Vehicle identity requests

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Bill Murray

Re: Vehicle identity requests

Post by Bill Murray » 11 Jul 2014 18:22

Hejsan Markus:

Markus, I was impressed before with your abilities to ID things and now, I am really, really impressed!!!

I think you hit the nail right on the head as we say.

I will do some more research this evening my time to see if I can find more on my ID photo as the one in your
link is a slightly different model.

Thanks, my friend.

Bill

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 11 Jul 2014 19:52

Hejsan Markus:

A quick follow up to the railroad truck, and I realize this is no big deal, but I find it fascinating to try to track it down.

I found several sites devoted to the history of VBV but so far, most of them are too old or too new in terms of photos.

However, I did find another photo of "my" truck on a German Coastal Command website where it was stuck in with a lot of photos of German train engines and cars etc. I will post it below. If nothing else comes up, I will join one of the Danish sites and post my photos and see if I can get an answer.

Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 12 Jul 2014 08:28

Hi Bill,

excuse me please for my late answer. I´m awfully sorry, but I cannot find the original pic in my chaos and so I cannot tell You more. I was still searching for a possible solution, but without success. But Horch is not really bad, suggested by Markus.

Here another vehicle I cannot ID. Maybe You can. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kerryboo

Post by kerryboo » 12 Jul 2014 09:21

Hello Bert,
If it helps, the radiator badge looks very much like a Hotchkiss,
Regards,
Kerry.

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 12 Jul 2014 09:39

Hi Kerry,

thank You very much. That was the best advice that I could get. With Your help I could ID this vehicle. It is a Hotchkiss AM 80, built from 1931 to 1932. Thanks again

Regrads

Bert

peeved

Post by peeved » 12 Jul 2014 11:24

SIS 5 wrote:I was still searching for a possible solution, but without success. But Horch is not really bad, suggested by Markus
Hi Bert,

I really went one up from Horch and speculated on a Maybach pickup. In fact if I cross my eyes and count to ten I think I can see Maybach's uppity arrow hood ornament.

Markus

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 12 Jul 2014 11:59

I think of the alternatives posted so far, the Maybach is the best candidate.
Somewhere buried in my cellar is a book on the history of Maybach and I will try to find it this morning to see if It sheds any light on the question.

Bill

kerryboo

Post by kerryboo » 12 Jul 2014 12:06

Hello Bert,
You are, of course, welcome. Just out of interest, I think the uniform is for the Grenzschutz, border protection force. Note the collar patches, the very slightly different cap insignia and lack of breast eagle. The national symbol would be on the cuff band just visible on his left arm.
Best regards,
Kerry.

photo-war

Post by photo-war » 12 Jul 2014 18:09

Please help to identify this truck.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 12 Jul 2014 18:27

Hi Kerry,

an interesting question, but I don´t know the unfiforms of the Grenzschutz and I´m no expert in uniforms.
But I have a question about the license plate of the Hotchkiss vehicle: the two letters FP - what does it mean? FP - the abbreviation for "Feldpost" (army postal office) or for "Feldpostnummer" (unit postcode)?

Regards

Bert

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 12 Jul 2014 18:32

Hi Photowar,

the truck on Your pic is an Opel "Blitz" 3-tonner type 3,6 - 36 of the third model with a simplified cargo bay (source of the information: "Opel Blitz 3-Tonner" by Henry Hoppe.

Regards

Bert

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 12 Jul 2014 23:22

SIS 5 wrote:Hi Kerry,

an interesting question, but I don´t know the unfiforms of the Grenzschutz and I´m no expert in uniforms.
But I have a question about the license plate of the Hotchkiss vehicle: the two letters FP - what does it mean? FP - the abbreviation for "Feldpost" (army postal office) or for "Feldpostnummer" (unit postcode)?

Regards

Bert
Hello Bert, acccording to http://www.autogallery.org.ru/ the Feldpost Nummer plate was used as a "temporary 1940 year plate for trophy vehicles" and looked like the one on this Renault Juvaquatre:
renJuvaquatreFp-Nr05160_W.jpg

I haven't yet found anything like the FP plate in Kerry's pic but I'll keep trying. It could very well be Feldpost (Reichspost was RP).
Cheers,
Max

photo-war

Post by photo-war » 13 Jul 2014 07:30

Hello Bert!

Many thanks! IS this the same truck in this photo?

Best regards,
Alexander

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 13 Jul 2014 19:30

Hi Max,

thank You very much for Your reply and the information.

Hi Alexander,

on Your pic is a Ford type BB.

Regards

Bert

photo-war

Post by photo-war » 13 Jul 2014 20:08

Bert many thanks again!

Could be this Mercedes be identified? All photos from the same source, Nachrichten team was moving on this in Ukraine.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”