar one.
I like the FlaKPanther very much :lol: Why shouldn´t it be like this?It was built in the same workshop as the T34 and maybe at the same time...So surely same materials were used (It is said that the armor came from disabled 251s) and same plans also. :wink:
Regarding to the Pz3...Are you sure it is an Ammo carrier ? I have seen the same photo captioned as an early Bergepanzer3. :? I have even a close up of the cover.When I saw it first many years ago I thought it was some kind of Radar equiped tank!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

nox

Post by nox » 14 Jun 2003, 00:36

In 39/45 magazine, Pz 3 picture is presented like an Ammo carrier. :)
I would like to see a picture of flak38/bergepanther, but in waiting I created one. I am rather proud of my creation :lol:
When I saw your T34 I thought it was artillery observation tank like beobachtungspanzer UE(f) :wink:

Javichu

Post by Javichu » 14 Jun 2003, 16:54

CORRECTION: That´s not a 653 Munitionspanzer T34...A friend of mine says that 653 vehicles were just turretless T34.There are two pictures in Fedorowicz´s book on 653.Highly commended book if you´re interested in 653
Then that T34 from e-bay could well be anything...Even a beobachtungpanzer :P

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”