Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
User avatar
Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter
Posts: 4520
Joined: 24 Jan 2014 07:36
Location: Philippines

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by Maxschnauzer » 16 Dec 2019 10:25

Hello Larry,
Thanks for posting those. I've admired your collection for years and these are a fine and unusual contribution to this thread.
If I may pay you a further compliment, I have a File in my archives called "Larrister Colorized" where I found a very nice color rendition of your second photo:
9 Pz. Div., Greece.jpg
Good stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5
Member
Posts: 4720
Joined: 22 Nov 2006 17:27
Location: Germany

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by SIS 5 » 17 Dec 2019 09:16

Hi Larry,

thank You very much for posting these pics, especially the rear of the Büssing "Paketwagen". Excuse me, please, a little correction. The cars don´t belong to the Feldpost (FP). The numbers on the license plates are field postcodes (F.P. , Feldpostnummern). Here the number 20712 is the postcode of the 9th rifle brigade of the 9th Panzerdivision.

Best regards

Bert

User avatar
Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter
Posts: 4520
Joined: 24 Jan 2014 07:36
Location: Philippines

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by Maxschnauzer » 17 Dec 2019 11:08

To that subject here are some Feldpost buses:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Max

User avatar
uncle
Member
Posts: 955
Joined: 05 Dec 2015 18:24
Location: Russia

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by uncle » 17 Dec 2019 20:20

photo World War I
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Larrister
Member
Posts: 1774
Joined: 13 Jan 2004 00:34
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by Larrister » 17 Dec 2019 21:10

Maxschnauzer wrote:
16 Dec 2019 10:25
Hello Larry,
Thanks for posting those. I've admired your collection for years and these are a fine and unusual contribution to this thread.
If I may pay you a further compliment, I have a File in my archives called "Larrister Colorized" where I found a very nice color rendition of your second photo:9 Pz. Div., Greece.jpgGood stuff.
Thank you. I had forgotten about posting that colorized photo.
Cheers,
Larry

User avatar
Larrister
Member
Posts: 1774
Joined: 13 Jan 2004 00:34
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by Larrister » 17 Dec 2019 21:13

SIS 5 wrote:
17 Dec 2019 09:16
Hi Larry,

thank You very much for posting these pics, especially the rear of the Büssing "Paketwagen". Excuse me, please, a little correction. The cars don´t belong to the Feldpost (FP). The numbers on the license plates are field postcodes (F.P. , Feldpostnummern). Here the number 20712 is the postcode of the 9th rifle brigade of the 9th Panzerdivision.

Best regards

Bert
Hi Bert,

Great information about the number plate. I wonder why a Feldpost number would be on a number plate.

Cheers,
Larry

User avatar
Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter
Posts: 4520
Joined: 24 Jan 2014 07:36
Location: Philippines

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by Maxschnauzer » 19 Dec 2019 08:12

A Tempo Dreirad of the Deutsche Reichspost
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5
Member
Posts: 4720
Joined: 22 Nov 2006 17:27
Location: Germany

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by SIS 5 » 20 Dec 2019 11:35

Hi Larry,

excuse me, please, for my late answer to Your interesting question. Many captured vehicles first got a number plate with the Feldpostnummer (field postcode) of this unit. The units were hoping to keep the vehicles. Here a captured Studebaker with the Feldpostnummer 30189 (5./Pi.Lehr-Btl.1 = 5th company engineer instruction batallion 1) and the current number 11. This vehicle could really stay at this unit and later got the license plate WH - 863 027. Source of the pic and information: "Lastkraftwagen der Wehrmacht" by Reinhard Frank.

Best regards

Bert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SIS 5
Member
Posts: 4720
Joined: 22 Nov 2006 17:27
Location: Germany

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by SIS 5 » 20 Dec 2019 11:43

Hi Max,

still a little advice to Your pic with the Büssing-NAG. This vehicle had not the superstructure of a bus, but of a special vehicle for the transport of parcels and mailbags. Here two pics of such vehicles produced by the other company: Magirus L 145.

Best regards

BNert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter
Posts: 4520
Joined: 24 Jan 2014 07:36
Location: Philippines

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by Maxschnauzer » 20 Dec 2019 23:44

Hi Bert,
Thanks for the correction and the Magirus photos. Yes, I now note the difference in body styles, for example this Mercedes looks like another of the special postal vehicles, kind of a mobile post office:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Max

User avatar
Larrister
Member
Posts: 1774
Joined: 13 Jan 2004 00:34
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by Larrister » 21 Dec 2019 00:45

SIS 5 wrote:
20 Dec 2019 11:35
Hi Larry,

excuse me, please, for my late answer to Your interesting question. Many captured vehicles first got a number plate with the Feldpostnummer (field postcode) of this unit. The units were hoping to keep the vehicles. Here a captured Studebaker with the Feldpostnummer 30189 (5./Pi.Lehr-Btl.1 = 5th company engineer instruction batallion 1) and the current number 11. This vehicle could really stay at this unit and later got the license plate WH - 863 027. Source of the pic and information: "Lastkraftwagen der Wehrmacht" by Reinhard Frank.

Best regards

Bert
Excellent explanation. Thanks.

Cheers,
Larry

User avatar
uncle
Member
Posts: 955
Joined: 05 Dec 2015 18:24
Location: Russia

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by uncle » 21 Dec 2019 18:51

Hi all,
one more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
peeved
Member
Posts: 8826
Joined: 01 Jul 2007 07:15
Location: Finland

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by peeved » 21 Dec 2019 21:29

Büssings from exp. eBay.de (Auction numbers in pic names).

Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
peeved
Member
Posts: 8826
Joined: 01 Jul 2007 07:15
Location: Finland

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by peeved » 21 Dec 2019 21:31

More vehics from exp. eBay.de (Auction numbers in pic names).

Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
peeved
Member
Posts: 8826
Joined: 01 Jul 2007 07:15
Location: Finland

Re: Photothread: Vehicles of the Reichspost and Deutsche Reichspost

Post by peeved » 21 Dec 2019 21:32

More vehics from exp. eBay.de (Auction numbers in pic names).

Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”