German self-propelled AA

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
77Konstantin20

Re: German self-propelled AA

Post by 77Konstantin20 » 29 Jan 2021 22:17

Good evening, everybody.

The fahrschulwanne pz I in post 42 caught my attention. Clearly the crew are at an exercise or training event, due to the relaxed poses, and unhelmeted heads, but have you noticed that the vehicle seems to be dug in and converted to a form of bunker?
On the first photo, the fenders seem to be just above ground level, and there seems to be a dugout, covered by corrugated ironsheets, to the right, in the former drivers position. Also the engine seems to have been removed, to jugde by the open inspection hatch visible in the first photo. Highly interesting.

arminfreitag

Post by arminfreitag » 30 Jan 2021 13:20

Hi 77Konstantin20,
I think you are right that the vehicle is dug in. Maybe it is a static AA defence at an airfield?
The gasoline cannister seems to indicate that the Fahrschulwanne is still moveable though.
Here another picture of a similar vehicle.

Regards
Armin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CameronW

Post by CameronW » 01 Feb 2021 03:38

Captured M3 halftrack with a French canon de 37mm modele 1925 AA gun. According to a source it was assigned to Kampfgruppe Lang on February 26, 1943 heading towards Beja part of Operation Oschsenkopf. http://tiger1.info/photo-page/000782
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”