I/Panzer-Regiment Brandenburg Panther Turret Numbers Request

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
hucks216

I/Panzer-Regiment Brandenburg Panther Turret Numbers Request

Post by hucks216 » 04 May 2020, 20:07

Good evening.
I am helping a friend who is undertaking a project to build a 1:16 scale Panther that belonged to I/Pz.Rgt Brandenburg in 1945. The panzer in question bore the turret number 313 and was produced in early 1945 by Daimler-Benz and was lost by the middle of March at the Oder. Another similar Panther of the unit was abandoned in April 1945 at Halbe.

The problem is that I have been unable to find any image that shows the turret number of any of the Brandenburg Panthers and so it hasn't been possible to find out what form and colour (or shades considering the images will probably be B&W) these numbers would of been, and where located on the turret - if numbers were applied at all. I have the book Die Panther-Abteilung Brandenburg 1945 by Wolfgang Ockert & Axel Urbanke and the only side numbers visible in the book are those that belonged to the Panthers of I/Pz.Rgt 26 in late 1944.
Advice, opinions and photos (sent in private if desired) to model this Panther as accurately as possible would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by hucks216 on 05 May 2020, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

Jan-Hendrik

Re: I/Panzer-Abteilung Brandenburg Panther Turret Numbers Request

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 05 May 2020, 08:03

Öhm, I./PzRgt. 'Brandenburg' IS the former I./PzRgt. 26....Or: I./PzRgt. 26 was renamed to I./PzRgt. BR...

Jan-Hendrik

hucks216

Re: I/Panzer-Abteilung Brandenburg Panther Turret Numbers Request

Post by hucks216 » 05 May 2020, 09:47

Hello Jan-Hendrik, thank you for the reply. I know that I/Pz.Rgt 26 were renamed I/Pz.Rgt Brandenburg but I'm seeking proof as to whether they kept the same turret number markings or applied their own style after they took delivery of Panthers in January 1945. The problem is that I can not find any photos that show a turret number after the change over.

Jan-Hendrik

Re: I/Panzer-Regiment Brandenburg Panther Turret Numbers Request

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 05 May 2020, 09:58

Why it should haven been another style? It was still the same unit with the same personal...

And I think, looking at the situation on Eastern Front in January 1945 the commanding officers had other problems than thinking about turret number designs.

Jan-Hendrik

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”