Hungarian tanks?

Discussions on the vehicles used by the Axis forces. Hosted by Christian Ankerstjerne
Milan Szekelyhidi
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 26 Mar 2002 08:58
Location: Hungary

Post by Milan Szekelyhidi » 06 Nov 2003 14:05

Orok wrote:Hi Milan,
Also do you happen to have any photos of Toldis, Csabas or Nimróds of the 1. tábori páncélos hadosztály in Don bend during this period?


I atached some Hungarian pictures for East front.

Milan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milan Szekelyhidi
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 26 Mar 2002 08:58
Location: Hungary

Post by Milan Szekelyhidi » 06 Nov 2003 14:06

Milan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milan Szekelyhidi
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 26 Mar 2002 08:58
Location: Hungary

Post by Milan Szekelyhidi » 06 Nov 2003 14:09

Milan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milan Szekelyhidi
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 26 Mar 2002 08:58
Location: Hungary

Post by Milan Szekelyhidi » 06 Nov 2003 14:11

Milan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Milan Szekelyhidi
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 26 Mar 2002 08:58
Location: Hungary

Post by Milan Szekelyhidi » 06 Nov 2003 14:13

The marks was metal and mould.
That used in tanks and armoured cars.
The 2nd half of the war didn't use.
Milan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Orok
Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: 11 Sep 2003 15:35
Location: USA

Post by Orok » 06 Nov 2003 15:19

Thanks Milan for the wonderful and rare pictures! Just what I need and wanted!! :lol: :lol:

Thank you again and my Best Regards!

User avatar
luno
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: 16 May 2003 12:38
Location: North off Sweden

Post by luno » 06 Nov 2003 15:32

i have an question abut the Nimrod. Its is the same tank as the Landsverk L-62 . the only different that I know it abut, is the engine that L-62 did use Scania-Vabis 1664, 142 hk but what did nimrod use?
regards
Olof

User avatar
Orok
Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: 11 Sep 2003 15:35
Location: USA

Post by Orok » 06 Nov 2003 15:40

luno wrote:i have an question abut the Nimrod. Its is the same tank as the Landsverk L-62 . the only different that I know it abut, is the engine that L-62 did use Scania-Vabis 1664, 142 hk but what did nimrod use?
regards
Olof


Hi Olof,

To my best knowledge the Nimród used the German designed 155 hp 8 cylinder Büssing engine manufactured by Ganz in Hungary under license. The Hungarian designation of the engine is GANZ VIII. VGT 107.

Best Regards!

User avatar
luno
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: 16 May 2003 12:38
Location: North off Sweden

Post by luno » 06 Nov 2003 15:42

Orok wrote:
luno wrote:i have an question abut the Nimrod. Its is the same tank as the Landsverk L-62 . the only different that I know it abut, is the engine that L-62 did use Scania-Vabis 1664, 142 hk but what did nimrod use?
regards
Olof


Hi Olof,

To my best knowledge the Nimród used the German designed 155 hp 8 cylinder Büssing engine manufactured by Ganz in Hungary under license. The Hungarian designation of the engine is GANZ VIII. VGT 107.

Best Regards!


Orok Thanks for the help :)
Regards
Olof

User avatar
luno
Member
Posts: 94
Joined: 16 May 2003 12:38
Location: North off Sweden

Post by luno » 06 Nov 2003 16:02

Do you know anything abut the Landsverk tank M42 (Hungarian name is Lago)
I know abut one Lago Tank that where sent to Hungaria (Königl. Ung. Staatliche Eisen-Stahl- und Maschinenfabriken, Budapest. ) for testing.
Do know anything abut the Lego tank? Did Hungeria made them under licens?


Lago
Image

Lago tank
Image

User avatar
Orok
Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: 11 Sep 2003 15:35
Location: USA

Post by Orok » 06 Nov 2003 16:28

Hi Olof,

I don't think the Hungarians actually bought/manufactured this tank. Late in the war the Hungarians did develop a twin engine heavy tank called Tas, but it was obviously based on the Turan chassis. Although its profile has some similarity with the Lago, it is much larger and heavier than Lago.

Image

For more information on Tas go to http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=19899

Best regards!

Milan Szekelyhidi
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 26 Mar 2002 08:58
Location: Hungary

Post by Milan Szekelyhidi » 10 Nov 2003 13:42

luno wrote:Do you know anything abut the Landsverk tank M42 (Hungarian name is Lago)
I know abut one Lago Tank that where sent to Hungaria (Königl. Ung. Staatliche Eisen-Stahl- und Maschinenfabriken, Budapest. ) for testing.
Do know anything abut the Lego tank? Did Hungeria made them under licens?


The MÁVAG (Magyar Királyi Állami Vas-, Acél és Gépgyárak (Royal Hungarian State Iron, Steel and Engine factories) ordered 1 p. Landsverk Lago tank from Swedish Landsverk Company. Because the Hungarian made 40 mm tank-cannon planned to the Lago, 1 p. sent to Landsrona because, the Hungarian engines wanted to test in the Lago. Because the test and the plan was very slow (only few plan was ready (for example they only sad: they want use 2 p. 150 hp petrol engine) in February 1940) the MÁVAG gave up the order.

Milán

Milan Szekelyhidi
Member
Posts: 244
Joined: 26 Mar 2002 08:58
Location: Hungary

tank pictures

Post by Milan Szekelyhidi » 10 Nov 2003 13:44

Milan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Orok
Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: 11 Sep 2003 15:35
Location: USA

Post by Orok » 10 Nov 2003 14:35

Thanks Milan for the new pictures.

Best Regards!

User avatar
Orok
Member
Posts: 1787
Joined: 11 Sep 2003 15:35
Location: USA

Post by Orok » 13 Nov 2003 17:46

Hi Milan,

Do you have any information on whether the 1. Field Armored Division actually received any Panzer IV Ausf D and Ausf F2 during the 1942 Don campaign? Some of the books and websites said these models were delivered to the 1. Field Armored Division, but I have never seen a picture of these tanks in Hungarian service.

Thank you and My Best Regards!

Return to “The Ron Klages Panzer & other vehicles Section”