Bruckenleger IV picture on ........

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Javichu

Post by Javichu » 02 Jun 2004, 21:35

I agree that the owner of the picture should be fully credited if known ,I also think that if the picture comes from a book It becomes some kind of publicity for the book itself (I have bought several books just because I saw part of their pictures in the web) and to some extent the infringement of copyright is balanced :roll: ... What I find more difficult is giving proper credit to the original owner whenever we post all these pictures found in the web (Posted in forums,found in long time diappeared websites...) that we have stored in our PC without any information and a long time ago.If these pictures weren´t shared because we can´t give credit to the original owner a great deal of info would be lost.
I´ve got a lot of pictures saved from several HD crashes along the years whose credits I have lost a long time ago, just because the name of the archive was lost when I recovered the data from my HD :cry:
I must say I remember which of them were given to me with the condition of not sharing or posting them and so I do, but if I wouldn´t It woudn´t be intentional.
What I find really ashaming is when pictures found in collector´s sites are used without their agreement, for they are sharing their collection with us without getting anything in exchange.The fact that one of the best sites (Der Fotosammler) has disappeared because of this behaviour makes me feel really angry with all these pirates...I must say that Mr Robert Noss was extremly kind when I asked for a better copy of one of their pictures for a modelling project and he sent me an enlarged ,hi res picture of a Puma that was later published in one of Jentz´s books...In exchange I have NEVER shared that picture and I´ll never do.
Cheers

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 02 Jun 2004, 21:40

If a photo is from a long lost site or if you don't recall which site you found it, just write something along the lines of "from a long lost site", that way you have at least made an effort to provide credit.

/Marcus

Xavier

Post by Xavier » 20 Aug 2004, 18:54

Brückenleger deployed in actual field use, no training/demo picture: (from a closed ebay auction...)

regards

Xavier
Instandsetzungtruppfuhrer
Attachments
brucke.jpg
brucke.jpg (35.77 KiB) Viewed 2441 times

nacho

Post by nacho » 22 Aug 2004, 11:16

This point is a long-time disscusing... I think that here in this forum the point is not a matyter of personnel ideas but of rules, and if moderators on this forum ask for credit of the pics posted, I will try to make it. I speak as an user of the forum, my own ideas about this doesn't make difference.

Cheers to all

WSchneck

Brückenleger IV Photo

Post by WSchneck » 09 Nov 2005, 18:57

There is another photo of a Brückenleger IV being used in action by the 2nd Panzer Division near Boulogne in "Die 2. Panzer-Division, 1939-1945" by Franz Steiner.

Sander D

Re: Bruckenleger IV picture on ........

Post by Sander D » 05 Jul 2008, 20:01

From expired E-bay sale .

Came across this picture on webshot.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/22 ... 0923MELBBZ

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/56 ... n?start=60

Cheers

Last edited by Sander D on 06 Jul 2008, 14:27, edited 2 times in total.

Larrister

Post by Larrister » 06 Jul 2008, 07:07

Hi

I personally try to post photos from my collection only. If I do post a picture from somewhere else I always make sure I know the source.

There are people out there including members here who in my opinion trawl the internet looking for photos just to fill threads.

Saying "from expired ebay auction" for instance is a form of piracy in my opinion as these photos were won at auction and paid for by the new owners who haven't given them permission to be copied.

Some will say that these photos were in the "public domain" when they were up for auction and for this reason can be copied. One photo posted on this forum was still up for auction on Ebay and I was the highest bidder at the time.

I have seen my photos all over the net. I have no problem with this if I have posted them on an open forum.
My name is always on them but I have seen some of them with my name carefully removed.

Just my opinion.

Cheers
Larry

MarioL

Post by MarioL » 06 Jul 2008, 11:49

Thank you Larry,
i totally agree with you.

Francisco

Post by Francisco » 06 Jul 2008, 21:14

Some more photos inside: